****The Official LECOM Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

hahah. Though, an acceptance email from LECOM would miraculously cure my flu.

It's funny...but I really do feel sick. Emotionally, and mentally. Refreshing email, AADSAS, and SDN..... Not good!!!

Oh, and I have yet to study for my finals because of my anxiety. Shame on me.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm getting so anxious. Are they still callling? Or is it emails/letters now?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gosh, I have to write a 10 page paper right now haha....I think I'm going to end up sitting on my email and refreshing it.

I havent heard anything from LECOM yet

Brutal is an understatement. :mad:. 2 schools I interviewed-No response from both and it's going to be noon in 45 minutes= half day gone already.

Did anyone get that construction web cam to work? Mine doesn't!

I wonder what the heck is going on down there????? Some one that lives near by should go see whats up lol. But seriously...Props to them if they just went with the letters. I would still love them even if they did.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
umm ok so why am i getting the memo late that theyre EMAILING ACCEPTANCES?!?!?! At my interview they said they snail mail them!?

parle G-- I love that brand of cookies lol

still nothing here. We were told at our interview that they would be sending out emails on Dec 1, followed by snail mail letters

When is it appropriate to call in? I don't want to bother them but I want to follow-up. Do you guys think we should wait today out and call tomorrow?

umm ok so why am i getting the memo late that theyre EMAILING ACCEPTANCES?!?!?! At my interview they said they snail mail them!?

parle G-- I love that brand of cookies lol

HAHA I LOVE Parle G cookies too lol

Anything yet? Did anyone call?

UPDATE: So I got tired of waiting around and got a friend (who's not involved in pre-dental stuff at all) to call and see what's up around 10am. According to him, S was short and irritated that he called, she said that it would be via e-mail "later today" (but would not give him a specific time when he asked)...she also kept asking for his name, to which he didn't answer.

It's irrelevant to me now, I've just been accepted to my state school and USC, so I'm good. Good luck with everything!

Well they are probably still on lunch right now so I would give it another 2-3 hours. After that, free game.

I will be checking my email like a crazy person then!

UPDATE: So I got tired of waiting around and got a friend (who's not involved in pre-dental stuff at all) to call and see what's up around 10am. According to him, S was short and irritated that he called, she said that it would be via e-mail "later today" (but would not give him a specific time when he asked)...she also kept asking for his name, to which he didn't answer.

It's irrelevant to me now, I've just been accepted to my state school and USC, so I'm good. Good luck with everything!

This made me laugh. Very sneaky of you lol. Thanks for the update and congrats on the acceptances! Hopefully I can join in the celebration soon!!!!!

Did anyone's status change on the LECOM portal? Mine hasn't, it's been blank forever, but I thought maybe accepted students would have a status update.

Did anyone's status change on the LECOM portal? Mine hasn't, it's been blank forever, but I thought maybe accepted students would have a status update.

I would expect that to be the last thing that changed lol, but I'll check

Edit: Nope, still blank as usual!

Right! best cookies ever lol. Guys (and ladies), I believe we will find out 4:30PM. Becasue when I first got the interview, I didn't get the email till 4:30ish (I found out through the portal) so I'm guessing thats when it will get sent out. I am not sure, just a speculation.

Probably some good insight because I received mine at 3:44 (4:44) their time.

I just want the acceptance so I play party rock like this!

http://youtu.be/_ovdm2yX4MA

Last edited:
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

Congrats! Do they personally send the emails or is it just one big mailing?

Have no idea.. but I think we all should be hearing from them today, am I correct? Whether it's an acceptance or a wait-list?

Congrats! Do they personally send the emails or is it just one big mailing?
It wasn't personalized at all, so I'm assuming a mass email? It basically just said congratulations and a packet should be arriving in the next couple of days, didn't even have my name in it lol

They e-mailed me at 12:43 central time.
Stats are: 3.76 total, 3.65 science, AA/PAT= 20/20, resume had a lot of shadowing (100+hrs), 2.5 years of research in a medical school/thesis/1 publication/conferences, and various organizations/clubs/volunteering.

Oh, and date was Nov. 2nd for the interview.

I'll probably be declining the acceptance because of state school acceptance and cost.

Wow, thanks!

It appears they are selecting the cream of the crop first and then fill in the blanks with the wait-list. I guess I'm going to have to wait more.. :) So far, we know that 2 people got accepted. No one on predents got accepted yet.

Wow, thanks!

It appears they are selecting the cream of the crop first and then fill in the blanks with the wait-list. I guess I'm going to have to wait more.. :) So far, we know that 2 people got accepted. No one on predents got accepted yet.

Basically what I thought was going to happen...

Aren't they suppose to let us know about the wait-list though?

I thought they were suppose to let us know at 8! But yea I would expect to hear something about the waiting list today.

Yea thats what I thought too..Did they talk about second round of acceptances in January at yall's interview. They said at mine that they would also send more acceptances out in early January based on how many ppl decline the first acceptances too

Looks like January is going to be another Dec. 1 for me! heh

um yea im going to have a panic attack if it hits 5 and i havent gotten an email..AHHH!..at least its not a rejection though right?

I was accepted today via email but I will most likely be attending Temple so my seat will be available for someone else! :) Good luck to you all!

um yea im going to have a panic attack if it hits 5 and i havent gotten an email..AHHH!..at least its not a rejection though right?

Yep you are right. And now it's time for me to get off SDN and go drink in pain. Lol

nothing yet still.... for everyone too? dannngg

Accepted via Email at 1:43pm EST. I was also accepted to UDM(my #1) which is 10mins from my home. Even tho I would absolutely love to attend LECOM, I think I will most likely be choosing UDM. 4 more years of snow/crap weather lol. I hope Nguyen or little buddy get my spot...you guys both deserve it. Also, at my interview they mentioned that if you don't receive an acceptance today to send them a email/letter expressing your interest in the program. I sent a thank you letter/letter of interest to the school after my interview so who knows if that played a role. Best of luck to everyone!!

Accepted via Email at 1:43pm EST. I was also accepted to UDM(my #1) which is 10mins from my home. Even tho I would absolutely love to attend LECOM, I think I will most likely be choosing UDM. 4 more years of snow/crap weather lol. I hope Nguyen or little buddy get my spot...you guys both deserve it. Also, at my interview they mentioned that if you don't receive an acceptance today to send them a email/letter expressing your interest in the program. I sent a thank you letter/letter of interest to the school after my interview so who knows if that played a role. Best of luck to everyone!!

Congrats Hocketown! Happy for you! :D