the OFFICIAL countdown to feb 28 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Funky

This space is for sale
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today about voiding my score because of my verbal reasoning.
What it also said is "You may expect your scores on or about February 28".

22 days to go until the big day!

good luck everyone :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

from an avid former backstreet boys fan:
quit playing games with my heart (and my freaking time and mind while you're at it)

I'm not quite sure where AAMC can go wrong with this. It's pretty insane.

How will I sleep tonight???? This is really killing me. Best of luck to all of you! The torture continues!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't understand how scoring a computerized exam is HARDER than scoring a paper exam...

i seriously can't sleep....

You know, for the April '06 MCAT release, someone rigged their computer to automatically refresh the score page and to blast an alarm (that could be heard far and wide) the moment the content changed....

AAMC must still be using 56k or something.

I seriously feel some kind of ulcer coming.

This is nuts...12:05am on January 28 and no scores up yet! Wooo DEEEP breaths are necessary then maybe some Nyquil to sleep ;-)

Good luck everyone!

As long as it comes up before 5pm the 28th i'll be alright. If its later than that, I think the AAMC is really ignoring its responsibilities

Members don't see this ad :)
they didn't even put a time up!! how are we supposed to even KNOW when it will come out?!? this is so stupid!!!!

I seriously don't think someone's at the AAMC office uploading our scores this late. I was thinking that it was on automatic timer of some sort which will release it at 12am......guess not :mad:

alrighty enough of this.....gonna try to get some :sleep:

so what to do now?! :( don't they know this is stressful enough?! why....why oh why.....:confused:

I have never been one to defend the aamc, but they did have a disclaimer to say that they reserve the right to change the score release date at their discretion. But having said that though, let's see those scores and end our miseries already....:scared:

I seriously don't think someone's at the AAMC office uploading our scores this late. I was thinking that it was on automatic timer of some sort which will release it at 12am......guess not :mad:

I'm with you. If they automated it, 12am would be the logical time. Since that didn't happen I don't expect anything until after the webguy comes into work tomorrow. I hope he's an early riser. +pissed+

i hope they didnt forget to go back an hour for daylight savings back in october :confused:

hey guys im here in Miami and i just checked (12:12 am) and so far nothing. i'll keep checking and will let you guys know

I'm with you. If they automated it, 12am would be the logical time. Since that didn't happen I don't expect anything until after the webguy comes into work tomorrow. I hope he's an early riser. +pissed+

yup...and webguy will be taking his/her sweet a$$ time just to piss everyone off :cool:

That would REALLY suck, but more computers already make the switch so that hopefully wouldn't have been the issue.
yea i know mushy. I was just kidding.
I shouldnt' be joking around though, ugh the butterflies in my stomach is messing with my humor. They must have fluttered up to my brain

So, I logged on to AMCAS to see if it was there lol. And I got this interesting message:

"The AMCAS application will be unavailable on Wednesday, February 28th from 5:00 to 7:00 AM EST."

Maybe that is when the scores are being uploaded to AMCAS and therefore to the MCAT THx as well???? Could be a clue. Looking more and more like we should get to sleep, although now im tempted to wake up at 5AM.

yup...and webguy will be taking his/her sweet a$$ time just to piss everyone off :cool:

Dude, there was a line at Starbucks and then they forgot to leave room on my double shot half-calf espresso machiato with room. So I had to wait until they made another one because you can't just pour the top off. Then because they felt bad about the mistake they made it a triple shot on the house. Of course, that gave me the jitters and I can't drive when I'm trippin on a caffine high. So I decided to wait it out. When I got here, Jimmy parked in my spot again so I had to wait until security came and moved his car. He knows that's my spot, I don't know why he keeps parking there. Anyway, sorry I'm late but it really wasn't my fault. What? The scores aren't out. Woah. Tell the geek patrol to chill out. I haven't even checked my email yet. Seriously.

Dude, there was a line at Starbucks and then they forgot to leave room on my double shot half-calf espresso machiato with room. So I had to wait until they made another one because you can't just pour the top off. Then because they felt bad about the mistake they made it a triple shot on the house. Of course, that gave me the jitters and I can't drive when I'm trippin on a caffine high. So I decided to wait it out. When I got here, Jimmy parked in my spot again so I had to wait until security came and moved his car. He knows that's my spot, I don't know why he keeps parking there. Anyway, sorry I'm late but it really wasn't my fault. What? The scores aren't out. Woah. Tell the geek patrol to chill out. I haven't even checked my email yet. Seriously.

:smuggrin:

+pissed+

So, I logged on to AMCAS to see if it was there lol. And I got this interesting message:

"The AMCAS application will be unavailable on Wednesday, February 28th from 5:00 to 7:00 AM EST."

Maybe that is when the scores are being uploaded to AMCAS and therefore to the MCAT THx as well???? Could be a clue. Looking more and more like we should get to sleep, although now im tempted to wake up at 5AM.

we're really starting to stretch here arn't we. i agree that it could be a clue though.

they should just tell us when so we can all stop worrying about it.

Well, I finished my beer so I'm heading upstairs to bed. (I know you really wanted to know exactly what I was doing). Good luck everyone. If you hear anything page me.

Okay, just kidding. Don't wake me up. I'm not a morning person and it wouldn't be pretty.

Last edited:
This is the typical sort inefficiency you would find in any monopoly; "big boy" has gotten way too fat and lazy to give a rat's a$$ about whether or not he/she delivers as promised (hence the disclaimer as to when the exact time/day scores will be released). I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 28th somehow gets pushed back to 3/2. Afterall, it's so easy for them to acknowledge their prior statement saying scores wouldn't be available until after 60 days you took the test.

]This is the typical sort inefficiency you would find in any monopoly; "big boy" has gotten way too fat and lazy to give a rat's a$$ about whether or not he/she delivers as promised (hence the disclaimer as to when the exact time/day scores will be released)[/B]. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 28th somehow gets pushed back to 3/2. Afterall, it's so easy for them to acknowledge their prior statement saying scores wouldn't be available until after 60 days you took the test.

co-sign

I took a nap to ease some anxiety away (well, honestly, biochem reading put me to sleep quick :rolleyes: ) and woke up just now with the feeling that surely the scores must be up.

:mad:

Maybe they're waiting for 12am to hit the Pacific coast...possible. Either that or they're waiting for it to hit Hawaii. ;)

I would expect that the scores release won't be until the morning time. Though possible, I'm somewhat doubtful that anybody is working right now in order to release the scores. Check back during normal business hours, and stop stressing yourselves out! :)

Hey, guys. For those who are not sleeping this night: I don't know if this is going to be of any use to anyone, but I set my browser to refresh the mcat scores page every 10 seconds. The software I use is Auto URL Refresher 2.0 from downloads.com. It's free.
If you are using Firefox Mozilla, you can also use your JavaScript Console.
form.submit() over 60 seconds

WebMonit 1.4 is free to try and it monitors any changes on the web page content. HEre you can play a notification sound when content changes.

Good luck to everyone!

If you are using Firefox Mozilla, you can also use your JavaScript Console.
form.submit() over 60 seconds

Another option, if one uses Firefox (and has no clue about JavaScript like me!), is the ReloadEvery extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/115/). Just need to right-click on the page of interest and then choose the refresh rate.

Personally, I am also guessing things won't change until morning, so biochem studying here I come! :sleep: