2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Just got an invitation to interview! Idk if I'll be attending or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile
do you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting to interview :(

Members don't see this ad.

do you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting to interview :(
I don't mind at all! 3.2 sgpa 3.1 ogpa 19AA 20TS non-traditional 2nd time applicant. GPA isn't great but I think I had an upward trend of around 3.8 my last two years, I'm sure that helped.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is LECOM on everyone's AADSAS app under the school decisions tab? I applied in June and it is the only school not listed. However, my LECOM portal says that my application was forwarded to be reviewed. Anyone else experiencing this? Do you think I should call?

Reactions: 1 user
is LECOM on everyone's AADSAS app under the school decisions tab? I applied in June and it is the only school not listed. However, my LECOM portal says that my application was forwarded to be reviewed. Anyone else experiencing this? Do you think I should call?
Mine isn't on there either. Applied in June as well. Just need to pay attention to portal

Does anyone have any info on their accreditation? It says "accredited with reporting requirements" .. just wondering if anyone knows if they are correcting it

Those of you with post December interviews... How long did it take to receive an interview from the time your academic update was made (if you did the AU)

Is anyone else on here interviewing tomorrow?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far! LECOM is a fantastic school, and I've loved my experience up to this point (I'm a D1). It's definitely challenging, but not overkill (you'll still get plenty of beach time, trust me). The professors here are great, and they really know their stuff. There's a lot to learn in dentistry, but LECOM makes it an enjoyable four years rather than something you just have to suffer through. (Plus, all the students here are super friendly, and we have gigantic windows, so....)

Excited to see everyone in July!

P.S. I know it's still January and there will be more acceptances to come, so good luck to everyone in limbo. Hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and don't listen to all the so-called "experts" on SDN who say a bunch of crap about LECOM but aren't actually students here. We have a top-notch program with outstanding clinical experience. As far as specializing goes, students from the first class who wanted to specialize have been able to.

Oh, and don't listen to all the so-called "experts" on SDN who say a bunch of crap about LECOM but aren't actually students here. We have a top-notch program with outstanding clinical experience. As far as specializing goes, students from the first class who wanted to specialize have been able to.
Do you by chance know how much of the 2021 class has been filled?

could you make a fb group?

could you elaborate on housing and daily life?
I think someone from student government actually has to make the official page. Sorry.

Housing: It can be expensive if you're not splitting rent with anyone. I've got a wife and kid, so that wasn't a possibility. But if you aren't bringing any family with you, the housing options are pretty good, actually. A ton of my classmates live in two apartment complexes that are like 1 minute from the school (Creekside and Lost Creek). There is a neighborhood (called Greenbrook) about 10 minutes down the road with a bunch of townhouses that I live in. Some other students live here as well and they split the rent. The other place students live is in an area called Heritage Harbor about 10-15 minutes north of the school just off of I-75. It's mostly townhouses as well. There are a bunch of other apartment complexes nearby too, but the ones I listed have the most students.

Daily Life: Well, with PBL (or your Gross Anatomy class when you first start out), your actual class schedule is pretty sparse because most of the learning of the basic sciences is done on your own. I actually really like it because I can study relatively quickly and save a lot of time for hanging out with my family and friends. All of the dental-related stuff (lectures, sim clinic, assisting in the live patient clinic, etc.) is done at the school, obviously. But for PBL I do most of my studying at home. Everyone's different though. Some people love to study in groups in the library or PBL breakout rooms. The nice thing about LECOM culture is that people share their notes on Google Drive. It's pretty helpful. But yeah, if you manage your time well, you'll definitely be able to go out with friends and hang out at the beach or even Disneyworld if that's your thing.

Last edited:
Just received interview invite!!!!! First interview!!! Beyond excited!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I received an email that said my supplemental app was processed and to log into the portal to view my status

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I received the SAME email however after logging into my portal my status under the admissions tab remains as "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I received the SAME email however after logging into my portal my status under the admissions tab remains as "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

same here

I just had my "Required Letters and Credits" updated and now moved to a committee for review.
Do I even have a chance this late in the cycle?

I just had my "Required Letters and Credits" updated and now moved to a committee for review.
Do I even have a chance this late in the cycle?
Yeah for sure! A reply email from about a week ago from someone in admissions told me all applications are being re-reviewed before final decisions are made!

I got the same email but my status under Admission status is the same as it has been "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Is that the same place you guys saw your decision?! Thanks!

Weird... they just sent me an email saying they list processed my supplement.

I got the same email but my status under Admission status is the same as it has been "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

Is that the same place you guys saw your decision?! Thanks!
Same thing happened to me today... Nothing seems to have changed...

I got a rejection letter (no interview) back in december and today I got the email that my supplementary has been processed. I'm confused.
I'm going to call them tomorrow, but is anyone in the same situation as me?

I got a rejection letter (no interview) back in december and today I got the email that my supplementary has been processed. I'm confused.
I'm going to call them tomorrow, but is anyone in the same situation as me?
Yeah...

anyone who interviewed already have any cheap/close hotel recommendations?

Actually what happened to me was
1. Did my interview on nov 29.
2. Got a letter in the mail saying I was not granted an interview dated 12/06 (so I called and they said it was a mistake)
3. Just got another email saying they just processed my supplement
Current Status: Still Blank lol

2. Got a letter in the mail saying I was not granted an interview dated 12/06 (so I called and they said it was a mistake)
Pretty soon they're gonna mail you a letter saying you got accepted... to Iowa

Reactions: 3 users
Where did you stay during your interview?

since the 15th falls on Sunday, will we have to wait until Monday to find out the next round?

since the 15th falls on Sunday, will we have to wait until Monday to find out the next round?
monday is mlk day, so i think we might have to wait until tuesday at the earliest.

yah you're probably right, has your portal been updated at all?

Invite to interview today at 2:45pm EST. Interview #4.

So I never received an email, was just logging in to the system to see whats up and found that status "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." I never had an interview, does that mean that I'll be rejected for an interview or that at some point, I might still be getting an interview invite. Again, I have no idea when this update may have occurred so it may have just happened or could have happened months ago.

Anyone know if the class is full at this point? and Did anyone schedule a February interview? Thanks!

Received an email today, interview scheduled for Thursday January 19!

I think I've been rejected without an interview.

My status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."