-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by catalysts
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too. Did you call them?Is there anyone on here that's had their AADSAS portal say they were under review since 07/27 or earlier. It's been awhile so I'm wondering if I should give the school a call soon.
Mine hasn't updated yet. Mine has been "Under Review" since July 27th, but I have an interview now.Is there anyone on here that's had their AADSAS portal say they were under review since 07/27 or earlier. It's been awhile so I'm wondering if I should give the school a call soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you get your invite?
Anyone who got their gpa verified as late as 7/28 get an interview? I was invited to send in a secondary 7/31 and I had it in the next day. I logged in to the portal and it says they have received my secondary. Lecom hasn't appeared in my aadsas portal. I have a 3.45 3.6 science 4.0 BCP 23 aa 24ts 21pat 24rc
Interview #2! 😀
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/12/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 7/8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 2.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/none
interview scheduled for september 17 @ 9:00 A.M
Notification date: 8/12/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 7/8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 2.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/none
interview scheduled for september 17 @ 9:00 A.M
Last edited:
Congrats!!School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/12/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 7/8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 2.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/none
Thanks 🙂Congrats!!
Woo! I guess I'll post mine too. ^^
Batch: 2
Notified 8/14/15 by email.
Residency: California
GPA: 3.47 (overall), 3.38 (science)
DAT: 20AA/20TS/22PA
Interview scheduled for September 24th at 9AM. Never been on the other side of the country before, so this will be exciting!
I wish I could go to Disney World, but that would be kind of sad going alone. (・∀・) ...
Batch: 2
Notified 8/14/15 by email.
Residency: California
GPA: 3.47 (overall), 3.38 (science)
DAT: 20AA/20TS/22PA
Interview scheduled for September 24th at 9AM. Never been on the other side of the country before, so this will be exciting!
I wish I could go to Disney World, but that would be kind of sad going alone. (・∀・) ...
Just curious, when did your application go under review?Woo! I guess I'll post mine too. ^^
Batch: 2
Notified 8/14/15 by email.
Residency: California
GPA: 3.47 (overall), 3.38 (science)
DAT: 20AA/20TS/22PA
Interview scheduled for September 24th at 9AM. Never been on the other side of the country before, so this will be exciting!
I wish I could go to Disney World, but that would be kind of sad going alone. (・∀・) ...
Congrats! Mine is scheduled for 9/24 as well! 🙂Interview scheduled for September 24th at 9AM.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of your that have interview, what airport are you flying into?
I'm going to SarasotaFor those of your that have interview, what airport are you flying into?
I'm doing tampa and getting a car, its cheaper. Plus I can drive around and chill the day im there after the interviewFor those of your that have interview, what airport are you flying into?
How much were you able to find your plane ticket for?I'm doing tampa and getting a car, its cheaper. Plus I can drive around and chill the day im there after the interview
Just curious, when did your application go under review?
Well, my supplemental application was processed on July 23rd, so I guess after that?
With spirit I got a plane ticket and car rental for 288 togetherHow much were you able to find your plane ticket for?
With tampa you have more timings to pick from. If you're looking to go back on the same day then id go to the tampa airport. It's an hour away from the school.For those of your that have interview, what airport are you flying into?
.
Last edited:
My file is being re-reviewed after 90 days.. YIKES.
Do you mind me asking what your stats are?
I'm in the same boat.I'm batch 1 and I'm still under review... Does anyone else from batch 1 have the same status on the lecom portal and the aadsas portal?
I'm batch 1 and I'm still under review... Does anyone else from batch 1 have the same status on the lecom portal and the aadsas portal?
I'm in the same boat.
same boat. idk what the heck they are doing in term of reviewing apps in chronological order.
Ok. I saw a hotel and flight combo on Orbitz for $283 the other day. I went back today and it's $423 now -___-. I've only flown once before in my life so I was just wondering what a good price would be.With spirit I got a plane ticket and car rental for 288 together
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ditto on flying into Tampa with the car (250 altogether from Travelocity), then just find a relatively cheap hotel in the area. Also, for some reason flying early in the morning is also a lot cheaper than later in the day. The price basically doubles in price as the day goes on.Ok. I saw a hotel and flight combo on Orbitz for $283 the other day. I went back today and it's $423 now -___-. I've only flown once before in my life so I was just wondering what a good price would be.
