The Official Case Western Reserve School of Dental Medicine Class of 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so toofly we actually are waiting to hear back from a couple schools we both interviewed at...but I'm starting to lose some hope....

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Chuck,

I was wondering if you have a timeline set for the round 3 acceptances? I know the deposits for round 2 are due tomorrow (Feb 22), so it is safe to assume that the committee will meet sometime early next week and the next round sent out by Friday March 1? Or the week of March 3?

Thank you

Dr. Chuck,

I was wondering if you have a timeline set for the round 3 acceptances? I know the deposits for round 2 are due tomorrow (Feb 22), so it is safe to assume that the committee will meet sometime early next week and the next round sent out by Friday March 1? Or the week of March 3?

Thank you

no guarantees yet... but we will try to get notice out by around March 1 or the week of March 3. It just depends when we get the committee together for review.

Members don't see this ad :)
no guarantees yet... but we will try to get notice out by around March 1 or the week of March 3. It just depends when we get the committee together for review.

Will there be any more interview invites Dr.Chuck?

Will there be any more interview invites Dr.Chuck?

Not sure... but since we're rolling into our last month of interviewing, any invitations we send out are meant for highly desirable applicants. We will probably stop inviting people soon.

As mentioned before, anyone who wishes to have a highly competitive application for 2014 should be reviewing our website, including our presentation for applicants for AADSAS 2014 (viewable on PC browsers with Adobe Flash Player installed) and the presentation regarding letters of recommendation. These presentations are found as links from our Timeline and Checklist pages. We do present followup information for desirable applicants when we visit campuses or do virtual recruitment visits, though it will also likely be presented in some form during the ADEA Dental School Virtual Fair in April and our intended webinar for applicants the weekend before AADSAS 2014 launches.

It is saddening how four simple phone calls, or even a quick visit to the interview scheduling website could have offered those spots to people who sincerely want to attend Case.

Wow, sad to hear about the way Round 3 ended. Hopefully the next few days bring positive things for the rest of us.

Applicants: If you can no longer attend the interview, call or email the admissions office beforehand so someone else can have that coveted spot. It is a privilege to be called for interview but unfortunately some people forget that. Besides being basic good manners (a concept obviously lost on some), it is incredibly discourteous to everyone involved in the application process to be absent or late without prior notice. As future health professionals, consider your conduct and how that could reflect on your future practice, and think twice before skipping or showing up late to an interview.

That's all- good luck everyone and fingers crossed for good news. :xf: :)

Wow, sad to hear about the way Round 3 ended. Hopefully the next few days bring positive things for the rest of us.

Applicants: If you can no longer attend the interview, call or email the admissions office beforehand so someone else can have that coveted spot. It is a privilege to be called for interview but unfortunately some people forget that. Besides being basic good manners (a concept obviously lost on some), it is incredibly discourteous to everyone involved in the application process to be absent or late without prior notice. As future health professionals, consider your conduct and how that could reflect on your future practice, and think twice before skipping or showing up late to an interview.

That's all- good luck everyone and fingers crossed for good news. :xf: :)

Couldn't have said it any better.

Good luck everyone! :xf:

I'm not sure if this question was answered before, if so I apologize, but I couldn't find it posted.

For round 3 are only the applicants (like myself) that interviewed post round 2 considered? or are those that were put on continuing review from the previous 2 rounds also considered?

EDIT: Sorry I guess it was asked previously, but the answer was never given, and I can't remember what Dr. Chuck mentioned during my interview.

Sounds like we should hear back soon... Good luck to all who have been waiting as patiently as I have :thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they send the 3rd round out on Mon/Tues as opposed to the end of the week. Been waiting almost a month since my interview, and incredibly anxious to find out!!

Good luck everyone!

"White smoke" seen on Facebook. Should be hearing something today! :xf: :xf: :xf: :xf:

"White smoke" seen on Facebook. Should be hearing something today! :xf: :xf: :xf: :xf:
Haha, I guess that means that out of the 3rd round of acceptances that one of us could potentially be the D1 spiritual leader??

