the OFFICIAL countdown to feb 28 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funky

This space is for sale
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today about voiding my score because of my verbal reasoning.
What it also said is "You may expect your scores on or about February 28".

22 days to go until the big day!

good luck everyone :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

The next page will show your scores. There is a table that gives your subscores and total. There is also a link where you can switch to percentiles.

Good luck.

The next page will show your scores. There is a table that gives your subscores and total. There is also a link where you can switch to percentiles.

Good luck.

hey wisguy! its shows ur location as Hungary. Are you from hungary or you are in hungary now. I mean why does a Hungarian needs this pain of MCAT. Are you planning to apply to US med schools from there.

I'm just living over here this year doing some biophysics research at a med school. I took the MCAT once, but got rocked by physical, so I had to retake in Berlin - a pain and a half, let me tell you. Hopefully this will be the first and last time for you!:luck: (and the second and last time for me:luck: :luck: :luck: )

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully this will be the first and last time for you!:luck: (and the second and last time for me:luck: :luck: :luck: )

Amen brother! Amen! May your words come true. may god have mercy on all of us.:luck: :luck: :luck: and may we all finally sleep in peace tonight after seeing our scores.:) Because from the last 3 nights i havent even slept for a min. Iam dying in tension.

If the scores come out at 10 pm EST, that's 4 am for me. I just moved, and i don't have internet in my new flat, so I have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to find out:( Unfortunately, tonight for me probably holds the same anxiety that last night brought you.

If the scores come out at 10 pm EST, that's 4 am for me. I just moved, and i don't have internet in my new flat, so I have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to find out:( Unfortunately, tonight for me probably holds the same anxiety that last night brought you.

Damn! thats bad. perhaps you should give your user id & password to your parents or GF, and they can check the scores as soon as they are released and call you at your new flat with good news.:)

I'm checking from Australia... I took back in the US a week before heading out here for a semester abroad!

Will be my afternoon activity of tomorrow... thinking of doing it at the university bar... i think they have wireless...

I guess it was an evil rumor that the Jan 27 scores were coming out today. Has anyone heard anymore about this?

so nervous...so nervous. I had a nightmare lastnight that I checked my scores and they were less than expected....tragic foreshadowing....perhaps I'm jinxing myself. I woke up with a stomache cramp....why oh why won't this agony end.....:scared:

I, too, dreamt about my mcat score last night. Apparently, i got a 41W hahaha. I tried so hard to explain in my dream why a W was valid including reading an explanation stating "your writing sample has exceeded the requirements of our test, hence the W". It was a good dream...unfortunately I woke up and the scores were not up yet.

I, too, dreamt about my mcat score last night. Apparently, i got a 41W hahaha. I tried so hard to explain in my dream why a W was valid including reading an explanation stating "your writing sample has exceeded the requirements of our test, hence the W". It was a good dream...unfortunately I woke up and the scores were not up yet.
why can't i get dreams of my mcat score. I always dream about either video games or something like that

Your dream intrigues me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it was an evil rumor that the Jan 27 scores were coming out today. Has anyone heard anymore about this?
It may still come out today. In the two recent score releases I remember, it came out the night before the announced date. And my friends told me this has been the case in the years before as well.
I'm almost sure it's going to be tonight.

Do they factor in the scores of those who voided the test? That seems like the only fair way to get a nice distribution, because those that did poorly are likely to void their scores (especially if they had a messed up test). My blind hope maybe getting in the way of reasoning here though.

No..I'm sure they won't factor in the voiders. But it might balance out, as probably some people who would have done fine voided just because they freaked out a bit.

OK, so I've been kinda nervous the last few days waiting for my score to come out, but not NEARLY as nervous as most of you guys seem...and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe I'm just too distracted by work, or the fact that I'm having SERIOUS trouble getting started on some of the writing I need to do for my committee letter interview. I'm having serious trouble with the questions, "What was your most important academic experience," and "What was your most significant medical experience?" That, and I can't even get started on a rought draft of my personal statement! Maybe that's why I'm not stressing about my MCAT scores...if I don't get that stuff done it doesn't matter how well I do!

But for the rest of you who are loosing sleep and getting ulcers...I recommend more sex! :cool:

Nate.

These forums make me more nervous every time i read them... whhhy do i keep reading?:(

Arrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!! I was getting impatient so I called and the scores will not be released until Thursday. If anyone wants to call to verify this please do... what else will they do to torture us???:mad:

I just wrote this in the thread below, but the woman I just talked to at MCAT said she just heard the scores for Jan27 will not be realeased until Thurday.
^*%$^%(*_:mad:

I just called and was told that they keep switching it, but the most recent report is that they're still on for Wednesday...but the operator I spoke to told me to realistically expect them to be up between Wednesday and Thursday

Arrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!! I was getting impatient so I called and the scores will not be released until Thursday. If anyone wants to call to verify this please do... what else will they do to torture us???:mad:

I called and they said the 28th, possibly tonight being westcoast 9pm = 12am east coast.

