You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Faux
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
buts its irritating me that they replied early to waitlist me 









Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yup! they better make some decisions this week!!Does it still say "Received/Under Review" for everyone here on their AADSAS Portal?
Does it still say "Received/Under Review" for everyone here on their AADSAS Portal?
Yup
YES!Does it still say "Received/Under Review" for everyone here on their AADSAS Portal?
thats so true, doing all this applying and interviewing, while the semester is in full speed is a real hassle.@imrandom this waiting game is just not letting me study for anything...
Tell me about it...This is SENIORITIS at its maximum expressionthats so true, doing all this applying and interviewing, while the semester is in full speed is a real hassle.

FYI: The administration has completely revamped our interview process this year, which could help explain why it is taking a bit longer to get back to applicants.
FYI: The administration has completely revamped our interview process this year, which could help explain why it is taking a bit longer to get back to applicants.
How is it going to be different? I thought the reason why they were taking longer this year was because they were interviewing the international dentist first?
The international program is several years old. The changes in pre-doc admissions are new this year. The school hasn't said much about it except that it will be a different format than in the past. I know there are less interview days, with more applicants at each session, than we had previously .
Last edited:
So I guess this school has a sense of humor..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My heart..... it hurts.... first line was so misleading...
Way to get my hopes up and then shoot them down in less than ten seconds
"Dear _________,
I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"
Way to get my hopes up and then shoot them down in less than ten seconds
"Dear _________,
I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"
Seriously! That email got my heart pounding...
I don't think I'm going to do it... I'm not sure though, I want to read more about the increased course-load per semester. And talk to my wife about what our plans are. I'm thinking I'll want to specialize, so I'm planning our the next SEVERAL years of education leading up to my actual career. What do you guys think of the joint program?
I don't think I'm going to do it... I'm not sure though, I want to read more about the increased course-load per semester. And talk to my wife about what our plans are. I'm thinking I'll want to specialize, so I'm planning our the next SEVERAL years of education leading up to my actual career. What do you guys think of the joint program?
Buffalo right now:
http://www.livememe.com/phtscch
http://www.livememe.com/phtscch
Hopefully!!!!I got so excited. Maybe this is a good sign for whoever got the email?
Has anyone ever been on a tour or attended an open house? Is that even a thing? I can't find anything on their website
I received the same thing. I was interviewing today at another school and for a second started to jump until I realized it was a "weird" email lolMy heart..... it hurts.... first line was so misleading...
Way to get my hopes up and then shoot them down in less than ten seconds
"Dear _________,
I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"
:/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Faux how do you know that?????
I got an interview email. 7/7 mailed out and completed.
Congrats! Anybody know if any Canadians have received any interviews 😛?I got an interview email. 7/7 mailed out and completed.
I think previously buffalo had group interviews, where a group of faculty interview each student at the same time. This is from what I have heard, but now they are interviewing one-on-one, so like you have three one-on-one interviews.How is it going to be different? I thought the reason why they were taking longer this year was because they were interviewing the international dentist first?
@Faux CONGRATS!!!!!!
thank you 🙂, i was a bit worried for NY since i haven't even received an interview at NYU yet. Glad to have one now in my home state.
do you mind sharing your stats please.. im just way to nervous at this point 🙁thank you 🙂, i was a bit worried for NY since i haven't even received an interview at NYU yet. Glad to have one now in my home state.
Lol I got the Same email almost had a heart attack!!!!My heart..... it hurts.... first line was so misleading...
Way to get my hopes up and then shoot them down in less than ten seconds
"Dear _________,
I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"
My application was put under "Continue Review" today. Anyone else get this status and what are your thoughts on this status?
My application was put under "Continue Review" today. Anyone else get this status and what are your thoughts on this status?
I got this as well. Oh well, at least it's not a rejection 🙂
Best feeling ever when u are walking out of an interview, turn your phone on and the first thing appears in your screen is "after a careful review of this year's applicants, the University of Buffalo invites you to interview ....." Interview #8 ... Beyond grateful 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Best feeling ever when u are walking out of an interview, turn your phone on and the first thing appears in your screen is "after a careful review of this year's applicants, the University of Buffalo invites you to interview ....." Interview #8 ... Beyond grateful 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
when are you going? i'm on the 16th
Idk yet. What days were available? I want to schedule it around Oct 20 so I can go from one interview to another= saving some $. Do u know if everything is open?when are you going? i'm on the 16th
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idk yet. What days were available? I want to schedule it around Oct 20 so I can go from one interview to another= saving some $. Do u know if everything is open?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
The dates are in the email 😛
Interview! Signed up for October 16th (let's get this stress over with...)
Interview! Signed up for October 16th (let's get this stress over with...)
Congrats!!! when did you submit your application?
July 23
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K