*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey future D1s! Here it goes again, but one of my classmates here at UBSDM created a youtube channel specifically for you guys! He's been interviewing a bunch of people in our class from very different backgrounds so hopefully, you can gain perspective on the kinds of students in our class. Also, you can see how our classmates interact in an "interview" setting! Hope this helps! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6JMnCNlNRwei96HxJxoYKQ/featured

For those who are worried about the continuing review email, don't worry too much about it! I am another UBSDM D1 who got that email! Patience is key 🙂

STAY POSITIVE!!

Nice to see my school on youtube. I wanted to do something similar during D1 but just got carried away with everything else. Keep up the good work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my app in the beginning of October and received a continuing review email shortly after a week. Really bummed out.
 
Last edited:
Do i need to bring anything for my interview? and does anybody mind sharing what type of questions they will be asking?
 
Do i need to bring anything for my interview? and does anybody mind sharing what type of questions they will be asking?
Nothing too much.
To bring:
straight mentality
your AADSAS application + supplemental (not the actual copy but you need to know who you are. nobrainer but still...)
confidence
note+pen (Having this and making note during conversation can't lose. That's what I learned through my working experience. But ask the interviewer if you can do it before you start taking note. A lot of guys brought a professional notepad. I used a palm sized $1 notebook tho.)

Not to bring:
Lies (NEVER EVER! just be yourself)
nerves
bad food (well... this is more like what you shouldn't do the night before...)

I thought I had a 50-pages long list but can't really think any more right now. Just make sure you be there at the time UB gave you on the invitation and be yourself. Recon the place the day before interview if possible, to plan out your movement in the morning accordingly. Put yourself in front of a mirror right before you walk into the waiting room to top up your sharpness!

I think that's pretty much it.
 
Nothing too much.
To bring:
straight mentality
your AADSAS application + supplemental (not the actual copy but you need to know who you are. nobrainer but still...)
confidence
note+pen (Having this and making note during conversation can't lose. That's what I learned through my working experience. But ask the interviewer if you can do it before you start taking note. A lot of guys brought a professional notepad. I used a palm sized $1 notebook tho.)

Not to bring:
Lies (NEVER EVER! just be yourself)
nerves
bad food (well... this is more like what you shouldn't do the night before...)

I thought I had a 50-pages long list but can't really think any more right now. Just make sure you be there at the time UB gave you on the invitation and be yourself. Recon the place the day before interview if possible, to plan out your movement in the morning accordingly. Put yourself in front of a mirror right before you walk into the waiting room to top up your sharpness!

I think that's pretty much it.
Did they supply us with a folder with info and a pen?
 
Yes they did! Folder included more info on tuition/ fees and a magazine on the Niagara area and town of Buffalo.
Thank you very much. I wanted to bring extra copies of my personal statement and resume and didn't want to get stuck carrying two folders!
 
Submitted app really late (yesterday), Has any Canadians submitted this late and received an interview at BU? stats: 3.5 sgpa/ogpa and 23AA/25TS
 
Submitted app really late (yesterday), Has any Canadians submitted this late and received an interview at BU? stats: 3.5 sgpa/ogpa and 23AA/25TS

If you really submitted yesterday, I doubt you’d hear back from anywhere until Feb.


Also, BU and UB are 2 different schools. Should probably remember that in case you mention BU in an interview.
 
Last edited:
If you really submitted yesterday, I doubt you’d hear back from anywhere until Feb.


Also, BU and UB are 2 different schools. Should probably remember that in case you mention BU in an interview.
woops I slipped, luckily i have UB written in my secondary questions haha. thanks for the feedback.
P.S. I didn't submit to all schools yesterday (submitted in july), I added UB to my arsenal yesterday.
 
That was fast. Just got the "continuing review" email this morning. Though im very disappointed, i really appreciate UB actively reviewing my app and informing me of their decision asap.
3.5gpa/23aa but im Canadian so i understand that my chances are somewhat low.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am very much looking forward to seeing the acceptances roll in over the next several months. Good luck tonight/tomorrow, guys!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
giphy.gif


Congrats everyone, live up the next 8 months before school and welcome to UB. If theres any questions, dont hesitate to ask here or pm me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Judging by previous year's posts, no email on dec 1 is the second best outcome. For now gonna keep hoping.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.