*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Yea but less variety of people in a small class! Idk 90 people is still small, it wouldn't be hard to get to know professors ya know. And I'm not saying it has a bad reputation, I just have a lot of family that work in residency programs and they told me that the students from Buffalo had way better clinical experience compared to stony and other schools
I actually heard SB has a great rep too. I actually heard that at SB the students have better chances of getting residencies. They do have higher avg GPA and DAT than UB. However, everything you hear from other people is subjective.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone done the Gradmit thing from UB and do you know if I need to do it in order to secure my seat at UB?

Have not heard any info from Buffalo yet. I was denied at NOVA and received an interview at UDM. Anybody know when they plan to stop extending interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I have never posted on SDN before, I'm super new to this... but i just got my first (& so far only) interview at buffalo on 1/6. I was hoping if any of you that have already been accepted could tell me more about the interview process (like whether it is closed or open file) and any tips you may have will be greatly appreciated :) I just want to make sure I am fully prepared, thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I have never posted on SDN before, I'm super new to this... but i just got my first (& so far only) interview at buffalo on 1/6. I was hoping if any of you that have already been accepted could tell me more about the interview process (like whether it is closed or open file) and any tips you may have will be greatly appreciated :) I just want to make sure I am fully prepared, thank you so much!
Hey! Sorry I can't answer your question but I had a question about your app. Did you receive the continuing review email from here? And if you don't mind how are your stats and when did you apply? Just wanted to know.. sorry for all the questions.

Hey! Sorry I can't answer your question but I had a question about your app. Did you receive the continuing review email from here? And if you don't mind how are your stats and when did you apply? Just wanted to know.. sorry for all the questions.
No worries! And yes i did get the email about continuing review and that my application was not chosen for interview at that time which was a bummer because i thought that meant i was rejected and had no shot, so I was super surprised and happy to get the interview invite this morning. My overall gpa is like a 3.89/ science gpa 3.76 and my DAT unfortunately is a 17 but I am going to retake it even though it's so late in the cycle (don't know how much better I'll do though)

No worries! And yes i did get the email about continuing review and that my application was not chosen for interview at that time which was a bummer because i thought that meant i was rejected and had no shot, so I was super surprised and happy to get the interview invite this morning. My overall gpa is like a 3.89/ science gpa 3.76 and my DAT unfortunately is a 17 but I am going to retake it even though it's so late in the cycle (don't know how much better I'll do though)
Omg that gives me a very small glimmer of hope! Haha UB is one of my top choices. But I really feel like my app complete date (9/21) is what held me back. When was your app complete? It's okay. You have a great OGPA and SGPA. I have around 3.66 and a 20AA/21TS/24RC but got the continuing review in October :(

Omg that gives me a very small glimmer of hope! Haha UB is one of my top choices. But I really feel like my app complete date (9/21) is what held me back. When was your app complete? It's okay. You have a great OGPA and SGPA. I have around 3.66 and a 20AA/21TS/24RC but got the continuing review in October :(
Ahh i applied earlier in the summer so maybe that's why! I got my continuing review email end of july i believe :( But I think you still have a great shot because your stats are awesome so keep your head up and don't give up!!

I will see you there!

Just go on sdn interview page, search for Buffalo, and that should answer most of your questions.

Has anyone placed on "continuing review" been rejected without an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how likely it is that out of state residents get accepted off of the waitlist for this school generally?

They never even emailed me whether I'm in continuing review or anything. No interview either. 22 AA 24 TS 23 PAT 3.6 sgpa 3.75 ogpa.

Oh well their loss.

They never even emailed me whether I'm in continuing review or anything. No interview either. 22 AA 24 TS 23 PAT 3.6 sgpa 3.75 ogpa.

Oh well their loss.
They emailed me continuing review a week after I Got my DAT in... so a week after 9/21. But idk why I haven't been rejected yet if they're not interested in me since then? Do you or anyone have Any idea when continuing reviews get rejected? I just sent them my academic update but idk

They are done interviewing. Last one is Jan 17th.

