The Official "I Got Into My Top Choice So I'm Dropping My Acceptance at ____ Thread"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting for my top until after this semester of my masters since its the same school they wait until they see my first semester. I really liked BU though so a great second choice if I dont get into anything else.
What am I doing here I have a final tomorrow...that might help me get in lol. bye

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Most likely accepting Temple , and giving up USC and UDM

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't get into Columbia or UNE, but interviewed at both and still under review at both. Informed both today that I'm withdrawing my application to speed up the waitlist!
You declined Columbia without an answer? Curiosity didn't get the best of you? You're a better person than I am lol

Reactions: 2 users
I will be dropping Pitt & Creighton and will be attending Minnesota.

Reactions: 3 users
Why is everyone dropping Case?

I didn't apply there because it didn't seem like a good fit, I applied to Creighton instead. I can hardly find any info out about Creighton admissions (their deadline is March)

Mailing my letter to decline Maryland tomorrow. Hope it goes to someone who is a better fit there than me :happy:

Reactions: 4 users
Gave up seats at Maryland and Stony Brook, still deciding on Penn

Members don't see this ad :)
Gave up MWU. Still deciding on Columbia and Pacific

Giving up Nova, Stony brook, Buffalo, Case, Maryland, and BU
Can't decide between Tufts and NYU but still waiting for UCSF

What are your career goals @pikachurro ? Do you want to specialize and focus on more academic dentistry and research? Or do you prefer clinical/general dentistry? They both are great but they offer different things

Dropping VCU soon. Loved the school, but realized it wasn't for me. The spot was meant for somebody else :happy:

Adding UoP and Columbia to my thanks but no thanks list

Reactions: 1 users
I'm dropping UPenn, NYU, and VCU. Also, will not go to NOVA for interview in Feb.

dropping ucla, ucsf, harvard and columbia...will be attending puerto rico:soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
^Similar to me. Will be dropping penn, harvard, ucla, columbia...they just can't compare to Touro. Woohoo Touro class of 2035!!!

Where are you going Dr. Yap? I wish I was AL resident, because the in state tuition would be hard to give up. I also got accepted to UAB but I'm OOS
It was a very difficult decision. Congrats on getting accepted out of state already! I'm sure that's difficult. I'm going to the same school I went to undergrad for and they gave me a scholarship, which helps.

Dropped NYU, Buffalo, and BU. Also dropping Tufts at the end of this week.

Putting deposit down on Minnesota and Oregon. Declined Louisville and Pittsburgh and removed myself from UW waitlist.

Dropped Lecom, Roseman, Tufts,

Deciding between UDM and U of Kentucky

Dropped Lecom, Roseman, Tufts,

Deciding between UDM and U of Kentucky

Don't pick UDM because I want your spot. Just kidding. Choose whichever is cheaper. Both schools have outstanding curriculums and produce excellent dentists.

Dropped NYU, Buffalo, and BU. Also dropping Tufts at the end of this week.

Which school are you going? You are dropping Buffalo which makes me wonder what school that you got into.

^Similar to me. Will be dropping penn, harvard, ucla, columbia...they just can't compare to Touro. Woohoo Touro class of 2035!!!

I like your decision. I already put my deposit for Touro, but I will be in the class of 2021. Hope to see you there.

Gave up spots at Western, Nova and Tufts! Best of luck to everyone!

If the deadline is Jan 10 for deposit, can we just send it like on Jan 2 or should we let the school we are sending it so they know we are interested

@swindoll, may I ask why you chose Columbia over your state school? I have to make the same decision between Columbia, VCU and Michigan (w/ scholarship). The choice is especially difficult because I don't know if I want to specialize.

Cancelled my UNLV interview for Jan. 15 and withdrawing my application from ASDOH, LECOM, and WesternU.