*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Ah this is my top choice.... Hope they send out some emails monday!!

Members don't see this ad.

buts its irritating me that they replied early to waitlist me :bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it still say "Received/Under Review" for everyone here on their AADSAS Portal?

@imrandom this waiting game is just not letting me study for anything...

Reactions: 1 user
thats so true, doing all this applying and interviewing, while the semester is in full speed is a real hassle.
Tell me about it...This is SENIORITIS at its maximum expression :corny:

FYI: The administration has completely revamped our interview process this year, which could help explain why it is taking a bit longer to get back to applicants.

FYI: The administration has completely revamped our interview process this year, which could help explain why it is taking a bit longer to get back to applicants.

How is it going to be different? I thought the reason why they were taking longer this year was because they were interviewing the international dentist first?

Members don't see this ad :)
The international program is several years old. The changes in pre-doc admissions are new this year. The school hasn't said much about it except that it will be a different format than in the past. I know there are less interview days, with more applicants at each session, than we had previously .

Last edited:
My heart..... it hurts.... first line was so misleading...
Way to get my hopes up and then shoot them down in less than ten seconds

"Dear _________,

I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"

Reactions: 8 users
Received the same email. Had my hopes up for a second. :(

Reactions: 2 users
hahahaha I got that too... UGH! are you guys doing it?

God!!! Was on a lecture, received that stupid same email. When i saw "pleased to inform u"" ran away out of the room, could not read email. Why doing that to us??? :((

Seriously! That email got my heart pounding...
I don't think I'm going to do it... I'm not sure though, I want to read more about the increased course-load per semester. And talk to my wife about what our plans are. I'm thinking I'll want to specialize, so I'm planning our the next SEVERAL years of education leading up to my actual career. What do you guys think of the joint program?

At least i hope we are not rejected yet

I might apply for it.. it's gonna be many years of schooling but owning your private practice is a business to run.. so that might be good

I got so excited. Maybe this is a good sign for whoever got the email?

Reactions: 2 users
That was a good feeling.... for a split second

Has anyone ever been on a tour or attended an open house? Is that even a thing? I can't find anything on their website

"Dear _________,

I am pleased to inform you that the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and the School of Management collaboratively offer a five year program leading to both the DDS (Doctor Dental Surgery) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. These two nationally ranked programs combine to give future dentists the best in dental and business education. The dual degree program prepares students for clinical dentistry as well as the business and negotiation challenges that come with managing a clinical practice......"
I received the same thing. I was interviewing today at another school and for a second started to jump until I realized it was a "weird" email lol
:/

interviews went out!

How is it going to be different? I thought the reason why they were taking longer this year was because they were interviewing the international dentist first?
I think previously buffalo had group interviews, where a group of faculty interview each student at the same time. This is from what I have heard, but now they are interviewing one-on-one, so like you have three one-on-one interviews.

thank you :), i was a bit worried for NY since i haven't even received an interview at NYU yet. Glad to have one now in my home state.
do you mind sharing your stats please.. im just way to nervous at this point :(

"Dear _________,

Lol I got the Same email almost had a heart attack!!!!

Hey guys! I got in to UB under early assurance and just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck! Also looking forward to meeting potential future classmates! I'll be watching the thread for updates! Again good luck to everyone!

haven't heard anything still :( any updates for anyone? do you know how many invites they sent out already?

My application was put under "Continue Review" today. Anyone else get this status and what are your thoughts on this status?

My application was put under "Continue Review" today. Anyone else get this status and what are your thoughts on this status?

I got this as well. Oh well, at least it's not a rejection :)

Just landed my third interview!! So excited that it is from here!

Best feeling ever when u are walking out of an interview, turn your phone on and the first thing appears in your screen is "after a careful review of this year's applicants, the University of Buffalo invites you to interview ....." Interview #8 ... Beyond grateful :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Best feeling ever when u are walking out of an interview, turn your phone on and the first thing appears in your screen is "after a careful review of this year's applicants, the University of Buffalo invites you to interview ....." Interview #8 ... Beyond grateful :)

when are you going? i'm on the 16th

when are you going? i'm on the 16th
Idk yet. What days were available? I want to schedule it around Oct 20 so I can go from one interview to another= saving some $. Do u know if everything is open?

Idk yet. What days were available? I want to schedule it around Oct 20 so I can go from one interview to another= saving some $. Do u know if everything is open?

The dates are in the email :p

I scheduled mine for November 4th! Two-three interviews that day.. not even the ivy's do three!

Interview! Signed up for October 16th (let's get this stress over with...)