2017 *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I think I've been rejected without an interview.

My status changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."
same here, unfortunately! But, Congrats to all of you who got in:)

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed last week accepted today at 9:40am!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still in silence? My app was complete 7/29 and "required letters and credits" is still not updated. I emailed them a couple weeks back and they responded saying that my app was complete and is still in a queue to be reviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, here is a page you guys can start getting connected. Please join if you currently have an acceptance, so your peers can have an idea who is going to attend LECOM Dental. I'm currently a D1. We can help answer a lot of questions you may have except admission questions. Good luck, and I hope to meet you all soon!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/371981729836529/

Reactions: 1 users
What does a blank admission status mean?

Interviewed last week accepted today at 9:40am!

Did they tell you how long after the interview you would be notified? Were you notified via email or phone call? Any interview tips?

Does anyone know when the waitlist people should start getting notified?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did they tell you how long after the interview you would be notified? Were you notified via email or phone call? Any interview tips?
They told us we should receive notification in about 2 weeks. I received my acceptance within the first week by email.

Are you in state?? Also what was your lecom portal status when you got the acceptance?

Are you in state?? Also what was your lecom portal status when you got the acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an alternate list and waitlist here at lecom?

Accepted by email yesterday at 10:39 AM ET.!!!!!!!!

Got an email today pretty much stating I'm on the alternate/high priority list.

So they mention on the email you are on high priority?
It said
"Thank you for interviewing at LECOM School of Dental Medicine. . Your application for admissions remains under favorable review. Should you no longer wish to be considered, please let us know. We look forward to your response. "

It said
"Thank you for interviewing at LECOM School of Dental Medicine. . Your application for admissions remains under favorable review. Should you no longer wish to be considered, please let us know. We look forward to your response. "
I think that a very good sign for you. Nowhere does it say you are place on the alternate list unlike when i got my letter in the mail.

I think that a very good sign for you. Nowhere does it say you are place on the alternate list unlike when i got my letter in the mail.
What did your letter say?

What did your letter say?
I got my letter early dec so i dont remember words for words, but it just mention something about being place on the alternate list and i must reply if i want to accept the waiting list spot.

It said

I received the same email, emailed back to make sure I fully understand but she said if we received this email it means that our app is "ON HOLD" and she said that people who are waitlisted still has priority over us, but they will continue to review if neeeded

I received the same email, emailed back to make sure I fully understand but she said if we received this email it means that our app is "ON HOLD" and she said that people who are waitlisted still has priority over us, but they will continue to review if neeeded

What does your lecom and aadsas portal say?

When I talked to Shannon on the phone she said being on hold was a better place then being on the waitlist.

When I talked to Shannon on the phone she said being on hold was a better place then being on the waitlist.
thats what she told me to. So I assume that's why I was on the alternate / high priority list

Whoops my mistake you are right on hold is better than waitlisted, I read her email too fast

This was my email "You are technically ON HOLD at this time, you have not been given an offer, but you are not out of the running. The waitlisted people are behind you in the running. We are currently on a rolling admissions basis, and the committee is reviewing applications . I don’t know when an offer may come. The committee tells me who to send out when. I hope this has answered your question and not dashed your hopes, because it should not have."

Any hope to receive an interview invite here still?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about how many people are on the waitlist? and when we can expect some movement?

I think waitlisted people will have to wait for a while. The people on hold, and people that havent interview yet get priority over the waitlister. Dont wont look at the alternate list until the finish interviewing.

Was there a consensus on whether alternate is the same as waitlist here?

Gave up my interview invite today! Good luck to everyone here!

GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL TODAY 9:45 CENTRAL TIME!!!
DREAMS DO COME TRUE YALL!

Reactions: 8 users
Are they still sending out interviews? I haven't heard back yet

I received an offer to interview on January 17. I have decided to withdraw my application. Best of luck everyone.

Does anybody know if LECOM is still giving out interviews?

Called today based on updated LECOM portal. 30 days decision meant I wasn't accepted. She told me to a apply to the Masters Program, but I am already in a Master's they had no idea about so they are re-reviewing my application.

Got an invite to interview today! Super excited!