***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all pre-December interview spots filled up already? or is it too early to say because I applied mid-July so I'm just wondering if I still have a shot or not :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are all pre-December interview spots filled up already? or is it too early to say because I applied mid-July so I'm just wondering if I still have a shot or not :/
I got my interview invite today and there were spots for November!
DAT: 23AA, 25TS, 21PAT,
GPA (overall / science) 3.68 / 3.39
Also, I submitted June 13th but my application was complete August 6th because of my committee letter :(

Wait so all pre December Interviews have already been sent out? That is disheartening to hear.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I responded to the email, I just asked for the earliest date still remaining and was scheduled for 11/30. It's possible that earlier dates were still available and they decided to put me down for 11/30, but I doubt it.

Yes... I am aware, thanks. I'm talking about the dental school interviews.

Anyways, editing to add more info. When I got the email on Friday, they had spots for 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, and every Friday going forward. By the time I responded, it seems that only 11/30 was available, leading me to believe that all pre-December interviews have been sent out at this time.
I got the email around noon on Friday and responded right away because a similar thing happened to me with Nova, I took my time to choose a date and then the earliest ones were filled. Columbia interviews every Friday according to the email so it seems that was the last pre-December.

When I responded to the email, I just asked for the earliest date still remaining and was scheduled for 11/30. It's possible that earlier dates were still available and they decided to put me down for 11/30, but I doubt it.

Yes... I am aware, thanks. I'm talking about the dental school interviews.

Anyways, editing to add more info. When I got the email on Friday, they had spots for 11/9, 11/16, 11/30, and every Friday going forward. By the time I responded, it seems that only 11/30 was available, leading me to believe that all pre-December interviews have been sent out at this time.

I was confused, you wrote “II” which stands for secondary, and Columbia dental doesn’t have a secondary, only med does. There is no abbreviation that stands for interview with “II” as far as I’m aware. You also posted previous posts on MD/DO threads before when I looked at your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any NY natives that can tell me if it will be snowing in November? I am stressing over which shoes to get if it does :unsure: Also, is a grey overcoat ok for an interview or should I get a black wool coat... I am from Florida so I don't know anything about winter attire :D

What are the best places to see in New York aside from the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty?

Just got an interview!

25 AA, 3.98 GPA, Computer Science Major for those interested. Not a lot of upper level science classes outside of my major, so pleasantly surprised for sure, as they said on AADSAS that upper level science courses are strongly recommended.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview! Goodluck to everyone! I’ll keep you all in my prayers

Just got my invite this morning!
CA resident
cumulative GPA: 3.67
bio/bc/chem/physics GPA : 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/21/none
supplemental fee submitted July 18th

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any NY natives that can tell me if it will be snowing in November? I am stressing over which shoes to get if it does :unsure: Also, is a grey overcoat ok for an interview or should I get a black wool coat... I am from Florida so I don't know anything about winter attire :D
Not a NY native but lived there for a few years. It's possible that it'll be snowing in Nov, but maybe not. Regardless, I plan on wearing regular flats for the actual interview, since all buildings have heaters and it's warm inside. I don't think we'll be walking a lot outside. Regarding the coat, not sure honestly. That's a good question.

Not a NY native but lived there for a few years. It's possible that it'll be snowing in Nov, but maybe not. Regardless, I plan on wearing regular flats for the actual interview, since all buildings have heaters and it's warm inside. I don't think we'll be walking a lot outside. Regarding the coat, not sure honestly. That's a good question.

Thank you for your insight! I wasn’t sure weather flats would be too informal

Thank you for your insight! I wasn’t sure weather flats would be too informal

I have worn flats to all of my interviews and it's totally fine. Many females wear them because they're more comfortable.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, a friend of mine just got invited to interview and told me she was offered 1/18 and 1/25 so pre-Dec. interviews may already be scheduled by now. Just a heads up.

Hi everyone! Just received an interview invite tonight from Columbia around 10:30 pm EST. The earliest date given to me was 1/18, so I can confirm that it seems that pre-December dates seem to be already full.

AADSAS submitted July 29th
Application received email sent August 2nd
Supplemental fee submitted on July 30th
DAT (PAT/QR/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS/AA) = 23/19/25/20/20/21/20/21
NC Resident
Undergrad GPA = 3.3
Master's GPA = 3.778
*Over 1000 hours dental experience (employment mostly, and some shadowing)

Last edited:
Until which month does Columbia typically interview into? And at which month is their class pretty much filled?

Super crazy they started sending out interview invites so late, but already gave out all the pre-December ones...

I think they're already booked for February, at this point I wouldn't count on this school unless you absolutely 100% wish to commit here as your first choice.

Jeez, it's disheartening that we can pretty much already cross a school off our list this early in the cycle :(

Big Young Sushi is right! I might have to cancel my interview offer

I didn’t mean it in that way! There are going to be people who decline their offer if they interviewed pre-December and many who has post-December interviews will cancel theirs if they feel that they had gotten in somewhere else they wish to attend more than Columbia. Sounds like Columbia is your dream school so don’t give up, you just won’t be able to hear from them until December tbh.

I thought I had a chance at getting an interview here but so far no luck, guess my DAT scores are too low for their standards.

You're joking about the DAT thing, right? I just don't like how they are ghosting us

Last edited:
You're joking about the DAT thing, right? I just don't like how they are ghosting us. I'd much rather just get a rejection letter instead of this long af wait.
Be careful what you wish for lol.

