The Official July 2nd 2013 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francium87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who's writing the MCAT on July 2nd is welcome to post any of your thoughts, prep material in use or anything you guys think about the exam

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly dying right now. Waiting for this mcat is killing me. I keep thinking I got under a 25. Anyone else as scared as I am right now?

I'm terrified. I've never been this nervous or anxious about anything. I'm basically not functional right now. I never wanna have to go through this again.

So anybody want to say what they are doing to pass the time? I've gone thru 7 episodes of revenge since i woke up. Might start playing video games in a bit. I am honestly terrified that i got a 25 or less.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually thought our VR was really easy... especially compared to the AAMC practice tests, which is starting to scare me. Maybe I picked the most obvious answer instead of the right one...

As for PS/BS.... god help me please. I keep seeing a "26". 6-14-6 or something like that lol.

So anybody want to say what they are doing to pass the time? I've gone thru 7 episodes of revenge since i woke up. Might start playing video games in a bit. I am honestly terrified that i got a 25 or less.

I've been through a couple seasons of Fringe on Netflix and a whole lot of Forza 4. Tried a nap, didn't work. Not much longer, though.

Man, I averaged a 30 on all AAMC, except the first one taken 6 months ago, which doesn't really count. But I am being illogical and thinking I got under a 25 and can't stop. It is simply because it is SO EASY to think that we could have gotten and screwed up a couple passages.

Finished Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Young Justice, Family Guy, and watching South Park now. All very good choices for shows, yet not so very good for the brain

Good luck guys, May God see y'all through and reap positive fruits of your labor. Am even scared even though I don't get my scores today smh

I actually thought our VR was really easy... especially compared to the AAMC practice tests, which is starting to scare me. Maybe I picked the most obvious answer instead of the right one...

As for PS/BS.... god help me please. I keep seeing a "26". 6-14-6 or something like that lol.

Hahaha omg I feel the exact same way. I keep thinkin 8-13-8 or something like that

Members don't see this ad :)
Are scores usually released around 3 pm EST?

I didn't even write on this date :p Just curious for when I get my results back in a few weeks

For those of you having issues logging into sdn like I did all of today, try going to "studentdoctor.net" rather than "sdn.net" and log in. That worked for me. I don't know if its because I'm using Google Chrome or if that's just happening to everybody, but I figured I'd say it just in case people wanted to post here but couldn't because of the log in issues.

Also, last time I took it, scores came out around 3:30. So it should be soon if thats any indicator.

Good luck to everyone! I took the June 20th exam and felt like crap coming out of it, but when I checked my scores, I got a 31 :). So the bottom line is, don't rely on your post-exam feelings, because chances are, you probably did better than you expected. If you do have to take it again, don't worry too much and just keep at it until your score improves. Hard work and dedication definitely pays off!

Ok I'm a mess right now so I'm gonna go watch an episode of one tree hill, and hopefully when that's done the scores will be up. Peace guys!

HI lafish,

what did you get in your practice exams and what are your office score in
3 sections ?

thanks a lot

mcathard

Hi everyone. I wish you all the best of luck. I was in your place a couple of months ago. Wasn't predicting a very high score but was surprised to see one that exceeded even my highest expectations. I know the curve for bio was difficult on this one but for the sake of your cortisol levels just know the curve/percentiles will account for this. Also, scores usually come out 3:15-3:30 ish according to Eastern Time. Also the AAMC twitter page is about 10 minutes late, usually. Good luck to you all! I'd watch an episode of your favorite show and come back to this. Also, false score posts are a one week ban lol

Last edited:
Considering never looking at my scores. How fun would that be?! I can walk into my interview (if I even get one) and then they'll ask me about my MCAT score and I'll just be like "I dunno, y'all." WAHHHH :barf: :diebanana:

Well this day in 1945 a japanese city was decimated when the US dropped the Atomic bomb on them. The aamc is about to drop an atomic bomb on my life, what a fitting day to release the scores

"HI lafish,

what did you get in your practice exams and what are your office score in
3 sections ?

thanks a lot"

This was actually a retake for me. The first time I took it, I bombed verbal due to lack of sleep. I was averaging 30 on the AAMC practice exams and I got a 31 this time around (10VR/10PS/11BS). I was just happy that it was balanced :).

Last edited:
lafish,

Congrats . You DID perfect , as every section is >= 10, that is what I want

thanks .

mcathard

lafish,

sorry to bug you again.

what did you get last time in 3 sections and how long ago?

I will retake it if my score below 30 or one section is too low.

thanks again

mcathard

how do we find the averages and stuff? What's the 10/11 for?

The averages to your own AAMC practice exams that you took while preparing for the actual MCAT. The AAMC 10 and AAMC 11 practice tests are supposed to be the most predictive practice tests available.

Considering never looking at my scores. How fun would that be?! I can walk into my interview (if I even get one) and then they'll ask me about my MCAT score and I'll just be like "I dunno, y'all." WAHHHH :barf: :diebanana:

:D Wow... that would be fun! loll

lafish,

sorry to bug you again.

what did you get last time in 3 sections and how long ago?

I will retake it if my score below 30 or one section is too low.

thanks again

mcathard
I got a 25 (4VR/10PS/11BS) on the April exam, was very disappointed, but got back on the horse and gave it another shot improving six points!

Well, scores are in. I'm pretty bummed right now. AAMC avg - 30. Official score - 27 (7 PS, 11 VR, 9 BS). Don't mind me, I'm just gonna go mope for a bit.

AAMC average: 30
AAMC 10/11 average: 30.5
Post test prediction: 8/9 12 9= 29/30
Actual: 29

Dang I was really hoping to break 30. Well, I thank God anyways. I'm not gonna retake. I don't have the energy.

10-10-10.

It's not bad. Should I retake? GPA is about a 3.44 and have pretty good extra curriculars and am applying to get into hopefully at least 1 or 2 medical schools

I made it:
10-12-10

Test Date Verbal Reasoning (VR) Physical Sciences (PS) Writing Sample (WS) Biological Sciences (BS) Total * AMCAS Release
07/02/2013 10 12 10 32 Y

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!