I'm doing the red eye flight on Wednesday morning haha where you flying from?Ditto on flying into Tampa with the car (250 altogether from Travelocity), then just find a relatively cheap hotel in the area. Also, for some reason flying early in the morning is also a lot cheaper than later in the day. The price basically doubles in price as the day goes on.
It depends where you are coming from. Im from VA so for me it was $200 for 1 day stay. But i think $400 is alot if you aren't that far! Btw take an uber driver not a taxi!! It'll be cheaper!!Ok. I saw a hotel and flight combo on Orbitz for $283 the other day. I went back today and it's $423 now -___-. I've only flown once before in my life so I was just wondering what a good price would be.
I wonder what that re-review in 90 days mean as well. Did people get that last year? I got that email last Thursday as well... What academic update are they waiting for? Fall grades? Wouldn't those be available after 90 days? Idk... I wasn't expecting something like that... 😕
yeah i think people got it last year also. the fall academic update. yes its available after 90 days/whenever your grades are posted to your transcript you can update the schools. i wouldn't look at it as too bad of a thing considering people have already been rejected from LECOM. goodluck!I wonder what that re-review in 90 days mean as well. Did people get that last year? I got that email last Thursday as well... What academic update are they waiting for? Fall grades? Wouldn't those be available after 90 days? Idk... I wasn't expecting something like that... 😕
Call them. Maybe they are missing some information. I received the same email so I called them and they were missing a copy of my green card. After I sent it, the forwarded my application to the admissions committee.I wonder what that re-review in 90 days mean as well. Did people get that last year? I got that email last Thursday as well... What academic update are they waiting for? Fall grades? Wouldn't those be available after 90 days? Idk... I wasn't expecting something like that... 😕
Call them. Maybe they are missing some information. I received the same email so I called them and they were missing a copy of my green card. After I sent it, the forwarded my application to the admissions committee.
same here, call them! 🙂
yeah i think people got it last year also. the fall academic update. yes its available after 90 days/whenever your grades are posted to your transcript you can update the schools. i wouldn't look at it as too bad of a thing considering people have already been rejected from LECOM. goodluck!
Oh! I didn't know people have already been rejected... Well, then this is still good then... Lol... Will, keep patiently waiting


Call them. Maybe they are missing some information. I received the same email so I called them and they were missing a copy of my green card. After I sent it, the forwarded my application to the admissions committee.
same here, call them! 🙂
That would be interesting cause they contacted me like 2 weeks ago asking for more info about courses I just took during the summer... I received an email stating that application was complete and committee was reviewing my application. Then, last week, I got this email with the re-review in 90 days... I guess I'll call... Hopefully they don't think I'm OCD or annoying... Lol!!!




6
695680
How do you know which "batch" you're a part of?
All my stuff is in... yet I haven't gotten a single email from LECOM since 7/13...I just emailed them to find out what's going on.
I read a bunch of the responses from the beginning of the thread.. is their communication with AADSAS still messed up?
Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten an interview request from any of my choices...
I think I'm competitive though - 22 TS/24 PAT/22 AA, 4.43 GPA/4.21 SCI GPA... lotsa volunteer and shadow work and work work also (being that I'm post-bac), great personal statement...
What am I missing here...
All my stuff is in... yet I haven't gotten a single email from LECOM since 7/13...I just emailed them to find out what's going on.
I read a bunch of the responses from the beginning of the thread.. is their communication with AADSAS still messed up?
Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten an interview request from any of my choices...
I think I'm competitive though - 22 TS/24 PAT/22 AA, 4.43 GPA/4.21 SCI GPA... lotsa volunteer and shadow work and work work also (being that I'm post-bac), great personal statement...
What am I missing here...
6
695680
UPDATE: I emailed them and they got back to me very quickly. I guess the communication is still messed up with AADSAS...
Hey everyone...
I wanted to take opinions as I have low stats,
my oGPA is 3.11, sGPA 3.0, AA 19, PAT and QR 18, ochem 21, Bio and reading both 20, gChem 17.
I have been in dental school in a foreign country for 4 years and have over 2000 hours of shadowing and I have actually worked on patients. I had low stats because when I first immigrated to the US I got all C's but its been more than a year that I get all A's and its on my transcript. I also do research and a lot of community volunteering. Do I have any chance of being accepted or even get an interview?
