The Official "I Got Into My Top Choice So I'm Dropping My Acceptance at ____ Thread"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just turned down stony brook! Hope someone gets the spot who wants it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
turning down tufts, good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably should have posted this a while ago. Turned down acceptances at UAB, Pitt, Maryland. Going to VCU.

Reactions: 3 users
Turned down acceptances at NYU, BU, Maryland, Pitt, Michigan, Stony Brook, Buffalo, Tufts, and UIC, and decided to attend at UCSF

Reactions: 12 users
Turned down acceptances at NYU, BU, Maryland, Pitt, Michigan, Stony Brook, Buffalo, Tufts, and UIC, and decided to attend at UCSF

Dayum you got more acceptances than the number of schools I applied to... Congrats on going to UCSF!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Come on dude... you could only get into 10 schools? Must have applied late...

Which state are you a resident of? You have acceptances from 6 different state schools haha. Congrats though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Turned down acceptances at VCU, Tufts, UNLV, and Creighton. Removed myself from waitlists at Roseman, UTHSC Memphis, and Meharry. Will be attending UoLouisville.

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew acceptance to Nova, LECOM, and Midwestern AZ today.
Will be attending Pitt (if I don't hear anything from Texas)

EDIT: Heard from Houston. lol. Going to Houston!

Last edited:
Has anyone dropped Tufts recently?! Sorry I'm on the waitlist & im getting impatient lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Turned down UDM, declining waitlist spot from NYU, USC, Nova

Dropped Iowa a week ago and ucsf :( today. Attending Pitt!:)

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but is there a definitive day that you must drop all other acceptances except for the one you're attending?

dropped mwu-az, attending pitt!

For those of you that withdrew from a held spot, did you just email or call the schools directly? I sent a withdrawal email to a school yesterday, but today received information about my new email account at this school and student ID..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you that withdrew from a held spot, did you just email or call the schools directly? I sent a withdrawal email to a school yesterday, but today received information about my new email account at this school and student ID..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I emailed the schools. If you don't think the email went through, you can try calling.

Just dropped Penn, attending Pacific! (Unless I get off the wait list at Columbia, then I will be back to making difficult decisions haha)

Reactions: 4 users
Just dropped Penn, attending Pacific! (Unless I get off the wait list at Columbia, then I will be back to making difficult decisions haha)
Dropped Columbia to attend Pacific.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 3 users
Dropped Pacific a while back, dropped UCLA earlier this week, attending UCSF

Will be dropping spot at NYU this week to attend a Canadian school.

Reactions: 5 users
I am a current student at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry. I am writing this because I want to inform potential applicants who are considering applying to ULSD regarding the present situation with the dental school.

During the application process, Robin, Audra and Diane do a phenomenal job of promoting the school. They are all very kind, very warm and very friendly. They state that the atmosphere at ULSD is one of warmth and family. First year dental students often do the same. However, I am a present third year, and Louisville was my number one choice of dental schools. I can honestly say that my classmates and I would not want to wish this school upon our worst enemies. ULSD is awful, and if I could go back, knowing what I know now, I would have not come here, even if I had not been accepted anywhere else. Here is why:

1) There is a pervasive lack of respect towards students among faculty members. While some faculty members are very kind, there is an unacceptably high concentration of faculty at the school that are consistently condescending towards students. They talk to us and treat us terribly. Dental school is very hard, and it should be, however the lack of just a basic level of respect is so pervasive toward so many students that it has made my class loathe this school.

2) In the fall ULSD applied for re-accreditation with CODA, the dental licensing body. Since that time, students have been threatened with EXPULSION for trivial things that should NEVER warrant an expulsion hearing. If you would like to know specific examples, please PM me. I do not want to post specifics on this forum.

3) The students are treated like prisoners in terms of input. Many of my classmates and I are paying an enormous amount of money to come to this school, and as such would like our input heard on certain classes and requirements that need to change. We are ignored, constantly.

4) The pathology department at this school is completely out of control. Oral Pathology is the most difficult class that you take at ULSD. The professor who teaches it refuses to record lectures, refuses to provide us with notes or his powerpoints and brags to other faculty about how many people are failing his class. THAT is the attitude among some of the faculty at this school.

No school is perfect, however, the lack of respect, and just blatant disregard for students that are prevalent on a daily basis at ULSD (despite how family friendly it is made out to be) are things that should not be ignored when picking a school. I would not recommend applying here to anyone. I have wasted $210,000 thus far by coming here, do not make the same mistake.

drop those seats Louisville School of dentistry Students . .. .

You guys are about to be turned into Dental Student Puppets !

Declined Colorado, University of the Pacific, and Pittsburgh.

Going to Midwestern Arizona. I was very sad to turn down the other schools, I hope that whoever gets my spot will be very happy to go there! :)

PS - I waited until this late in the cycle because my fiance had to find a job.

Reactions: 7 users
Declined Colorado, University of the Pacific, and Pittsburgh.

Going to Midwestern Arizona. I was very sad to turn down the other schools, I hope that whoever gets my spot will be very happy to go there! :)

PS - I waited until this late in the cycle because my fiance had to find a job.
Can't wait to see you in August! :)

Officially dropped Pacific, attending Columbia! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all whom were accepted!

Is there anyone who got accepted that will be dropping their seat in Nova?

Gonna drop NYU for Michigan

A major victory- if you think about it, it's been nearly half a year since you first interviewed at Michigan. Congrats :)

Will be attending Pittsburgh, so will be declining from Nova, USC and Detroit Mercy

Reactions: 6 users