***The Official BU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I'm officially in now that I got the email!

I'm already filling out my acceptance form and check. Cannot believe this is happening!! We should get that Facebook group going soon. Sometime next month I'm going to need to decide where I want to live in Boston and with whom I'm going to want to live with.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm already filling out my acceptance form and check. Cannot believe this is happening!! We should get that Facebook group going soon. Sometime next month I'm going to need to decide where I want to live in Boston and with whom I'm going to want to live with.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed?

congrats everyone! is there a facebook group yet?

Congrats all! Did anyone get scholarship info in the email?

BU looks super fun after looking at all those photos on their facebook page.

I couldn't find one? Also, how many of you are planning on going to BU for sure?? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on it too. I have a feeling ill get into Roseman in Jan. but I can't see myself backing away from the 3k deposit.

Anyone knows the acceptance rate of the interviewed applicants?

About 8%. And 6% acceptance rate for interviews for all (out of state) applicants in 2011/2012
:eek:
Only 6-8% of people who interviewed will be eventually accepted?? Omg...I am having a heart attack...:xf::xf:

I think he means of all apps. The answer to your question is about 80% for OOS and a little less for instate for 2010 or 2011 class I think. I was there last year and they had 4500ish apps, interviewed 330 for class of 115.

I think he means of all apps. The answer to your question is about 80% for OOS and a little less for instate for 2010 or 2011 class I think. I was there last year and they had 4500ish apps, interviewed 330 for class of 115.

Thanks! I am OOS and will be interviewed at BU on Jan 8.
Hope I could be one of the 80%..:xf::xf::xf:;)

Do you know how many spots they are expecting to fill for the first batch then?

Anyone know or have a guesstimate of when the next round of acceptances would be?

Anyone know or have a guesstimate of when the next round of acceptances would be?

Are you wait listed or have they just not said anything to you about your status?

I would just call them and ask.

It depends if you have already interviewed and been wait listed or if you haven't been offered an interview yet. If you are wait listed, it's could be any day as people who were accepted choose to decline their spot at BU. if you haven't interviewed yet then that depends how many people have sent in their acceptance form and check by the Jan 2 deadline.

I interviewed last year and was wait listed until nearly the day before classes began. I applied early and my status changed to application complete at the end of July. Since then I haven't heard anything

I interviewed last year and was wait listed until nearly the day before classes began. I applied early and my status changed to application complete at the end of July. Since then I haven't heard anything

Same here. Interviewed in early Feb. last cycle and was waitlisted and but they accepted me this year. All I have to say is it is about time and I am super excited to start dental school in July!

Wish I was in your boat haha. Now I wish I knew when they may send the next round of acceptances

what r the chances of an acceptance when u have the very first post-dec interview (jan 7)? I would like to live in Boston and its medical center surroundings

anyone gonna be there around jan 4-8?

Last edited:
im staying at the hampton by hilton next to the BU med center. I already have a room suite and I'm willing to split the cost.

Hello everybody
I got my interview on Jan 8 and this is my first interview ever in United States(I am an international student)
Any kind of information on the interview specially specific questions will help me.
Please help.:scared:
Thanks a lot

anyone heard of any acceptances since dec 3? Still waiting but not sure when the next round will be

Hello everybody
I got my interview on Jan 8 and this is my first interview ever in United States(I am an international student)
Any kind of information on the interview specially specific questions will help me.
Please help.:scared:
Thanks a lot
What was the interview like? One on one with multiple people or just 1 person? Open/closed file? Thanks in advance.

well it was one-on-on and open file. it was really good and without any kind of stress. Good Luck

Anyone knows how full the class has been filled so far?

does bu send an acceptance packet/letter or something? or is it just the email? Thanks!

I had an interview last year and therefore won't have an interview this year. Anyone else in this boat and still waiting to hear back?

My interview was in early Jan. Haven't heard from the school ever since. They said the next turnaround should be in 4-6 weeks, but I know a couple of students got accepted immediately the following day...does it mean my chances are slim already?

We won't know until someone calls their office and I too interviewed early January and still waiting for a response

I saw the previous posts saying the class is 2/3 full already. If it is true, then there are only 38-40 spots left as of today.

I saw the previous posts saying the class is 2/3 full already. If it is true, then there are only 38-40 spots left as of today.
Yeah I interviewed there Monday 1/14 and thats what was said. I got an acceptance email today 1/18!