***The Official BU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Anyone know until when they are interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 15th and got the acceptance letter three days later ...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 15th and got the acceptance letter three days later ...

Congratz!
Are you accepting the offer?
Do you mind to share who you interviewed with? The professors or the admissions staffs?
Thanks!

Congratz!
Are you accepting the offer?
Do you mind to share who you interviewed with? The professors or the admissions staffs?
Thanks!

I will decline if UDM accepts me :) I interviewed with Dr. Larry, super chill guy Lol

same here. interviewed in Jan and still waiting

anyone hear back lately? Still waiting on a response from them.. (interviewed last year)

invited for interview today!!!!!!! tips! where to stay etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, in case anyone is wondering, they are still interviewing for seats in the class, not wait list spots

got accepted today!
Interviewed on Monday Jan 28th (interview offer on Jan 18th)
Application complete- October 10th

got accepted today!
Interviewed on Monday Jan 28th (interview offer on Jan 18th)
Application complete- October 10th

Congrats! I wish I could hear from them quickly like that.

I've been interviewed for 2 weeks already but I haven't heard back from them yet....is this a bad sign? :(

Does anyone know til when BU interviews til? I haven't heard from them at all and I completed my secondary app in mid-late August..

Does anyone know til when BU interviews til? I haven't heard from them at all and I completed my secondary app in mid-late August..
I called them, and they said they'll interview till March. I applied mid August also, and haven't received any news from them.

I've been interviewed for 2 weeks already but I haven't heard back from them yet....is this a bad sign? :(

It's not a horrible sign, but they usually are pretty quick with handing out acceptances. I heard back the next morning via e-mail, but some people didn't hear back as quickly. They could be waiting to see who has decided to place a deposit. I know mine was due on 2/8 and I decided not to place the deposit, which opened up a seat for someone. I assume this is the case for a lot of people, so I would hold out a little longer before worrying too much. Good luck!

It's not a horrible sign, but they usually are pretty quick with handing out acceptances. I heard back the next morning via e-mail, but some people didn't hear back as quickly. They could be waiting to see who has decided to place a deposit. I know mine was due on 2/8 and I decided not to place the deposit, which opened up a seat for someone. I assume this is the case for a lot of people, so I would hold out a little longer before worrying too much. Good luck!

Thanks for the insight

I hope so too smileurdentist. :(. Although, it looks like they've handed out all of the February interviews already.

Hi,
can somebody tell me about some of the questions they might ask at the interview.
thank u

How are we supposed to dress when it's below freezing outside in Boston? Do we wear a coat over our suit?

Yes, wear a coat over your suit. They have a coat rack and you'll be able to leave your belongings in the conference room while they give you a tour of the schook. A few of the girls I interviewed with brought another pair of shoes because you will be walking outside to get to the sim. Lab.

Yes, wear a coat over your suit. They have a coat rack and you'll be able to leave your belongings in the conference room while they give you a tour of the schook. A few of the girls I interviewed with brought another pair of shoes because you will be walking outside to get to the sim. Lab.

What about pants and shoes?

Got in today at 11am CST. Will probably turn down the offer. Good luck, everyone!

I am in too! First acceptance wow!

Hello every one,
I was very fortunate to receive an interview invite from BU. would any one care to explain what I should expect on the interview day? Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

I've been complete since 8/7/12 and STILL no correspondence from BU. The website says not to call or bother them. Has anyone called the office to get status updates? Is there any hope for additional interviews coming up?

I've been complete since 8/7/12 and STILL no correspondence from BU. The website says not to call or bother them. Has anyone called the office to get status updates? Is there any hope for additional interviews coming up?
I've called them. They were very friendly, actually. Although, the only thing they said to me was to check the aadsas website for the latest information... :(

Also, it's so weird. It seems that those who haven't gotten interviews applied in August...

Has anyone received an interview invite in the past week? For some odd reason, I have a feeling that BU will send some out this week (they seem to send invites out every 1.5-2 weeks), and I'm just hoping that I didn't miss the boat for this week.

Has anyone received an interview invite in the past week? For some odd reason, I have a feeling that BU will send some out this week (they seem to send invites out every 1.5-2 weeks), and I'm just hoping that I didn't miss the boat for this week.

That is probably right as first initial deposit for accepted students is due within 2 weeks.

Interview invite today! :). March 12. I think I got the last date. When I called them last week, they said that interview ends mid-March.

Interview invite today! :). March 12. I think I got the last date. When I called them last week, they said that interview ends mid-March.
Congrats! Phone call or email? And was today the last day to hear from them?

Email. I'm not sure, but I don't think today's the last day to hear from them. From the email that I got, I'm thinking that they send invitations on a rolling basis rather than in batches. And I'm also not sure that March 12 is the last day. I just remember that they said that interviews end in mid-March. :). Good luck with everything. We're all in this excruciatingly painful and long application process together.

Congrats! Phone call or email? And was today the last day to hear from them?

I called them two days ago.. they said they will keep interviewing till the program starts in July! still early to totally give up though the chances are not too high but unexpected things happen in admission every year :)

I called them two days ago.. they said they will keep interviewing till the program starts in July! still early to totally give up though the chances are not too high but unexpected things happen in admission every year :)
Additional good news for those waiting: I called them earlier this week asking if there were still seats available. Apparently, there are!! :D. Hopefully, for those who are super anxious about a potential interview invite, there may still be a chance.

Additional good news for those waiting: I called them earlier this week asking if there were still seats available. Apparently, there are!! :D. Hopefully, for those who are super anxious about a potential interview invite, there may still be a chance.

Thanks guys. :xf: :)