****The Official Dental c/o 2024 Waitlist Support Group****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afr786

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would start a new thread for dental school applicants who have been waitlisted for the 2019-2020 application cycle. I saw some waitlist groups for earlier years, and I thought it might be helpful to have some mutual support and for an idea of where we all stand:). If you have no acceptances right now or are waitlisted for your dream school, please feel free to comment & share advice.

I have been waitlisted at 5 schools since Dec. 2!

***edit: I got off of a waitlist at one of my dream schools on Jan. 27!!***

Here's hoping to a lot of movement this year, and good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Currently waitlisted at 3 schools!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted at two schools, waiting to hear back from two others, and an interview in two weeks.

do you think the chances are high bc u interviewed so early? and how often do you reach out to them
They’re better chances of acceptance for pre-December interviews of course, but how good of a chance, that can’t be determined.

They’re better chances of acceptance for pre-December interviews of course, but how good of a chance, that can’t be determined.
I interviewed last week and found out about my waitlist a couple of days later. i expressed interest on a multiple of occasions as well as had a fantastic interview! Everything went well until I got the email.

My grades are a bit on the low side but they are still far in the range of accepted students. The director of admissions said that i should not worry and just relax and wait. but i am not sure how promising this is.

I am currently waitlisted at my top choice and only interview thus far! Interviewed on 10/31. Staying hopeful though! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently waitlisted at my top choice and only interview thus far! Interviewed on 10/31. Staying hopeful though! :)
I really hope you get into your top choice! If you don't mind, which school?

February through April is when we should hear back. After that, it's slim picking.

are you guys doing anything like updating and sending LOI?

how much should we contact schools? I was thinking 2-3x a month is fine?

I just updated them and sent emails with updates. I didn’t send a LOI.

How do you February through April is when we will hear back :oops:
Because a lot of schools offer 2nd round acceptances in January which usually have expiration dates in February.

Early March is when applicants get a deadline for dropping all schools except 1 that they've put a deposit in. Hence, a lot more acceptances will go out after this deadline due to people holding multiple seats being forced to pick just 1.

Some schools want you to contact them more often but others don't want you to bother them at all. It all depends. On average, I would say once/month is more than enough.

I just updated them and sent emails with updates. I didn’t send a LOI.
how often? I got waitlisted January 15 and since then I have called 1x and sent a letter of intent 1x. i plan on doing so again next week. i just dont want to be annoying

how often? I got waitlisted January 15 and since then I have called 1x and sent a letter of intent 1x. i plan on doing so again next week. i just dont want to be annoying
There’s no point of sending multiple letters of intent. At that point, you’re just bugging them. They get the point from the 1st time. I only updated them once something significant comes up that’s worth sharing. I sent two email updates this far to the schools since being waitlisted Dec 2nd.

I just got off the waitlist at Rutgers!! I hope this gives you all some hope

I’m waitlisted at two public OOS schools. Does the waiting list move faster if you’re in state, out of state, or does not matter/depend on school?

I’m waitlisted at two public OOS schools. Does the waiting list move faster if you’re in state, out of state, or does not matter/depend on school?

Most likely move faster with a bigger class size and tuition. There are exceptions though. Some schools have a long waitlist while others don't.

good question does anyone know the answer to this?

good question does anyone know the answer to this?

I think they move faster for OOS because it’s more likely people will keep their cheaper IS options. I got 2 OOS public school acceptances and have turned them down very easily. If I had my IS public school acceptance I would definitely keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

does MUSC have a wait list yet ? Anyone on MUSC Dental waitlist ? Thanks

isnt waitlist movemement supposed to start already? fml

Does MUSC even have a wait list, going by previous years ? Thanks

I am on alternate list for MUSC. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Waitlisted at UIC today, my top choice and only interview. Hoping to see some movement come March!

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Is it acceptable to simply email an admissions office with academic grade updates from a Masters program? There's only been two grades but I want to update them on it regardless. Apparently you can only do the official update through the ADEA AADSAS portal one time so I'd rather wait and do that when there are more grades...

Is BU and Harvard still accepting people? Haven't heard anything from them yet....

When you guys are calling the school to follow up on your waitlist position & to show interest, are you simply just saying "Hello, I am inquiring about my waitlist position and I would like to reiterate my interest in attending your school"?
(I know, I might be over thinking it haha)

When you guys are calling the school to follow up on your waitlist position & to show interest, are you simply just saying "Hello, I am inquiring about my waitlist position and I would like to reiterate my interest in attending your school"?
(I know, I might be over thinking it haha)
I was waitlisted Tuesday and just sent a letter of intent today. This is my third time on their waitlist so I'm not leaving anything to chance

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile