*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who had a pre-Dec interview emailed and gotten a response from Shannon Phillips? I received an email and could share the gist of it if you PM me. I got a response from her but wanted to find out if it was merely a copy+paste message or if it was good news pertaining to my application.
I haven't received a response. Could you please PM me?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else just get this e-mail--> "LECOM Dental Medicine has Processed your Supplemental Application"
I did. I assume our applications are now in the hands of the committee to determine if they will be offering an interview or not.

Do current students mind telling me what they love/hate about this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who had a pre-Dec interview emailed and gotten a response from Shannon Phillips? I received an email and could share the gist of it if you PM me. I got a response from her but wanted to find out if it was merely a copy+paste message or if it was good news pertaining to my application.
?

hey guys, im a current D1 at lecom if you guys have any questions you wanna ask, its an awesome school though no lie
Just wondering if a student wanted to specialize, how difficult is it to get into a residency program?

Could those of you who are Dental Students at LECOM shoot me a DM? I'm stuck between MWU-IL and LECOM, I really need some help deciding, and having some questions answered would be a huge help.

For those of you who applied, how long was it from the time your supplemental application was reviewed and forwarded to the ADCOM until you were either offered an interview or rejected? Thanks!

For those of you who applied, how long was it from the time your supplemental application was reviewed and forwarded to the ADCOM until you were either offered an interview or rejected? Thanks!
I applied a few days after applications opened, got the supplemental about a month later and then the interview invite a couple weeks later.

I got an interview for Feb 8th at LECOM does anyone know if there are still seats available this late?

My portal just switched to "None." No invite thus far. Not sure what this means. Any ideas?

I got an interview for Feb 8th at LECOM does anyone know if there are still seats available this late?

If they're offering interview slots at all, then they're anticipating open seats.

I got a letter of rejection in the mail today. So much for all of that.
Sorry to hear that...
Did your portal status change to "none" before the rejection? Just trying to brace myself.

Hello everyone,

I am a current D1 student and president of the class of 2021. I was notified to create a FB page for all the incoming students who were accepted and have begun their matriculation process. For those of you who have met that criteria, congratulations, and welcome to LECOM! This page will be used for connecting with your future peers, planning housing, preparing for arrival, and asking any questions you might have regarding the school of dental medicine. Shannon will likely be sending out an email to all of those who have been accepted sometime next year with the link to the FB page because from this point on it is rolling admissions; however, as I am new to SDN I cannot upload a link. If you type "LECOM School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022" into the search bar on Facebook, it should pop up.

Once again, this is only if you have been accepted and have sent in your matriculation check. Thanks everyone, and I hope you all are having a great Christmas season!

Michael

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone choosing between Nova and LECOM...? Could use some insight over here.

My portal just switched to "None." No invite thus far. Not sure what this means. Any ideas?
same thing happened to me. I wonder what happened. They told me that they will wait till my academic update goes through till they make a decision.

Where can we find information such as this?
They have it in the ADEA handbook which you can purchase.
I don't believe they give you a percentage, but they give you # of applicants, applicants interviewed, and accepted.

Hello everyone,

I am a current D1 student and president of the class of 2021. I was notified to create a FB page for all the incoming students who were accepted and have begun their matriculation process. For those of you who have met that criteria, congratulations, and welcome to LECOM! This page will be used for connecting with your future peers, planning housing, preparing for arrival, and asking any questions you might have regarding the school of dental medicine. Shannon will likely be sending out an email to all of those who have been accepted sometime next year with the link to the FB page because from this point on it is rolling admissions; however, as I am new to SDN I cannot upload a link. If you type "LECOM School of Dental Medicine Class of 2022" into the search bar on Facebook, it should pop up.

Once again, this is only if you have been accepted and have sent in your matriculation check. Thanks everyone, and I hope you all are having a great Christmas season!

Michael

UPDATE: Found it via generic search of LECOM dental
Hey, I copied and pasted into the search bar on FB, but nothing popped up.

Last edited:
I believed I got accepted, guys. My Aadsas status has changed to offer made and receive my criminal record background email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I see this on the "LECOM Portal", does this mean a rejection? I have not interviewed.
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days.

Last edited:
I see this on the "LECOM Portal", does this mean a rejection? I have not interviewed.
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days.
according to old threads, that seems most likely
did you interview anywhere else?

according to old threads, that seems most likely
did you interview anywhere else?
But when I emailed them last week, I was told that they would wait till they receive my academic update to make a decision. I submitted by update last week, I wonder if they look at it.
Also, is there a difference between "a letter will be sent" vs "We will notify you in 30 days." What does the status say before/when people get interview invite.
And no I have not gotten interviews anywhere so far.

Pretty sure it's a rejection. Got that same status and received a snail mail rejection a few weeks after.

But when I emailed them last week, I was told that they would wait till they receive my academic update to make a decision. I submitted by update last week, I wonder if they look at it.
Also, is there a difference between "a letter will be sent" vs "We will notify you in 30 days." What does the status say before/when people get interview invite.
And no I have not gotten interviews anywhere so far.
Technically your application is complete and they can invite you for an interview or reject your application without the academic update. The academic update is to verify that you have completed all the required courses if you are
going to graduate in the spring.

First batch interviewee here and still no update :( I really need some good news from LECOM. Is it a bug to call or email to ask what my status is or should I just trust the process?

Do you know if they send the offers via email or mail?
I actually has no idea, I think it is snail mail. I did not receive any email yet. I just received criminal background check email, my AADSAS status changed from none to offer made and my portal changed to decision has been made. It states that I should received official letter in mail within 30 days.

I actually has no idea, I think it is snail mail. I did not receive any email yet. I just received criminal background check email, my AADSAS status changed from none to offer made and my portal changed to decision has been made. It states that I should received official letter in mail within 30 days.

Same. I got the background check email Saturday, my AADSAS status changed to offer made, and LECOM portal says decision has been made/should hear in 30 days. Did you do the background check yet?

On interview day Shannon said anyone who interviewed post Dec 1 should get an email today if accepted or waitlisted. But other than the background check I haven't gotten anything, so I've just been paranoid and checking every hour

Same. I got the background check email Saturday, my AADSAS status changed to offer made, and LECOM portal says decision has been made/should hear in 30 days. Did you do the background check yet?

On interview day Shannon said anyone who interviewed post Dec 1 should get an email today if accepted or waitlisted. But other than the background check I haven't gotten anything, so I've just been paranoid and checking every hour
I did not. We should receive it tomorrow , today is their holiday. I understand your feeling, happy, excited but doubtful.

Acceptance #6, status changed to "Offer Made" on AADSAS. