****The Official LECOM Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

A few hours before the acceptance email they updated the portal with this status. I'll be calling shortly to turn down the acceptance so I hope one of you will get my spot. I dunno how quick they will be to accept someone off the waitlist after someone turns down an acceptance but hopefully they waste no time. Best of luck to all of you!!

Thanks for being quick about turning it down. The rest of us appreciate it. Good luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad.

did you interview? or is this status update just for everyone who interviewed there? this whole situation is confusing....

Yeah, I interviewed with you...I sat next to you. We talked about college sports...also ran into you during breakfast at the wingate. Anyways, I haven't been accepted but my portal is still blank. I have no idea what this means.

Hopefully you'll hear good news soon!

Yeah, I interviewed with you...I sat next to you. We talked about college sports...also ran into you during breakfast at the wingate. Anyways, I haven't been accepted but my portal is still blank. I have no idea what this means.

well this is awkward....sorry i didn't recognize your name. hopefully we'll all hear good new soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says the same thing, also interviewed already, I didn't get an e-mail yesterday :(

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure I interviewed with the both of you! :) I was the girl that sat in the middle. (I kept my jacket on... haha)

My status is still blank .. and no acceptance. Hope we all hear good news soon!

Yea and ask them whats up with the portal message and why there are some discrepancies!

Just called. I was offer an alternate spot :)

Last edited:
I didn't ask lol.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm guessing the letters are going to be a mix of acceptances and alternates. Or maybe just alternates...

I believe all 100 acceptances were emailed yesterday and then they will receive letters within a week or two. Then there are alternate-spot letters that will be sent out within the next week or two also. If your status says that they already made a decision on your application, then you will most likely receive a letter within the next week or two. I think all people who didn't receive an acceptance are on the alternate?

Shouldn't everyone have that message on the portal then?

i want to call them so bad, but i know they've probably had hundreds of calls the last two days and i don't want to bug them. i felt so confident about getting into LECOM and i was really excited for the potential to be going there, but now i don't know what to think. but being an alternate is much better than a rejection. i guess i should hope for a couple of post december interviews since i haven't been rejected from any schools yet.

i want to call them so bad, but i know they've probably had hundreds of calls the last two days and i don't want to bug them. i felt so confident about getting into LECOM and i was really excited for the potential to be going there, but now i don't know what to think. but being an alternate is much better than a rejection. i guess i should hope for a couple of post december interviews since i haven't been rejected from any schools yet.

I know right. I wish I would have called earlier to get some peace of mind for once. I guess it will have to be Monday and I would be very happy with an alternate position. I hope they enjoy my letter of interest I sent them today. :thumbup: :xf:

I know right. I wish I would have called earlier to get some peace of mind for once. I guess it will have to be Monday and I would be very happy with an alternate position. I hope they enjoy my letter of interest I sent them today. :thumbup: :xf:

i emailed Stephanie yesterday letting her know how interested i was, but i didn't get a response today. now i have a weekend to spend trying to interpret what the non-response means....

My portal states the same that I will receive the letter within 30 days.
All other schools put me on the waitlist, I just hope I am high up on this waitlist. I really hope I do not get accepted to a school I do not want to spend four years of my life. LECOM is so close to half of my sisters and my mother, come on LECOM send that acceptance!

Best wishes to you all!

i emailed Stephanie yesterday letting her know how interested i was, but i didn't get a response today. now i have a weekend to spend trying to interpret what the non-response means....

I sent mine to the gatekeepers hirsch and shively and dentfla with read verification on and both hirsh and shively read it today but no dentfla. So I was surprised by that. SOunds like these will just be alternate spots so I'm glad I sent the LOI today! One step ahead of ya LECOM!

Mine updated the status to that "decision in 30 days" thing also...I really hope it's not a rejection!

Mine updated the status to that "decision in 30 days" thing also...I really hope it's not a rejection!

I don't think it's a rejection. I am really flustered why their portal isn't updated for everyone. Also, isn't it odd that that 5/8 accepted interview before Sep 12th? Also, the number of those accepted is why less then even those schools who only fill 50% of their class. It is just odd.

Hey guys, I was wondering how many people do u think lecom is going to waitlist? And how many people do u think will decline their acceptance? I feel like alot of people are going to decline if they have multiple acceptances due to lecoms price, etc. . I was just wondering if yall had any ideas.

I think everyone will be on the "waiting list" until they have all the deposits. In another thread, we agreed that it would probably take 225-250 offers to fill the class, but who knows.

I don't think it's a rejection. I am really flustered why their portal isn't updated for everyone. Also, isn't it odd that that 5/8 accepted interview before Sep 12th? Also, the number of those accepted is why less then even those schools who only fill 50% of their class. It is just odd.

Definitely frustrated. I'm just going to call on Monday and ask them what my status is, I don't think I'm patient enough to wait for a letter in the mail:confused:

I would too but I think I'm just going to wait for the letter. I don't really want to hear that I'm an alternate over the phone. But if you do call and your accepted, I will have no choice but to call lol. I'm so curious but too nervous.

200-250 offers thats more than I thought!!! Maybe if you have been waitlisted you have a better chance than you think

Did you see they have another school planned to open in Erie in 2015? Pretty sweet.

Isn't that what it took MW-AZ and Western to fill their inaugural class? LECOM is comparable in price and climate. Jan. 1st is the new Dec. 1st!

Got the e-mail Thursday December 1st at noon eastern time! :)

I actually interviewed on Wednesday the 30th of November, and I'm still deciding lol I have three offers of admission so I have some thinking to do! Are you planning on going to LECOM?

Yea if I get accepted but it sounds like I am an alternate right now...

I have heard absolutely nothing from LECOM! I interviewed on October 26th and they have never even appeared on my AADSAS portal. I've tried calling two days in a row and apparently Stephanie has stopped answering her phone. Get it together Bradenton!

I just called them to let her know I'm still interested and she picked up on the first ring so call now! She's really nice :)

Just got the alternate list mail. Will call later on to express my interest.

I have heard absolutely nothing from LECOM! I interviewed on October 26th and they have never even appeared on my AADSAS portal. I've tried calling two days in a row and apparently Stephanie has stopped answering her phone. Get it together Bradenton!

They use their portal, not AADSAS. If your status is blank that means priority WL, if it says letter in 30 days that means the WL.

I got the accepted email around 1:30 EST on December 1st! And before you ask, yes, I'm going.

Just got the acceptance e-mail at 12:30pm!

How can the school fill all the spots already if the application deadline isn't even till february 1?