***The Official ECU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hammy1754

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread made for ECU yet so thought I would begin one!

I submitted AADSAS July 1st. I'm now waiting for the supplemental application so I can complete that and submit the $80 fee.

Link to interview prep: East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to last year's thread: ***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by the staff to include a link to last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an interview invite today

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Status changed to Invited for Interview yesterday and received the email this morning!
App verified 6/27, supplemental submitted 6/28

Yay interview invite today by email! AADSAS submitted July 1st, verified July 8th, supplemental July 9th. Anyone know the dates they are offering for interviews?

Edit: called as the email said and took the earliest date offered to me - September 19th; hope to see some of you there!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also got an email for an interview! I called today, mine is on September 17th. AADSAS submitted July 1st, verified the 3rd, supplemental the 11th.

If anyone is interviewing September 19th, maybe we can start a group chat and get a coffee the day of

Do you want to start a group chat even though we aren't interviewing on the same day?

@hunter1425 sure thing

To everyone, if you want to be added to the groupme, DM me your number/email so I can add you!

I got an interview monday! interviewing October 3rd. Anyone else??

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m interviewing September 5th. Anyone else this Thursday heard anything about the weather?

I'm interviewing Thursday as well. I sent an email yesterday asking about the situation and the response is that they are monitoring the storm and that they will notify us of any schedule changes. I expect that we will hear something official today or tomorrow. I hope that helps.

Hi everyone,

I am curious to know if anyone has heard from ECU lately? I submitted everything on July 29th and haven't heard yet so I am a little anxious.

I have a 4.0 GPA and sGPA. DAT is 22TS 22AA, 23 PAT and nothing under a 21. I have interviews with UNC, UK, and BU at this point but I am hoping to hear from ECU!

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I am curious to know if anyone has heard from ECU lately? I submitted everything on July 29th and haven't heard yet so I am a little anxious.

I have a 4.0 GPA and sGPA. DAT is 22TS 22AA, 23 PAT and nothing under a 21. I have interviews with UNC, UK, and BU at this point but I am hoping to hear from ECU!

Thank you!

I think you have a great chance! Your stats are higher than mine, and I got an interview. I submitted in early July, so I think whenever they send the next batch of invites out you'll get one :)

For those interviewing on October 3rd, did you get an email with your parking pass yet?

Does anyone know about parking passes for interviews? If they send them or if we need them?

They sent one to me via email to print before the interview dat.

Has anyone gotten any interview invites lately? My application has been verified, complete, and “under review” for about three and a half weeks now. I took my DAT August 28th, then did my committee interview September 12th and my committee letter was uploaded (completing my application) on September 26th. I still haven’t heard anything. I’m starting to worry I’m too late in the cycle..

Last year I applied in November and received and interview in December. I’m pretty sure some one else in my interview group had applied in September so I wouldn’t be too worried!

Last year I applied in November and received and interview in December. I’m pretty sure some one else in my interview group had applied in September so I wouldn’t be too worried!

I just hope December isn’t too late to be seriously considered in the interviews. I think they have a good portion of the class filled by then, don’t they?

I just hope December isn’t too late to be seriously considered in the interviews. I think they have a good portion of the class filled by then, don’t they?
I think they have about half the class filled by then because a lot of people enroll at different schools. I know at least two out of the 7 of our interview group had been accepted and I’m pretty sure they conducted at least two more interview sessions after mine so I think there’s still a good chance.

I thought I'd add my stats to this thread since every case is different:

I submitted my app 8/10, supplemental on 8/15, and received an invitation to interview on 9/5 (scheduled for 11/7).

I am one of those 'low gpa struggle' applicants. I don't know my combined GPA because I did a post-bac program, but I calculated it to be a little lower than/around 3.0. My DAT is AA 20, PAT 21.

I'm nervous, but ECU is my top choice, wish me luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE: I finally got offered an interview today!! I have to call Monday to schedule it, as they weren’t open for scheduling today.

My stats:
GPA 3.43
Science GPA 3.9
DAT 20
PAT 20

Good luck to everyone, and I’ll post again once I have an interview date. Maybe some of us can meet up if we interview together. :)

Has anyone gotten any interview invites lately? My application has been verified, complete, and “under review” for about three and a half weeks now. I took my DAT August 28th, then did my committee interview September 12th and my committee letter was uploaded (completing my application) on September 26th. I still haven’t heard anything. I’m starting to worry I’m too late in the cycle..

Invited to interview on November 24th! I took my DAT on September 7th, and it was verified on September 19th or so. Don't lose hope just yet! There's still plenty of time

admissions said all emails have been sent out for today

Did they say when the next round of emails would go out or how many?

Anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet?
There won't be a facebook group until late January! Congrats to all who got accepted and to those still waiting don't worry! Last year a lot of us got accepted from late December into January and February.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey quick question, what were those apartments that were right across from the school of dentistry called?

What’s the chances of hearing this week if I didn’t get an email on “decision day”? I am patiently waiting, but it’s still making me feel crazy not knowing when I’ll hear from them. I have two more finals and I’m trying to concentrate but sometimes I hear my phone buzz and have mini heart attacks