***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been formally denied by Columbia yet? My applicant status on AADSAS has remained stagnant throughout the cycle. If not, does anyone know if Columbia is finished interviewing?
March 1st is our last interview day this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed last week, and I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to when we will find out? I'm already refreshing my email every 10 mins :)
I found out exactly 3 weeks after my interview date

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
awesome! Congrats! Do you remember if your status changed on ADEA AADSAS?
I can't remember if it changed that same day, but right now it says "Offer Accepted" since they received my deposit.

Reactions: 1 user
I can confirm!
Since its only about a week left to the last interview date, I assume all the interview invitations are sent so can we say that I'm not selected by Columbia if I didn't hear anything at this point? Thanks

Since its only about a week left to the last interview date, I assume all the interview invitations are sent so can we say that I'm not selected by Columbia if I didn't hear anything at this point? Thanks
It's still possible to get an interview. There were spots opened up for 1/18/19 and my interview was 1/25/19. They emailed me saying opened up spots for the 1/18/19 interview date on 1/16/19 but I said no due my already buying of the plane ticket. You never know who might give up their interview spot.

So weird thing here.
I was initially supposed to interview on feb 22, but they had an earlier spot on oct 26th or 29th (one of the two, i forgot) of 2018. I took it.
Is there some policy that says that I wont hear back until my actual interview date or something? I havent heard, and cdm is my top choice. My stats and info are: 23AA, 23 overall, 22PAT, M.S, 3.6 sci gpa 3.6 overall, plenty of shadowing, volunteering, clinical, great interview - his kids went to the same highschool as me lol. thoughts?

@jbond271 I interviewed in Feb and haven't heard from them yet. I think they will probably let us know comes Marth the 5th because some students will drop their places in favor of other schools. But I don't know if such a policy exists.

Just got the offer!!! I can’t wait to meet you guys in the fall!

I interviewed feb 15!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So weird thing here.
I was initially supposed to interview on feb 22, but they had an earlier spot on oct 26th or 29th (one of the two, i forgot) of 2018. I took it.
Is there some policy that says that I wont hear back until my actual interview date or something? I havent heard, and cdm is my top choice. My stats and info are: 23AA, 23 overall, 22PAT, M.S, 3.6 sci gpa 3.6 overall, plenty of shadowing, volunteering, clinical, great interview - his kids went to the same highschool as me lol. thoughts?
May I ask when you applied? I never heard back. many thanks!

Hey! for any current students, when do you start preclinic?/ do you feel like you get enough clinical work here? Im trying to decide between here and tufts and this is the only point I'm struggling on with columbia

I’m still looking to hear back from Columbia. Interviewed 1/25 and still haven’t heard back.

Has anyone received an invitation to the alternative list yet? According to last year's thread, the class was filled right around this time.

Has anyone contacted Columbia for updates in their application regarding the waitlist or possible acceptance? I haven't heard any movement in the acceptances for the class since last month.

Has anyone contacted Columbia for updates in their application regarding the waitlist or possible acceptance? I haven't heard any movement in the acceptances for the class since last month.

I called last week, and there were 75 students committed so far. So there are potentially 5 seats still open.

I called last week, and there were 75 students committed so far. So there are potentially 5 seats still open.

Wow they really filled up this cycle. I guess I won't be getting in this cycle :( . I assume there's not going to be a waitlist for this cycle either...

I highly doubt they would tell you over the phone how many slots they have filled.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed end of October and haven't heard a peep....

I was waitlisted today. Still waiting for the acceptance. Fingers crossed

Also got the alternate list e-mail!

just a curious question, but does anyone know how this unranked waitlist works?

they said in the e-mail that the selection process is not ranked, allowing a fair opportunity for each candidate, but then how do they pick the next readily available student to matriculate?

I have a similar question. Since the deadline for holding down only a single deposit (March 5th) has passed, isn't it safe to assume that the current class consists of committed students (single deposits only at Columbia)? Therefore, the chances of getting accepted at this point is near zero?

Probably. Hope you guys are already admitted elsewhere bc the odds of coming off are not lookin great

It's most likely ranked. There is no way there is a fair chance for anyone... I'm pretty sure they numbered us based on our stats and interview performance, etc. I also think the class is full right now but there is a chance that someone may drop or choose another school. They could still possibly be waitlisted at their top choice and drop Columbia from now until matriculation so spots would possibly be open.

Their second deposit deadline was April 1st.

I don't know if this is helpful but I was holding two deposits for Columbia and my state school, and they didn't send me an email about it until the third week of March. I was just waiting to hear back from financial aid because cost was a big factor in my decision, but in the email I received about holding two deposits, they gave me until April 1st (or second deposit due date). I declined my position at Columbia last week, so hopefully there will be some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted 1:46 p.m today. Interviewed 1/8.
GPA: 3.75
AA: 25

Soo where can you find some really good or cheap food around? 100% foodie, just trying to see where others reccomend

another pressing question... What color scrubs are D23's? :)

Hello All- Throwaway act here.
Accepted Columbia!
I live in NY, but will be traveling to Colorado for a full 4 weeks before school starts. Does CUDM drug test for marijuana prior to entrance, or at all? Clarity on this will really affect my vacation. It is legal in CO, how does this change the situation?
Thanks

Has anyone received on-campus housing yet? From what I have been told, it is scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.