*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Thanks for your reply, I was just wondering what was going on as I interviewed in September and haven't been contacted by them at all today so I was wondering if it would mean a rejection or waitlist at this point

I am in the exact same boat as you. Are you OOS? I'm kind of hoping that maybe they just sent acceptances to in state first but I really have no idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your reply, I was just wondering what was going on as I interviewed in September and haven't been contacted by them at all today so I was wondering if it would mean a rejection or waitlist at this point

I'd check last years thread and see if anyone said anything. I think for Buffalo, no news is good news. Don't quote me though.

I'd check last years thread and see if anyone said anything. I think for Buffalo, no news is good news. Don't quote me though.

It's kind of weird this year, if you see, only like 5 people posted acceptances the whole day. Either no one is posting, or they didn't accept too many today.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you weren't contacted today, interviewed and have been waitlisted, you should be notified soon. Not 100% sure though, thought all notifications went out on December 1st in past application cycles

It's kind of weird this year, if you see, only like 5 people posted acceptances the whole day. Either no one is posting, or they didn't accept too many today.

Exactly! Compared to threads from the last 2 cycles it seems like less were accepted and no one posted anything about being waitlisted or rejected

I am in the exact same boat as you. Are you OOS? I'm kind of hoping that maybe they just sent acceptances to in state first but I really have no idea.
Yeah I'm out of state. In previous years threads it seems like everyone was notified in December 1st of all decisions

Cycle is still young, you still have a chance to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting for my interview here :vomit:

Reactions: 1 users
Do they usually let you know if you've been rejected or waitlisted? This is the only school I haven't heard back from and it's my state school :(

Do they usually let you know if you've been rejected or waitlisted? This is the only school I haven't heard back from and it's my state school :(

I'm not able to recall exactly what they said at the interview, but did they mention anything about if you are accepted it would be notified on Dec. 1st and if you have a different status (waitlist, rejected) you would be notified some days afterwards?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called their office, the person I spoke with said that they are working on the list and to expect an email either at the end of the day or early next week. There's still hope, people.

I just called their office, the person I spoke with said that they are working on the list and to expect an email either at the end of the day or early next week. There's still hope, people.

Do you know if that includes acceptances or is that just for waitlist/rejections ?

Do you know if that includes acceptances or is that just for waitlist/rejections ?
It goes for everyone; acceptance, rejection, waitlist. From what I could gather from the phone call, it does seem like they are working on something because most of the admission staff were too busy to pick up the phone

It goes for everyone; acceptance, rejection, waitlist. From what I could gather from the phone call, it does seem like they are working on something because most of the admission staff were too busy to pick up the phone

Well this is interesting news, thanks!
So there is a chance for more acceptances to go out soon-ish?

Well this is interesting news, thanks!
So there is a chance for more acceptances to go out soon-ish?
Quotting the person that I spoke to to answer your question: "some of the acceptances were send out yesterday. The staff are currently working on the list of students who will be included in the next mass email. You should expect it either today or early next week". As far as that goes the list he probably referred to includes some acceptances and ranking of students on the waitlist. That's what they are occupied with at the moment.

I really hope I hear from this school soon it was one of my top choices and I thought the interview went really well :/

I really hope I hear from this school soon it was one of my top choices and I thought the interview went really well :/
Haha that's exactly what I feel right now. Both of my interviews there went amazingly well. i thought I had terrible interviews at some of the schools I got accepted to lol go figure

Alternate as well, and they said I haven't completed a prerequisite in which I major in... lol

Alternate as well, and they said I haven't completed a prerequisite in which I major in... lol

Also on alternate. They also said I'm missing a pre-req but I have it!

Does anyone know how long the OOS waitlist is and if it moves quickly?

Alternate as well. They said I'm missing a pre-req which is not true. According to the email, "Alternates may be selected at any point, but usually not until the end of April, and can be selected as late as the first week of August. Please note that we do not disclose our alternate candidate rank order."

I was told that there is one waitlist for out of state and in state applicants. I am confused as to how that would work and does this mean that out of state wait listed applicants do not have high chances to get off the wait list?

I was told that there is one waitlist for out of state and in state applicants. I am confused as to how that would work and does this mean that out of state wait listed applicants do not have high chances to get off the wait list?

You're correct, Buffalo favors in-state.

You're correct, Buffalo favors in-state.

I know they favor in-state residents, but if they do not distinguish between out of state and in state in the wait list and have one wait list for both combined, how are they able to maintain the ratio of out of state and in-state residents, because they do consistently take a certain amount of OOS students

I know they favor in-state residents, but if they do not distinguish between out of state and in state in the wait list and have one wait list for both combined, how are they able to maintain the ratio of out of state and in-state residents, because they do consistently take a certain amount of OOS students
What do you mean? You're the one who just said they have 2 waitlists

What do you mean? You're the one who just said they have 2 waitlists

i thought they had 2 separate waitlists, but when I called the admissions office asking about that they said it's one wait list

I have no idea, I got the two waitlist idea from you.

Did anyone get accepted with a scholarship?

I love UB but a little scared of the area now. I've been reading about recent reports on robberies and guns around the campus. Can any current UB dental students weigh in on safety?

I love UB but a little scared of the area now. I've been reading about recent reports on robberies and guns around the campus. Can any current UB dental students weigh in on safety?

The last 3 weeks were a bit unusual, other than that, I've felt safe.They're actually wondering if its the same person doing it. I live right across the street from the school, often see cops patrolling, sitting idle. Really the only "troubled" area is actually south of the campus. Everything north is great.

I wouldn't allow that to be a deciding factor. The area surrounding Temple is something to worry about, not UB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Have any SDN members gotten in off the waitlist previous years, and when were they contacted?

The last 3 weeks were a bit unusual, other than that, I've felt safe.They're actually wondering if its the same person doing it. I live right across the street from the school, often see cops patrolling, sitting idle. Really the only "troubled" area is actually south of the campus. Everything north is great.

I wouldn't allow that to be a deciding factor. The area surrounding Temple is something to worry about, not UB.

Do you anything about what this missing pre-req thing is that people have been talking about and getting on the waitlist for?

Area's surrounding UB are of the safest in America (statistically). I wouldn't worry about that especially compared to many other dental schools that are purposely in low socioeconomic areas to foster their cheap dental care (i.e much of the way they make money using their dental students).

Do you anything about what this missing pre-req thing is that people have been talking about and getting on the waitlist for?

I do not, sorry. Perhaps try calling? or emailing

The recent reports are definitely unsettling, but it seems to be one person, and no city is without crime. The biggest factor to consider is where you choose to live. obviously you do not want to set up in an area that doesn't feel safe. As stated above north of campus is 100% fine (amherst etc), however, Buffalo is very pocketed in terms of good and bad areas south of campus. I live extremely close to campus in the upper unit of a house near a middle school. my area is 'safe' enough, however if you go down the street about a half mile, and south from campus things are not so great. If you choose to come here, just consider where you are living, and not the price you pay to live there. There are plenty of nice apartment complexes, and apartments in the area.

I do not, sorry. Perhaps try calling? or emailing

I have my interview to UB soon but I'm afraid that taking Physics 2 next semester is going to affect my application/interview decision