Does anyone know how likely it is that out of state residents get accepted off of the waitlist for this school generally?

I am in the same boat as you are.. At the interview, they said about 40% of the students are OOS. This is my #1 school. I really hope I can get in.

Have you guys checked previous years threads? Maybe I am mistaken. But all I know is they aren't holding any future interviews as of now. Maybe more will open.

Okay just checked and people got started to get put/accepted off the waitlist. Not a single soul got an interview after Feb.

Have you guys checked previous years threads? Maybe I am mistaken. But all I know is they aren't holding any future interviews as of now. Maybe more will open.

Okay just checked and people got started to get put/accepted off the waitlist. Not a single soul got an interview after Feb.

I HOPE THIS WILL BE ME. You're going to Stony Brook man, who cares??

I HOPE THIS WILL BE ME. You're going to Stony Brook man, who cares??

Im just providing answers for those of you asking :). And I hope you get in as well! I hope everyone gets in lol.

Hey everyone! I was recently accepted to the Physician Assistant program at D'Youville College. I'm looking at getting a two bedroom apartment at Collegiate Village (http://www.collegiatevillagewny.com/), and I'm looking for someone to share it with. For those of you who haven't heard of Collegiate Village, it does shuttle to the UB campus, which is nice for those of you not wanting to pay for a car. I'm looking for a female who likes a clean place, isn't into drugs or alcohol (occasional drinking doesn't bother me, just not a wasted and puking mess), and not much of a partier (at least not at what would be our place--why would I care what you do at other people's places). Due to the intensity of my program, I would like the apartment to be a place where productive studying alone or in groups can be done and where we can sleep without disruption, and I know since you guys will be in dentalschool, you probably feel the same. Message me if you're interested:)

I called the admissions office yesterday, and it sounds like next wave of acceptances will start next week.

Does anyone know how chances of being accepted off the waitlist for an out of state applicant would be? Is it more likely you'll be accepted off the waitlist if you're an in-state applicant vs. OOS?

Does anyone know how chances of being accepted off the waitlist for an out of state applicant would be? Is it more likely you'll be accepted off the waitlist if you're an in-state applicant vs. OOS?

None of us are on the admissions commitee.....

What's up Buffalo Soldiers!? I interviewed early December and was accepted shortly after. I'm a NY resident (Long Island). Just curious who is going to Accepted Student Day and how important it is to go? I spoke to a couple UB D1 friends and neither of them attended. Meeting future classmates is the main appeal for me. Is it looked poorly upon in the eyes of the faculty if you don't attend? I'm interested in attending, but it will obviously cost a few hundred bucks (flight, car rental, food)...Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just declined UBuffalo to attend my in-state school. It's a really hard decision for me, but I hope someone here will get my seat at UB. Best of luck to y'all!

What's up Buffalo Soldiers!? I interviewed early December and was accepted shortly after. I'm a NY resident (Long Island). Just curious who is going to Accepted Student Day and how important it is to go? I spoke to a couple UB D1 friends and neither of them attended. Meeting future classmates is the main appeal for me. Is it looked poorly upon in the eyes of the faculty if you don't attend? I'm interested in attending, but it will obviously cost a few hundred bucks (flight, car rental, food)...Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm a D2 and never heard of that event lol.

If its out of your way/wallet, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Does anyone know if UB waitlists everyone they interview (if not accepting them) such as how NYU does? And does anyone know if the waitlist has had any movement yet?

Received my official acceptance on Friday. Applied through the Early Assurance program my sophomore year. Excited to commit to UB!

Invited for interview yesterday. The only remaining date was Feb. 7.

Has anyone heard anything as of lately regarding waitlist movement?

this school is done with interviews right! why haven't I got my rejection llol

Not sure why, but I feel more nervous about this interview than my other two. Can any one comment about the interview experience? Am I getting too worked up?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted, please remember to join the facebook group if you haven't already 2021 Facebook group.