I didn’t mean it in that way! There are going to be people who decline their offer if they interviewed pre-December and many who has post-December interviews will cancel theirs if they feel that they had gotten in somewhere else they wish to attend more than Columbia. Sounds like Columbia is your dream school so don’t give up, you just won’t be able to hear from them until December tbh.

I thought I had a chance at getting an interview here but so far no luck, guess my DAT scores are too low for their standards.

What's your DAT?

edit: lol just saw your signature. guess im out of luck with my 21.

I don't think your DAT is an issue in the slightest, considering their average accepted for the last cycle was a 23.3.

What's your DAT?

edit: lol just saw your signature. guess im out of luck with my 21.
I got an invite with the same score, so anything is possible. Don't lose hope

Got an interview invite for February 1st last week. I’m Canadian so I assumed that’s why they only offered me such late dates. If anyone is going then let me know :)

Ooooh I see!! True true. Thanks for the encouraging words :) And omg - so glad to read you were kidding later on in the thread. Your DAT score is more than good enough. On the other hand, I feel like chances are super slim for those below average :shrug:

Big Young Sushi is right! I might have to cancel my interview offer

Aw, already get an interview to your top choice? Or..?

Ooooh I see!! True true. Thanks for the encouraging words :) And omg - so glad to read you were kidding later on in the thread. Your DAT score is more than good enough. On the other hand, I feel like chances are super slim for those below average :shrug:

Aw, already get an interview to your top choice? Or..?

Columbia interview is January 18th so I hopefully will have an offer by then. I have interviews at all my top 5 though so I feel pretty good

Snagged an interview on 10/5 :) Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
Just received an email saying I was invited to interview either 2/15 or 2/22!
-CA resident!
-Submitted AADSAS app: 8/28
-App complete 9/5
-Interview invite: 9/28
-Cumulative GPA: 3.6
-Sci GPA: 3.48
-DAT: 24 AA 26 TS 24 PAT
Lmk if you have questions :) I was surprised to get an invite this early since I applied last month, but I’m very excited!

Just received an email saying I was invited to interview either 2/15 or 2/22!
-CA resident!
-Submitted AADSAS app: 8/28
-App complete 9/5
-Interview invite: 9/28
-Cumulative GPA: 3.6
-Sci GPA: 3.48
-DAT: 24 AA 26 TS 24 PAT
Lmk if you have questions :) I was surprised to get an invite this early since I applied last month, but I’m very excited!

How much research did you have?

How much research did you have?

-No research!
-But I was awarded 2 full-ride scholarships in undergrad, and I am a disadvantaged student (minority + from very low socioeconomic background)
-300+ hours of shadowing
-work full time at a general dentist’s office in San Francisco

-No research!
-But I was awarded 2 full-ride scholarships in undergrad, and I am a disadvantaged student (minority + from very low socioeconomic background)
-300+ hours of shadowing
-work full time at a general dentist’s office in San Francisco

Similar background here. Am I sensing a pattern in Columbia's interview invites? [thinking emoji]

I know the questions wasn't directed at me, but I put down zero research and got an invite. I'm guessing it's not a huge requirement for Columbia.

Similar background here. Am I sensing a pattern in Columbia's interview invites? [thinking emoji]

Yeah maybe lol, I was wondering cause it seems like they're pretty much done giving interview invites and I haven't got one yet :( My academics I think are decent but everything else is not great, I would think that they value research though because they're a didactic/research focused school

Yeah maybe lol, I was wondering cause it seems like they're pretty much done giving interview invites and I haven't got one yet :( My academics I think are decent but everything else is not great, I would think that they value research though because they're a didactic/research focused school
I haven't received an interview yet too...I blame myself for applying late(mid-August).
I have a cum laude GPA, okay DAT score, four years of research experience with two publications, 200+ hours in dental assisting, demonstrated manual dexterity skills in various ways, and have a very diverse background.
If Columbia doesn't see your uniqueness and hard work other schools will for sure. Also, have the belief that you can be a successful future dentist no matter where you go :)

I haven't received an interview yet too...I blame myself for applying late(mid-August).
I have a cum laude GPA, okay DAT score, four years of research experience with two publications, 200+ hours in dental assisting, demonstrated manual dexterity skills in various ways, and have a very diverse background.
If Columbia doesn't see your uniqueness and hard work other schools will for sure. Also, have the belief that you can be a successful future dentist no matter where you go :)

Thanks for this advice man, really needed it.

Yeah your resume is really good, you probably had a good chance of interviews if you applied in June but I'm sure you will get some, did you apply broadly?

I'm sure they still have more invites to send out, I really doubt they have all their seats filled out already. Just keep on refreshing that email lol

Thanks for this advice man, really needed it.

Yeah your resume is really good, you probably had a good chance of interviews if you applied in June but I'm sure you will get some, did you apply broadly?
I applied to nine schools and I have two interviews so far.
Honestly, I will be more than happy even if I only get into my number nine.

Hey guys! How long after you submitted the supplemental fee online did you get the received application/app complete email?

Hey guys!! I'm also a D1 at Columbia right now. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability :)
Hi! I have an interview in Feb and was wondering if there were any opportunities for pre dental students to shadow or volunteer in the clinic or get involved in some way. I live in NYC so its somewhat easy for me to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.