Good luck!

I just got the letter from Dr. Chuck.. I'm in baby :) it took a while but it was worth it.. Wishing everyone else the best of luck

I just got the letter from Dr. Chuck.. I'm in baby :) it took a while but it was worth it.. Wishing everyone else the best of luck

If you receive an offer email, the due date is Tuesday, March 26. We will resend those emails to you just in case. Your mailed letters have the correct due date for securing the seat in the class.

Last edited:
CONGRATSS!!!! I got an email stating my application was placed "under continued review". Does anyone honestly have any idea what this means and my chances of still getting into CASE? I really want to get into Case Western and hope I still have a shot. Also, anyone else also receive the same email?

Thanks

I GOT INNN!!!! My number one choice!!! I've been waiting SO long to hear this news!!!! Can't wait to start my new life in Cleveland! Wooohoooo!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

continuing review as well… still have a shot, but its very slim….

but … CONGRATS everyone else who got in today!

I just called. They told me it is hold 2. Which is the step under attaining an offer

I got CR as well. If you go back and watch the webinar from October, Dr. Chuck explains it as getting enough positive votes from the committee to warrant an offer, but after voting they do a "weird sort" and take so many off the top after sorting.

I'm taking it as good enough to get in but not winning the "sorting lottery" if you will.

Congrats to everyone who got an offer today!

CR as well- not the acceptance I was hoping for, but still glad to be given consideration. Good luck to everyone and keep us posted!

All your statuses were explained to you when I talk to you during interview day and in the October webchat.

Dr Chuck, unfortunately I didn't get to meet you while I interviewed and I can't quite remember all of he descriptions of statuses from the web chat. Where can I find them to learn more about CR? Thanks!

Kimball

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket

Last edited:
CR for me also :(((((( Sincerely hope for better news next month !

Has anyone who was accepted received their packets in the mail yet? Its been over a week since I received my offer of acceptance email but I have yet to receive anything in the mail.. Any ideas Dr. Chuck?

Did anyone else's AADSAS portal status update to read "Received/Under Review"? Mine changed to that from "Invited for interview". I was put on CR on 3/5. Wondering if anyone knows when files will be re-reviewed?

Did anyone else's AADSAS portal status update to read "Received/Under Review"? Mine changed to that from "Invited for interview". I was put on CR on 3/5. Wondering if anyone knows when files will be re-reviewed?

Yeah that's normal. After you've interviewed they switch it back to reviewing status until a definite decision is made. Most or all schools do it, not just Case.

Our last intended interview day is scheduled for this week. The Admissions Committee will meet and deliberate on files. I'm hoping we can get final decisions made next week. As it stands we still have some seats remaining in the class, and we are hoping to get all our seats committed by the end of April.

Individuals on continued review after this round will be given an opportunity to participate in our alternate list. The Admissions Committee will subsequently review applicants who have opted in and then consider all files one more time for an alternate list ranking. If all goes as intended, we will have an alternate list established by the end of the month (of April).

Our last intended interview day is scheduled for this week. The Admissions Committee will meet and deliberate on files. I'm hoping we can get final decisions made next week. As it stands we still have some seats remaining in the class, and we are hoping to get all our seats committed by the end of April.

Individuals on continued review after this round will be given an opportunity to participate in our alternate list. The Admissions Committee will subsequently review applicants who have opted in and then consider all files one more time for an alternate list ranking. If all goes as intended, we will have an alternate list established by the end of the month (of April).
Thanks for the much-anticipated update, Dr. Chuck! Good luck to all those waiting/ on CR! :)

We are also seeing some additional seats open up because of multiple deposits. Not all of our committed students who have multiple deposits have replied, but we have asked that decisions be made soon so that we can appropriately calculate the number of offers we should send out.

Thank you for the update Dr Chuck. Lots of us are eager to fill those spots :)

I am so anxious to know what's the status is like for the round 4 applicants. I interviewed on the first day of this round and it's been over a month since my interview! Thanks for keeping us posted Dr. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.