***The Official Howard University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow (thanks btw), they really seem to be behind with EVERYTHING smh. I got invited for a whole interview somewhere else only 2 days after applying. Anyone got an interview at Howard yet?

Yeah they do smh. I tried calling so many times because I thought my money got lost in the mail but just gave up bc no one ever picked up. Luckily it was received. Hopefully they'll start sending invites soon...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I turned everything in but did not receive the email to send my money order payment in. Should I just wait on that email or go ahead and send it?
Hey I spoke to admissions yesterday. She said that once she verifies your app you'll receive the email to send money. Even if aadsas has already verified it you still have to wait on them.

Has anybody gotten an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, i'm having trouble contacting the school. What phone number did you all use to get in touch with admissions?

Hoping we have some movement with invites this week since it is finally October (but I've been hoping for this for a while now lol...)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys I received an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys I received an interview.
Congrats! How long after sending your aadsas app did they email you asking for the supplemental fee?

Hi all. I send my application fee the first week of Sep. But my status is still showing Waiting for additional information.I emailed them about it but I haven't received any response yet. What do you think I should do?

Hi all. I send my application fee the first week of Sep. But my status is still showing Waiting for additional information.I emailed them about it but I haven't received any response yet. What do you think I should do?
Just wait. It is a process. They will get to you soon. Takes weeks. AADSAS has to verify everything and even the DAT scores take a while. Once it is all verified your status will change and then goes under review. Don't worry.

Hey guys I got the confirmation early September

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys I got the confirmation early September
You got the invite to an interview via email, early September? Or are you referring to what DrHJ asked?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You got the invite to an interview via email, early September? Or are you referring to what DrHJ asked?
Hey sorry I got the invite to interview this week. It is my first interview so I am excited. For those waiting just pray and have faith your time is coming :)

Hey sorry I got the invite to interview this week. It is my first interview so I am excited. For those waiting just pray and have faith your time is coming :)
Please come back and share with us how it went, the vibe etc. Would love to hear about it. Very exciting! Good luck! :)

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I'm getting ready to apply to howard again this upcoming cycle, after almost completing my masters, which wouod put me at 3.09 ovrall
2.98 science, 3.9-4.0 grad gpa. But my dat is only a AA19 and TS19 cuz I got a 17 in bio and qr* . Non urm, 3 credits of anatomy 1 and 3 credits of human physiology

yes, congrats. you will do fine! when is your interview?

yes. i received and interview for Friday of this week. I am little nervous.

Congratulations!! And best of luck for your interview! I have a quick question are you from the DMV area?

I live in the DMV area and really want an interview here. My stats are pretty good and I applied in early June so I’m not sure why I haven’t been invited yet :/

I live in the DMV area and really want an interview here. My stats are pretty good and I applied in early June so I’m not sure why I haven’t been invited yet :/
Same EXACT situation as you. No idea. Early submission, great stats, DMV area ... (so lost)

Should I be worried? I have a 3.44 GPA, got a 17AA and no interview invite. My application isn’t fully complete though, I need to submit two letter of recommendations. I just know that some schools still give out invites without all of the recommendations in.

Maybe your stats are too good? My friend with super high stats didnt get an invite until May last cycle...while someone I know (with sub 3 GPA) got invited to their first round of interviews this cycle.

Interview invite received. First interview, excited

Anyone from VA receive an interview invite? I go to George Mason, and I heard Howard take at least 3-4 students from here. Can anyone currently in dental school confirm?

Haven't received an email from here since 8/2...

I got rejected Nov.1 last year. They take awhile to get back.

Sorry that happened. Was this before or after an interview?
Before, I didn't get an interview. Keep in mind if you do get interviewed from this school, there is an 85% acceptance rate of interviewees since not many people get interviews to begin with.

I'm sorry to hear. Can I ask what your stats are?[/QUOTE

Basically you want to have both a science and overal GPA of minimum 3.2, and alot of volunteer work, DAT minimum 18. Masters degree helps as well, in fact atleast half the class their has some kind of postbacc or masters.

Last edited:
Basically you want to have both a science and overal GPA of minimum 3.2, and alot of volunteer work, DAT minimum 18. Masters degree helps as well, in fact atleast half the class their has some kind of postbacc or masters.

They've accepted students with lower GPAs.

Yea I don’t think that GPA requirement is that high.

I realize their website does say 2.85 science gpa and 2.85 overall, and according to their student council members, yes few students do get in with gpas around 2.85, but they are usually URMs. If you aren't URM they typically look for higher stats, above 3.0 science and overall, as well as extensive shadowing hours. I went to go ask about these stats in person last year and this is what their faculty and student council members had to say. You could get in with lower gpa but then they look for either a much higher DAT score, really high masters gpa, research, significant volunteer experience, etc something obviously that makes you stand out.

I realize their website does say 2.85 science gpa and 2.85 overall, and according to their student council members, yes few students do get in with gpas around 2.85, but they are usually URMs. If you aren't URM they typically look for higher stats, above 3.0 science and overall, as well as extensive shadowing hours. I went to go ask about these stats in person last year and this is what their faculty and student council members had to say. You could get in with lower gpa but then they look for either a much higher DAT score, really high masters gpa, research, significant volunteer experience, etc something obviously that makes you stand out.
Ok I got you, I assumed you were speaking about URMs in general, not saying if the person wasn’t one. Hey I only have a 2.5 gpa...so nobody feel too bad

Ok I got you, I assumed you were speaking about URMs in general, not saying if the person wasn’t one. Hey I only have a 2.5 gpa...so nobody feel too bad
Yeah they look for the 3.2s or higher for non urm, but again this is according to student council personell, not just me speculating, at the same time though student council members dont get to make the decision.

Yeah they look for the 3.2s or higher for non urm, but again this is according to student council personell, not just me speculating, at the same time though student council members dont get to make the decision.
What's URM?

Status
Not open for further replies.