The Official "I Got Into My Top Choice So I'm Dropping My Acceptance at ____ Thread"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will most likely drop my invitation from UDM, Temple, and Nova. Hope someone else will enjoy their time in these schools! (My visit to all of these schools were awsome!) Currently deciding between University of Minnesota and NYU:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Okey, so I think I'm coming to my final decisions...

I'm going to be giving up seats at: UoP, Pitt, UCLA, Columbia (this one hurts the most ugh) and possibly (I'm so indecisive) Penn and Maryland.

I may just be finding myself at UCSF! Eeek!
lol C.R. is this you? Nice avatar- Eric

ASDOH, CWR, UDM, NYU, MW AZ. Emailed or called everyone. All the schools were really nice and receptive when I told them that I'm going to be attending my in-state school. I even had a professor from a school email me and tell me he was glad that I interviewed at their school and wished me the best of luck!

Dropping spots at Case, Pitt, Lousville, and Penn.
Attending The Ohio State University!

Reactions: 1 users
Dropping Maryland. Wishing those waiting the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
if you turn down SF i'm guessing you're oos. are you a Michigan resident? then Umich no question. Penn is never cheaper than SF unless you have a scholarship so i don't see why it's in the equation here lol

I am a Michigan resident w/ scholarship.
Penn + scholarship ends up costing about the same as UCSF. I picked Penn because I really like their curriculum, Ivy name, higher specialization rates, and in my opinion high GPA from Michigan or Penn is better than a Pass/Fail from UCSF when applying to specialty.

Dropped spots at Iowa, UMich, UPenn and MWU-IL. Accepted my offer at UIC.

Declined acceptances to Penn, Columbia, Stony Brook, and Pitt.
Will be attending Maryland!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepting my offer at maryland,declined MWU-AZ, Meharry,Howard and Pitts

I Paid the deposit for UDM and dropped NYU, Roseman, Midwestern AZ .

In addition to Columbia and Pitts, also dropping Buffalo.
Will attend Uconn!

Reactions: 2 users
Paid deposit to MW Arizona, waiting to see if my fiancée gets into MW Arizona (her interview is tomorrow), if no word by Jan 10th, I'll be overnighting my deposit to Pittsburgh. (Kills me to be putting in two deposits but....you know women...).
I also have an interview with UT Houston on the 12th so if I get in (or if Baylor responds to me), I'll be dropping my out of state acceptances....and unfortunately, my deposits. But it'll be worth the tuition.

Dropped buffalo and uic, will be attending Pitt!

Reactions: 3 users
Waited till the very last minute, but relinquishing my NYU spot. Enjoy it, ye

Also turned down a NYU and Roseman invite, I hope someone picks them up!

Dropping Pitt, canceling my Tufts interview, and already put a deposit down at UoP!

Just gotta see how my Columbia and Penn interviews go and then I'll make a final decision :)

Dropped NYU and Ohio State. Deposit is down at Buffalo.. but still waiting to hear back from a couple schools.

Dropped Minnesota, UNE.
Sent first deposit to Detroit.
Waiting to hear from California schools.

Turned down acceptances at: Tufts, BU, UNE, LECOM and Nova.
Rejected at: Harvard
Still "Under review" at but haven't heard from: UoP, UCLA, UMich
Attending: UConn

I e-mailed the schools I turned down and told them I was accepting a seat at another school; some of them responded by thanking me, some of them just changed my status on the AADSAS portal to "Offer Declined."

turned down acceptances at upenn and maryland
attending columbia

Turned down interview spots at UNLV, Case Western, MWU-IL -- hope that helps!

Dropped Lecom, NYU, nova, Pittsburgh
In between Maryland and stonybrook

Withdrew from Nova, Maryland and USC. Best of luck to all of you, stay positive.!!!

Decided on Rutgers!!!!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Accepted to Houston today. Dropping it.

turned down Midwestern AZ, Minnesota, Detroit Mercy, Roseman, Nova, Tufts, NYU invites.

Last edited:
Withdrew application from UOP, Western, VCU, and Howard. Declined acceptances at UCSF, UCLA, USC & Loma Linda. Attending University of Maryland! ❤️ Best wishes to everyone!

Reactions: 12 users
Just heard back from temple and I have been accepted but I will decline their offer.

Last edited:
Turning down acceptance at MWU AZ, declined NYU interview
Going to UW