I wanted to take opinions as I have low stats,
my oGPA is 3.11, sGPA 3.0, AA 19, PAT and QR 18, ochem 21, Bio and reading both 20, gChem 17.
I have been in dental school in a foreign country for 4 years and have over 2000 hours of shadowing and I have actually worked on patients. I had low stats because when I first immigrated to the US I got all C's but its been more than a year that I get all A's and its on my transcript. I also do research and a lot of community volunteering. Do I have any chance of being accepted or even get an interview?
my app was mailed out on 8/7 and I paid LECOM supplemental fees the same day but still there's no update on LECOM portal like they received the fees or under review. My LECOM status still says "If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application." Should I be concerned or just wait?
I would just wait. Or call them and see. It took awhile for mine to update also.my app was mailed out on 8/7 and I paid LECOM supplemental fees the same day but still there's no update on LECOM portal like they received the fees or under review. My LECOM status still says "If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application." Should I be concerned or just wait?
my app was mailed out on 8/7 and I paid LECOM supplemental fees the same day but still there's no update on LECOM portal like they received the fees or under review. My LECOM status still says "If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application." Should I be concerned or just wait?
Did you get a confirmation email when you submitted your app and paid the fee? I got two separate ones and the first one said
"We received your supplemental application for the Dental Medicine Program at the LECOM Bradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged.
PLEASE NOTE: If you had trouble paying for your application, do not fill out another application. We will send you an e-mail within a few days giving you an alternate way to pay.
The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing completed applications as soon as your file is complete. You will be able to monitor the application process through the LECOM Candidate Portal and you will be notified of your application status through the portal. Your Admission Status portal will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system. Please do not complete another application."
I then received one shortly after saying my payment went through. You should call them to see if your payment was delayed or didn't go through for some reason
UPDATE: I emailed them and they got back to me very quickly. I guess the communication is still messed up with AADSAS...
Wait you emailed them about what? You got an interview after emailing them?
Just wondering cause i'm in the same boat. I've been complete since August 8th and no word yet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you know which "batch" you're a part of?
All my stuff is in... yet I haven't gotten a single email from LECOM since 7/13...I just emailed them to find out what's going on.
I read a bunch of the responses from the beginning of the thread.. is their communication with AADSAS still messed up?
Now that I think about it, I haven't gotten an interview request from any of my choices...
I think I'm competitive though - 22 TS/24 PAT/22 AA, 4.43 GPA/4.21 SCI GPA... lotsa volunteer and shadow work and work work also (being that I'm post-bac), great personal statement...
What am I missing here...
I think all what you are missing is patience... just wait.. your application looks good..
ok hopefully mine updates soonI would just wait. Or call them and see. It took awhile for mine to update also.
yes I received both emails and they also charged my credit card already. How long did it take for your status to change in LECOM portal or AADSAS after you made the payment?Did you get a confirmation email when you submitted your app and paid the fee? I got two separate ones and the first one said
"We received your supplemental application for the Dental Medicine Program at the LECOM Bradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged.
PLEASE NOTE: If you had trouble paying for your application, do not fill out another application. We will send you an e-mail within a few days giving you an alternate way to pay.
The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing completed applications as soon as your file is complete. You will be able to monitor the application process through the LECOM Candidate Portal and you will be notified of your application status through the portal. Your Admission Status portal will NOT show that your application has been received UNTIL we process it into our system. Please do not complete another application."
I then received one shortly after saying my payment went through. You should call them to see if your payment was delayed or didn't go through for some reason
6
695680
Wait you emailed them about what? You got an interview after emailing them?
Just wondering cause i'm in the same boat. I've been complete since August 8th and no word yet...
No interview yet, but a link to fill out the supplemental app....so it's a step forward. No longer in limbo. I suggest doing the same or calling.
6
695680
I think all what you are missing is patience... just wait.. your application looks good..
Haha thanks
I received and completed the supplemental August 3rd and just now did I receive an email saying it was being processed (August 19th) o____o
How long from which y'all received the "supplemental app is being processed" email did you get an interview invite?
How long from which y'all received the "supplemental app is being processed" email did you get an interview invite?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K