-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**The Official July 2016 MCAT Thread**
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
7
787593
.This is me right now. I just opened up Fallout 4 right now time to kill Super Mutants and hope I stay distracted. This is worse than waiting for my parents to wake up on Christmas.
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted706240
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy **** that is all Im thinking about right now. I spent an extra 2 minutes to make sure I didnt void it but what if I was tired and misclicked.**** **** please hurry the hell up.Anyone have nightmares about accidentally voiding the exam? 😱
I'm not a fan of drama but my stomach is actually churning right now..
Ugh same, I couldn't even eat lunch properly 🙁
OMFG IT'S UP!!! I'M ACTUALLY DYING!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's posted. I can't look
So I'll be retaking
how did you do. its okay im sure ill be in the same boat
holy ****. Why aren't my scores uppppp 🙁
I called them a week after test because I started doubting whether I clicked score or void. They said my name wasn't on the void list then....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
504 (127/122/127/128)
**** CARS. I guess I get screened everywhere
**** CARS. I guess I get screened everywhere
I got A 511. I Can't believe it!!!!! Same overall as my aamc practice scored! I honestly thought I bombed. I got a 24 (43 percentile) last year and to jump to 86 percentile is beyond belief.
Edit: My breakdown: 128, 127, 128, 128. Same breakdown as aamc practice scored but CARS and C/P switched.
Edit: My breakdown: 128, 127, 128, 128. Same breakdown as aamc practice scored but CARS and C/P switched.
Last edited:
Is a 122 in CARS going to get my screened? I mean it's a **** score. But I hate having 80th percentile in everything else and not applying... seems unfair.
520!!!!!!! Oh my gosh! I'm so happy I'm freaking out!!!
Same!!! 520 (130/128/132/130) I actually can't believe it, I'm shaking. I felt so bad about every section (especially psych) walking out of the exam, so I thought I did much worse than the scored. (Also got a 520 (130/131/130/129) on the scored practice but I felt really good about the sections when I took that.)
I've been reading through this thread for a while and i am sooo happy with my score, 509!!!! (128/124/128/129) / 82% percentile
i left the exam feeling defeated, and was preparing for 499 or 500 or something.
i know cars is not the greatest (percentile is 49% for cars), but i guess i expected this since cars has always been and will always be my weakest area. i know a retake won't raise my cars no matter what, so i am hoping for the best at this point 🙂
and congrats to everyone else!!
i left the exam feeling defeated, and was preparing for 499 or 500 or something.
i know cars is not the greatest (percentile is 49% for cars), but i guess i expected this since cars has always been and will always be my weakest area. i know a retake won't raise my cars no matter what, so i am hoping for the best at this point 🙂
and congrats to everyone else!!
Just got home from my exam!! Been lurking on this thread for a while and got a lot of useful info so thought I'd help if I could!
First off - there were some serious technical difficulties at my location. There was a pretty big lapse between questions that I felt affected my timing and my highlighter tool barely worked, which was seriously frustrating. Also the testing program on all of the computers in the room TURNED OFF mid B/B!! I was sure that we were going to all have to retake another day but the staff just rebooted them all one by one and they picked off right right where we left off (we had to re-sign in). Stressful.
For the actual exam:
C/P: Thought this was the easiest version of this section I've ever done. Passages were simple enough and they barely had in any strict memorization questions. Lucky for me, it was super light on physics. Definitely easier than section bank and both AAMC practice exams. That said, there were a few questions I had to make educated guesses on. Felt best about this section.
CARS: This is usually my best section. Usually score 129+ on practice material. Usually I feel good during and don't second guess myself at all. This was the hardest CARS section I've done. The passages weren't difficult at all, but the questions just seemed really convoluted with many having 2 answer choices that were super similar. I don't think I bombed it, but perhaps didn't do as well as I usually do.
B/B: I honestly barely remember anything besides the computer crash. Thought it was easier than the section bank and about on par with the scored FL. Passages were pretty straight-forward but there were definitely some questions that required a lot of thought. Harder than C/P. A lot of the things I expected to see that were consistently high yield on practice materials were barely mentioned (looking at you metabolic pathways). Didn't have time to go through my last couple marked.
P/S: This was by FAR the hardest section for me. Usually I breeze through and have like 30 minutes left to check answers but I only had 8 when I finished. I marked like 18 questions lol. I was SO unsure. Not only were questions weirdly phrased with hard to understand answers, but there was so much less data interpretation than I expected. I had seen almost all (except 2) topics/people/definitions but they asked about them in much more specific ways than I expected. I've never done amazingly on this section so a little concerned here.
