***The Official BU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

What does it mean when my status on adsas is changed to " thank you for applying to bu your application is complete at this time"?
Mine is still the long one... :'(

Members don't see this ad.

Mine also just changed. Did you find out what it means?

man, BU was awesome.

just some stuff for those of you who have yet to interview/want to interview..

a lot of the students/faculty acknowledged the problems at the school, and we were told that new changes were going to be made, primarily from the clinical side...such as being assigned patients as opposed to you having to actively get patients, and adapting the 'group practice model' in the clinic. and after talking to some of the older students, it seems that a lot of their problems were resolved..i.e. block exams being replaced with weekly exams throughout the semester.

with that said, take everything you see on sdn with a grain of salt. they're making changes, so a lot of the threads that you'll read applies to the older classes.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Qnzbabi, Have u interviewed at BU already (or have one set-up)?

No, nothing. My application was sent to them on 9/28 and I recieved the supplemental 2 weeks later. Since then, I have heard nothing.

No, nothing. My application was sent to them on 9/28 and I recieved the supplemental 2 weeks later. Since then, I have heard nothing.

lol probably you are too good for them...sometimes they knew you wouldn't go there...

For those of you who received interview invites for post-Dec dates, when did they process your application? Mine was processed in mid-October, so I'm guessing with no updates so far, I'm probably in the rejected pile :(

My status just changed from invited for interview to check back on dec 3rd.

Anyone else???

my status finally changed from a really long paragraph to Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is complete at this time.
I should have applied earlier................:(

Members don't see this ad :)
my status finally changed from a really long paragraph to Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is complete at this time.

not to worry. they interview around 150ish post dec (which is about what they interview pre dec). you still have a very solid shot (esp. with your stats), considering that a lot of people decline right away or after the first deposit deadline.

man, BU was awesome.

just some stuff for those of you who have yet to interview/want to interview..

a lot of the students/faculty acknowledged the problems at the school, and we were told that new changes were going to be made, primarily from the clinical side...such as being assigned patients as opposed to you having to actively get patients, and adapting the 'group practice model' in the clinic. and after talking to some of the older students, it seems that a lot of their problems were resolved..i.e. block exams being replaced with weekly exams throughout the semester.

with that said, take everything you see on sdn with a grain of salt. they're making changes, so a lot of the threads that you'll read applies to the older classes.
I also really liked BU!

Last edited:
My status did not change from the long paragraph. I interviewed there last week. I felt like my interview there went well. But we'll see on Mon.

My status did not change from the long paragraph. I interviewed there last week. I felt like my interview there went well. But we'll see on Mon.
Im sure you will here good news soon! I like the fact that they emphasize research at the school...would deff like to get involved in some rite away....thats how peeps be specializing these days!

Hey did anyone check their mobile portal for aadsas? On mine it says offer made!

Mine also says offer made on the mobile portal!

will find out for sure tomorrow at midnight!

From PM:

I saw your post about BU being offer made. I was actually waitlisted there last cycle as well, and emailed them asking if I would be given another interview. They told me they only interview people once, but that they'd try to give me a decision Dec. 3rd.

So I guess I am accepted as well

Congratulations potential future classmate!

from pm:

I saw your post about bu being offer made. I was actually waitlisted there last cycle as well, and emailed them asking if i would be given another interview. They told me they only interview people once, but that they'd try to give me a decision dec. 3rd.

So i guess i am accepted as well

yeaaaaaaaaaah son.

edit: did you email them recently?

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH BUDDY! I never emailed them recently but I guess I didn't interview so poorly last cycle. Props to them for a legit acceptance without interview. That saved me like $600.

large placement into specialty programs - research good

Last edited:
If I hear from Roseman on Monday it is going to be a hard decision.

perio's got a point tho.

more opps to specialize as well at BU. roseman is legit tho from what ive heard. decisons, decisions.

monday shall be interesting.

I would like to do research and possibly specialize though!

Last edited:
I just didn't like the fact that BU has a 30% no show rate when I was there last year but it has instant name recognition here in Wisconsin. The high placement rate is legit but I'm set on GP. I really don't think there was a dental school that had initial accreditation that didn't become fully accredited. Im sure I will get the HPSP scholarship so finances shouldn't be a deciding factor. I like how BU has a lot or relationships for community outreach where Roseman doesn't.

Hey you should pick which ever school you love the most! You would be surprised how much reputation factors in to even getting a general practice residency these days, trust me it will be harder for the students going to newer schools, believe it or not! But further discussion of these topics are only meant for another thread...Congrats again!

If I had to choose between the two I would probably go to BU at the end of the day. I mean they have the Jawbreakers lol.

I had that as my status since 7/23