Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yay! My interview is October 5th.

8th batch, 3.73, 18AA and TS

nov 5th

26AA and TS, 3.2x sGPA, 8th batch

Members don't see this ad :)
did they give dates with the invite?

Yep, they give you a date and you confirm.

Is it really true that there is an out of state acceptance rate of 6/7 = 86%...This is what I found in Doctoothaches excel chart!!!

Is it really true that there is an out of state acceptance rate of 6/7 = 86%...This is what I found in Doctoothaches excel chart!!!

I saw that too! Time to go to the library and check the ADEA book!

Oct. 9th interview!!!

Aw, I got that date too but it's literally the worst possible interview day I could have so I had to reschedule. My evening classes are on MW and I have midterms in them Oct 8 and Oct 10 so there was no way I'd make it from CA-->Boston and back. Good luck with your interview, mine is now Oct 19! Maybe you can give me some interview tips :)

Aw, I got that date too but it's literally the worst possible interview day I could have so I had to reschedule. My evening classes are on MW and I have midterms in them Oct 8 and Oct 10 so there was no way I'd make it from CA-->Boston and back. Good luck with your interview, mine is now Oct 19! Maybe you can give me some interview tips :)
Yeah definitely! Gotta start preparing soon..going to be my first interview! I applied to 2 schools in cali maybe I'll be flying there when you're flying here haha

Hey guys, I have my interview on October 15th. Would anyone want to split a hotel room? Please PM me if you are! (girls only, sorry guys I dont think my husband would be too happy lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any buddy have current ADA % acceptance ratios please?

For the 2010 class, 72% of OOS interviewed were accepted.

Hey how do you know what batch you are? I sent my application at the end of August.

So a higher rate of out of state applicants get accepted than in state. Huh, go figure.

BU is a private school (no in-state tuition), so they don't need to preference in-state applicants

But we're so great ; ). Sure would be nice to have a state school...and be preferenced somewhere.

BU is a private school (no in-state tuition), so they don't need to preference in-state applicants

Even though they are a private school, they actually do give preference to in-state applicants because they receive state funding and because it's good PR (a school runs more smoothly if you don't piss off the local community/govt).

They preference MA residents who apply in that they give nearly half of us interviews. The interview yield is lower but it's still easier for us to get into Tufts and BU than OOS applicants (They accept 1/3 of their MA applicants).

Harvard is the exception though.

Last edited:
Quick question guys,

I still haven't submitted my sup app yet because my grandma passed away and had to go back home(overseas from aug - sept) so didn't really have time to work on the sup app.

Is it too late to submit or should i still submit it.

Quick question guys,

I still haven't submitted my sup app yet because my grandma passed away and had to go back home(overseas from aug - sept) so didn't really have time to work on the sup app.

Is it too late to submit or should i still submit it.

Submit!!

I wonder how important is their supplement or secondary application. I got an email on August asking for secondary application including an essay and fee. I sent them out as soon as possible, but I have not heard them since then.

Hm well, the "essay" was only a couple of sentences so I'm sure you didn't mess it up. I wrote about volunteering and the APEX program they offer in mine.

I doubt it would make or break you.

I wonder how important is their supplement or secondary application. I got an email on August asking for secondary application including an essay and fee. I sent them out as soon as possible, but I have not heard them since then.

Also, from what I've seen, there haven't been November interviews given out yet so I'm sure there's still plenty of time. Mine is this Friday, I'll let you know if I hear anything new from them.

Good luck :luck:
Keep me updated:laugh:

Also, from what I've seen, there haven't been November interviews given out yet so I'm sure there's still plenty of time. Mine is this Friday, I'll let you know if I hear anything new from them.

my AADSAS went from that long paragraph (7/27) to this today (9/28) Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is complete at this time.

anyone else has this? I just noticed this today on my status page. Before It was an ungodly long paragraph stating they consider DAT, GPA, and etc blah blah.

Just checked. My is still the long one.
Wonder what is going on.

my AADSAS went from that long paragraph (7/27) to this today (9/28) Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is complete at this time.

anyone else has this? I just noticed this today on my status page. Before It was an ungodly long paragraph stating they consider DAT, GPA, and etc blah blah.

same

mine just turned from the small message to the really long message...

No invite yet. What the hell.

Just received an interview invitation. It is for January 7th. Unsure yet if I'll accept it or not.

I also received an interview on January 7th, i'm so excited, second interview in a week, after waiting for like 8 weeks !

What does it mean when my status on adsas is changed to " thank you for applying to bu your application is complete at this time"?

Mine had that too before I got my interview

Hi, has anyone been to BU interviews? What is the format like, panel or 1on1? Thanks!