OVERALL: I feel okay?? Honestly no clue how I did. My score could be anywhere from really bad to a good. I'm just happy to be done for at least a month! Highly recommend a good nights sleep before and just relaxing in the morning instead of cramming. Also take your breaks! I felt really calm through almost all (except the technical stuff) and came out feeling at peace with how it went. Don't sweat if you don't know an answer right away, I found that a lot of answers came to me as I got more warmed up in each section. Also don't overthink it or look up questions after you finish - there's nothing you can do now! Just let yourself feel good for a little that you studied really hard and finished a hard af exam! If you have to retake after getting your score, then you can face that when it comes but for now YAY 🙂
Good luck to everyone still studying!! Happy to answer any q's to the best of my ability
For reference:
TPR Course Test 1: 505 (124/128/126/127)
TPR Course Test 2: 504 (124/127/126/127)
TPR Course Test 3: 504 (125/128/125/126)
TPR Course Test 4: 511 (126/129/129/127)
TPR Course Test 5: 508 (125/129/127/127)
TPR Complete Test 1: 508 (125/129/127/127)
TPR Complete Test 2: 510 (126/129/127/128)
AAMC Sample: 84% (85%/94%/76%/83%)
AAMC Scored: 517!! (131/131/128/127) - lol here's hoping this is representative
That's my reaction from the day of! Turns out AAMC scored was representative!! I GOT A 517!!!@ So excited i cried
517: 131/129/129/128
Nice!! Congratulations! Really similar scores. I am a pysch major, which is why mine was weighted towards psych/soc.That's my reaction from the day of! Turns out AAMC scored was representative!! I GOT A 517!!!@ So excited i cried
517: 131/129/129/128
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to you too!!! I'm a biochem major and terrible at physics so can't explain mine hahaNice!! Congratulations! Really similar scores. I am a pysch major, which is why mine was weighted towards psych/soc.
When I took the MCAT on 4/23, I got a 511 (128/128/123/132). I knew I did poorly in bio when I took it from GI/panic attack issues. This time I got a 515 (129/128/129!!!!!!!!/129).
My advice for all of you who are taking the test: do not get discouraged, and stick with your gut. If you know something is really hard but you've given it everything you got and you have been doing well on practice scores, you should be fine. I thought I bombed chem first test, and this time I was sure I bombed reading. Just stay calm when you get panicked and work through it. First test I would amp myself in breaks and literally get myself freaked out since I believed I could think better from adrenaline. While practice tests this worked, the real thing got too much and I was literally unable to think. This second time I focused more on relaxation and keeping a steady calm, and taking only about 200 mg of coffee compared to first time where I was past 400. Not losing my **** (pun intended) did wonders for me. again, the stress will be enough to keep you focused, but more importantly, DO NOT freak out and make same mistake I made
So guys, you can improve. I improved 6 points in bio in about a month. You ALL can do this. Just stay focused and put the work in.
Stuff I recommend: NS tests (suck for chem/physics, but solid for Bio), EK Tests (ALL of it is great. best tests out there. I would put it above unscored even. great great quality). I liked the discrete quesitons in the bio EK books, but apart from that, rest aren't really that necessary. TPR absolutely sucks. Section Bank is great. Question packs are meh though good for chemistry. Do both AAMC tests. Wikipedia when you don't know something.
By far the two most important things that you HAVE to study above all else: KHAN REDDIT PSYCH NOTES (100 notes) (legitimately did nothing else for psych) and QUESTION PACK CARS.
let me know if I can help at all. This community has really helped a lot and love to you all
My advice for all of you who are taking the test: do not get discouraged, and stick with your gut. If you know something is really hard but you've given it everything you got and you have been doing well on practice scores, you should be fine. I thought I bombed chem first test, and this time I was sure I bombed reading. Just stay calm when you get panicked and work through it. First test I would amp myself in breaks and literally get myself freaked out since I believed I could think better from adrenaline. While practice tests this worked, the real thing got too much and I was literally unable to think. This second time I focused more on relaxation and keeping a steady calm, and taking only about 200 mg of coffee compared to first time where I was past 400. Not losing my **** (pun intended) did wonders for me. again, the stress will be enough to keep you focused, but more importantly, DO NOT freak out and make same mistake I made
So guys, you can improve. I improved 6 points in bio in about a month. You ALL can do this. Just stay focused and put the work in.
Stuff I recommend: NS tests (suck for chem/physics, but solid for Bio), EK Tests (ALL of it is great. best tests out there. I would put it above unscored even. great great quality). I liked the discrete quesitons in the bio EK books, but apart from that, rest aren't really that necessary. TPR absolutely sucks. Section Bank is great. Question packs are meh though good for chemistry. Do both AAMC tests. Wikipedia when you don't know something.
By far the two most important things that you HAVE to study above all else: KHAN REDDIT PSYCH NOTES (100 notes) (legitimately did nothing else for psych) and QUESTION PACK CARS.
let me know if I can help at all. This community has really helped a lot and love to you all
512!!! Holy **** so pumped. Of course my usual best section (CARS) ended up being my worst (127) and my usual worst section (CP) was my best (129).
I have a 3.31 cGPA and 3.13 sGPA, I feel like I've at least given myself a chance for DO schools now.
I have a 3.31 cGPA and 3.13 sGPA, I feel like I've at least given myself a chance for DO schools now.
got a 504 (127/124/125/128) super dissappointed by bio!!! i was scored 127-128 on aamc and next step
do i have any chance for MD?? I'm a CA resident with a 3.64 cgpa with lotsss of great ecs and research
do i have any chance for MD?? I'm a CA resident with a 3.64 cgpa with lotsss of great ecs and research
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K