**** The Official LECOM Bradenton Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

In-State or Out-of-State, New or Re-applicant

• In-state

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Out-of-State

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • New Applicant

Votes: 68 40.7%
  • Re-applicant

Votes: 36 21.6%

• Total voters
Anyone receive good news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

i was accepted but is this anyones #1

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at 9.18 CST! I was also accepted to my state school and will most likely be declining...good luck everyone!

I just woke up and my day was made..... I was accepted.... This is my #1 choice and the only school I applied to. YAY..

Reactions: 1 user
for everyone who got an acceptance email - do you use gmail?

For those accepted, what does your LECOM portal look like? (on the LECOM website portal, not the aadsas portal) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, what does your LECOM portal look like? (on the LECOM website portal, not the aadsas portal) Thanks!

I was accepted and this is what my LECOM portal says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

I hope this helps.

Been a lurker for awhile, but I interviewed oct. 20 and got the email this morning at 5 am pacific

Accepted :) but I'm probably turning down my offer so more spots coming y'alls way.

I was accepted and this is what my LECOM portal says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

I hope this helps.
Me too, same thing

It was very nice of them to announce early in the morning. I was accepted at 8 am Central Time.

Wow, I see quite a few people declining their acceptance offer, and very few people posting their acceptance. For those of you declining, what are your reasons? People did not decline at this rate last year. I thought there would be more people announcing their offers. Just wondering, but I think the school is great and I am accepting the offer.

Wow, I see quite a few people declining their acceptance offer, and very few people posting their acceptance. For those of you declining, what are your reasons? People did not decline at this rate last year. I thought there would be more people announcing their offers. Just wondering, but I think the school is great and I am accepting the offer.

I didn't apply to LECOM but I can think of 2 reasons. 1. It's a new school. 2. PBL (some might like it but I think most of people don't)
If someone is 1. instate or 2. doesn't have any choice to choose or 3. likes PBL, then LECOM would be the first choice. But other than that, I cannot find any reason to choose LECOM over any other schools.

First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE!! Persistence has paid off :D
Hopefully they'll invite me for an interview too (since it seems quite a bit will be declining their offer :eek: )

I know I'm not in the position to be accepting offers from any super top-rated schools, but when I interviewed there last year I was really blown away. If I were to get accepted to this school I would take it in a heartbeat, even if were accepted at the state school! But I imagine many people wouldn't just because they're so new, which has obvious downfalls, and the price. But the way I look at it, being apart of a new program and working out the kinks together is kinda exciting... being the trailblazers! :p

Also congrats to everyone who received the 'ACCEPTANCE' news! :thumbup:

accepted! ;) OOS

Last edited:
for anyone who hasn't gotten an email acceptance, what does your lecom portal say? mine's blank

Mine says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." But I haven't yet received an acceptance email.

this is a little far fetched, but i'm bummed right now, so here is the theory i am formulating:

we had three options 1. email acceptance today 2. letter sometime this week with reject/waitlist 3. neither 1 nor 2, which they said means you might be getting a jan acceptance instead (or another decision)

SO, i'm HOPING that having a blank portal means you're not getting a letter this week and will be part of the jan accept/limbo group since both people who have and have not gotten acceptances portal's say "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

eh...EH??

this is a little far fetched, but i'm bummed right now, so here is the theory i am formulating:

we had three options 1. email acceptance today 2. letter sometime this week with reject/waitlist 3. neither 1 nor 2, which they said means you might be getting a jan acceptance instead (or another decision)

SO, i'm HOPING that having a blank portal means you're not getting a letter this week and will be part of the jan accept/limbo group since both people who have and have not gotten acceptances portal's say "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

eh...EH??

My portal is blank and I just called Stephanie right now....she said i won't know about my status til January....GAAAAAHHH I HATE THIS WAITING GAME!!! ITS MAKING ME ANXIOUS!!!! lol :eek:

eh...EH??

Just my thoughts, but I applied last year and it seemed people with blank status' were in a favorable position :)

If you haven't received an email and the status is 'decision has been made' you're most likely wait listed :(

My portal is blank and I just called Stephanie right now....she said i won't know about my status til January....GAAAAAHHH I HATE THIS WAITING GAME!!! ITS MAKING ME ANXIOUS!!!! lol :eek:

well, i think that confirms my theory then. now i just don't know if it's better to be wait listed or having a blank portal/january decision...

same here i'm so nervous....