I just wrote this in the thread below, but the woman I just talked to at MCAT said she just heard the scores for Jan27 will not be realeased until Thurday.
^*%$^%(*_:mad:

I spoke to a guy who said officially the 28th, but for me to start checking tonight. :) :) :)

I wonder why they keep flip flopping between wednesday and thursday. I can just imagine a few exam markers in a room somewhere rushing to finish marking before the deadline, haha. Isn't everything electronic? Plus, with only 2000 or so people who had written the test, grading the writing sample couldn't be that hard.

I called and they told me it was still on for the 28th, but then again I don't trust the AAMC. Frankly at this point pushing the scores back any further is just adding insult to injury. Are these people human? I'm beginning to wonder...:confused:

I wonder if this has anything to do with figuring out how to deal with the messed up passage, or just general incompetence.

:luck: :luck: :luck: to us all!

I keep checking! All of this waiting and wondering is going to give me an ulcer, if I don't have one already. :D

When I'm NOT on SDN, I'm okay. But nooooo I have to log in every 20 minutes or so just to check and read the various update threads. /sigh :)

We can do it, just a little longer!

eeek! although I loathe the wait, to be frank I dread when I finally reload Thx to see my scores...I don't think my gentle little heart can handle it...

On a positive note, I'd like to thank y'all for the support, especially for not posting any fake or misleading info that the scores might already be up. In this already cruel process, I think such a prank would the cruelest......:thumbup:

Good luck guys! In August they told us scores would be out on Friday, October 13th and then ended up coming out at around 10pm EST on Thursday the 12th. So maybe you guys will get them tonight. Either way, best of luck and get those party hats/best friends with moral support ready! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I think they HAVE already scored the tests. The problem most likely lies in the verbal section. They either made it too good in order to compensate, or are afraid the scores are too low and are deciding rather to change the # right vs. scaled number in order to make it seem more fair. Until they decide how to handle it, I guess they will not load the scores. It's already past 5pm back east, so I doubt any changes will be made today. I just hope it loads tonight instead of them pondering what to do again tomorrow.

Eh, who knows what's happening besides AAMC? There are a million reasons why it could be postponed a few days. Let's just hope things are running smoothly in their little world and we get word tonight.

If not, it won't kill us. Wait, does that mean it would make us stronger? Is AAMC trying to make us better people? :laugh: Yeah, I'm tired. :D

I think they HAVE already scored the tests. The problem most likely lies in the verbal section. They either made it too good in order to compensate, or are afraid the scores are too low and are deciding rather to change the # right vs. scaled number in order to make it seem more fair. Until they decide how to handle it, I guess they will not load the scores. It's already past 5pm back east, so I doubt any changes will be made today. I just hope it loads tonight instead of them pondering what to do again tomorrow.

I had the same thoughts on my mind. I too believe the aamc might be debating whether the verbal curve should shifted to the left or right. The fact that they have this doubt at the 11th hour makes me kinda nervous. The fact that they are at fault for the verbal screw-up makes me ponder whether they would curve verbal more generously...but then again, I have this uneasy inkling that they want to curve it hard so they can send a strong message to future examinees....signs that I'm tired and stressed out: hashing out aamc conspiracies! :laugh:

Eh, who knows what's happening besides AAMC? There are a million reasons why it could be postponed a few days. Let's just hope things are running smoothly in their little world and we get word tonight.

If not, it won't kill us. Wait, does that mean it would make us stronger? Is AAMC trying to make us better people? :laugh: Yeah, I'm tired. :D

LOL, that's exactly the aamc's goal. In their subtle way, they are trying to make us stronger people, haha.

Right now it says "The August 2006 scores have been loaded. If you took the exam and do not see your scores below, please contact us using the "Report a problem" link below."
Unfortunately, that means scores probably won't be up tonight :( Usually they give a few hours warning...
If you check last April's countdown, the messages of "scores will be released by 10:00PM" were shown at about 6:15PM EST the night before the official date. So there's still hope.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=276113&page=101

i bet they're reading SDN laughing at us!

:mad: This has been the WORST few days!!! I have had sooo much anxiety...this score determines the rest of my life!!! Good score=allo/osteo school, Average score=podiatry school, *%#$@ score=second bachelors degree (BSN)...I want to care for patients and the job security that healthcare brings, so I guess it doesn't matter either way...:confused:

I truely feel your guys pain, but just wanted to remind you that as horrible as waiting for your MCAT scores may be. Waiting for your first acceptance is far worse (or at least it was for me)

Then imagine counting down till march 15th for the match! Theres gonna be alot of waiting in the next few years so we should all try to get used to it.

Good luck everyone!