***The Official Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckwith Wiedemann

OMS Resident
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was searching through SDN but have not seen one made up yet for Columbia...thought I'd start one. Best of luck to everyone applying!!!

@artist2022 feel free to add this to the list of official :)

Link to interview prep: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone including me! Hehe :luck:

Did anyone receive an "application complete" email? Or was the received email the only one they sent?

Last year they started Aug 7th, so I would say anytime now.

Did anyone receive an application complete email atleast?

Did anyone receive an application complete email atleast?
All I've gotten was a supplemental fee received email over a month ago. Not sure if I should contact them about the status of my application

I got this email twice.

This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly. We will notify you separately if anything is missing from your application.

Please do not respond to this email nor contact us for further information. This is the most updated status we have for you at this time.

Thanks and we will be in touch.

College of Dental Medicine
Admissions Office

open
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I got the same email and I called them today to which they said that you're application is probably complete. The committee is still reviewing everything. If they would've needed anything, an email would've been sent. So I guess they are reviewing?

All I've gotten was a supplemental fee received email over a month ago. Not sure if I should contact them about the status of my application
Yeah I didn't get any email after paying the supplemental.

I got this email twice.

This email is to notify you that we have received your application from AADSAS. Please note that we will begin reviewing your submission shortly. We will notify you separately if anything is missing from your application.

Please do not respond to this email nor contact us for further information. This is the most updated status we have for you at this time.

Thanks and we will be in touch.

Admissions Office

open

I also got this email twice

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to successfully contact columbia admissions? I emailed and called and nothing... and ive heard nothing.

Has anyone even gotten an interview with them so far this year? It seems like they are late.

Has anyone even gotten an interview with them so far this year? It seems like they are late.
They're definitely late compared to last year, I spoke with couple D1's currently at Columbia. Projecting early September they say.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't even bother, you're either going to get an interview or never hear from them even after you matriculate, that's Columbia.

Seriously? They don't send a rejection email or anything?

When I called them, they told me that the admissions committee has just started reviewing applications.

Hey guys!! I'm also a D1 at Columbia right now. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability :)

Hey guys!! I'm also a D1 at Columbia right now. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability :)
Hi. Do you know by any chance when will they start sending out invitations?

Hi. Do you know by any chance when will they start sending out invitations?
Not really sure tbh, sorry :(. I interviewed the first day last year (9/8 I believe) and received my invitation to interview in early August last year. My best guess is that they should start sending them out in the next 1-2 weeks but I could be wrong.

Don't even bother, you're either going to get an interview or never hear from them even after you matriculate, that's Columbia.

Lol I am so confused by this... but anyways, is your application on AADSAS “received/under review”?

Just got the invite on 8/28. Anyone else get it?

I got one today as well. :soexcited:

I got one too! Interview #7, oGPA: 3.68 DAT 21 AA

Where is everyone from and when did you submit?? I haven't gotten one and I submitted 7/19 :(

Me too.. my application is complete on july 20th and i have not received anything yet
Did you even get an application complete? I only got 2 emails from them haha 7/19 was the last one and is was the one about supplemental fees.

Did you even get an application complete? I only got 2 emails from them haha 7/19 was the last one and is was the one about supplemental fees.
Yes, I got 2 emails in total from Columbia. the last email on July 20th was that Columbia received my supplemental fee. No other email after that.

When did you complete your application? Or when did you submit your application fee?
Completed 6/20/18 and submitted fee on 7/10.

Is there anyone who has received an acceptance with a 21 AA ?? looool

Completed 6/20/18 and submitted fee on 7/10.

Is there anyone who has received an acceptance with a 21 AA ?? looool
Yeah someone from 2022 thread who matriculated (not sure which year) had a 21 AA so you're definitely competitive, remember only avg AA is 23!!

This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

Thank you for your payment.

Admissions Office

I got this email on July 17th and this was the very last communication with them.

Did you guys get any application complete email??

Got my interview invite today!

I didn't get this email, should I be concerned? I only got an "Order Confirmation" receipt email from Columbia. Think I'm gonna call the school tomorrow to check.

I got an order confirmation email on July 6th and six days later received a "received application" email.
They sent me another email saying my supplement fee is missing then a day after, got another email saying they received my fee.

I have no idea how their system works but everything is so random..

This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

Thank you for your payment.

Admissions Office

I got this email on July 17th and this was the very last communication with them.

Did you guys get any application complete email??
I got this email and one saying they received my AADSAS application

I didn't get this email, should I be concerned? I only got an "Order Confirmation" receipt email from Columbia. Think I'm gonna call the school tomorrow to check.
same here. Then i received another email saying my supp fee is missing and when I reach out I have only been ignored. I am getting frustrated with this school.

Hey guys, definitely don't worry if you didn't get an interview. This is just the first batch. Columbia extended interviews all the way until January last year so it's still pretty early. Admissions is super busy rn so they don't communicate too quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite last night. Prior to the e-mail, I had only received e-mails confirming my fee was paid and that my AADSAS was received. In my AADSAS portal, the status was received/under review until last night when it changed.

If anyone else is interviewing on 10/26, let me know!

Hey guys, I'm going to be meeting w/ interviewees on sept. 21st while you guys tour pre-clinic. Let me know if you're interviewing that day.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.