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear back! Keep your head up and continue to pursue your dream. For those accepted and are interested in starting a facebook group, please PM so we can start to get to know each other :D

I have the status "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." as well.

Congrats to all who got in! And we'll see what they mean by their official letter, I'll keep everybody posted if I hear anything!

Although, it might be a while for me because I'm on the other side of the country, so the delivery will perhaps be a bit longer, hah

For those who are accepted and are plaining on being a part of the LECOM Dental 2017 class-feel free to join the Facebook page :)

First of all, CONGRATS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE!! Persistence has paid off :D
Hopefully they'll invite me for an interview too (since it seems quite a bit will be declining their offer :eek: )

I know I'm not in the position to be accepting offers from any super top-rated schools, but when I interviewed there last year I was really blown away. If I were to get accepted to this school I would take it in a heartbeat, even if were accepted at the state school! But I imagine many people wouldn't just because they're so new, which has obvious downfalls, and the price. But the way I look at it, being apart of a new program and working out the kinks together is kinda exciting... being the trailblazers! :p

I just withdrew my application and canceled the schedule interview this coming Friday 12/07. Maybe you can call in tomorrow to express your interest and tell them you would like to have an interview there, maybe it would help. Good luck! :)

Hey guys! Posting a little late but I got accepted :). I got the email at 9:17 this morning but I was at work by the time it was sent. My LECOM portal says, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." I will also be declining the offer. It's a great school and I was very impressed at the interview, but I was accepted by my first choice (go gators!). Good luck to the rest of you!!

I am a reinterviewee and I received the portal message...although I didn't get an email

If I do get in I'm prob gonna give my spot up anyway.

I think my best shot is to wait for someone to decline their offers. I hope a spot opens for me.

Gave up my spot today. It was a great school, just not for me.

Not for me either, knowing that I will not be able to specialize once I get in this school just threw me off. The dean himself makes it very clear that this school is only for those who wants to become General Dentist.

Plus, PBL! its not for everyone. designing your own schedule for exams and studying what you think is important, I don't know about that now. How will students prepare for the Boards?

And final year in Philly, moving around in the final year, settling down in a new area, starting all over again, just sounds like too much work.

I would only consider it if I was rejected everywhere else. No body knew about this school even in Tampa... there is no guarantee that they will get enough patients to drive to Bradenton to get treated. Very isolated town..

You are right about PBL not being for everyone. But my line of thinking is this... LECOM's DO program is PBL based and has over a 95 percent pass rate on state boards. If the program didn't work, then why would they spend millions of dollars of their own money to start a PBL based dental program? We as dental applicants got this far, so why do we have to be spoon fed the information? Shouldn't we take a proactive approach to our education?

Sometimes its good to spread your wings if you are able to. I am moving half way across the country to attend LECOM, as it was my first choice. Change is hard, but the reward is well worth it.

I would have to disagree that people have not heard of LECOM in Tampa. I actually heard about the school opening up about three years ago from my stepfather who is an engineer and lives about 45 miles north of Tampa (about 65 miles north of Bradenton). LECOM has been plastered all over the news and tv stations the last year or so. I think people know it is there. As for patients driving from Tampa... I agree that it is not likely because that is about a 45 min drive, but I think there will be enough patients within the surrounding areas. And Bradenton is not isolated. It is very from it. Plus you have Sarrasota/ bradenton beaches, and siesta key.

But like you said, you would only go here if you got rejected from all the other schools. Atleast you have a great fall back school.
Good luck with your interviews and I hope you get in.

I received the acceptance and I will be attending as this was my first choice. What sold the school for me is how passionate all of the faculty were about the school and they seemed to be very approachable. I am coming from a 45,000 student undergrad university where research was all that the faculty cared about. I definitely think that it is not for everyone though, such as if you want to specialize or go on to do research.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear back! Keep your head up and continue to pursue your dream. For those accepted and are interested in starting a facebook group, please PM so we can start to get to know each other :D
What is the link to the facebook group?

What are you guys clicking on to get your status in the portal . LECOM has the least user friendly website/portal of all the schools I applied to

Nevermind I found it

Last edited:
What are you guys clicking on to get your status in the portal . LECOM has the least user friendly website/portal of all the schools I applied to

i was accepted but it nvr showed me that on the portal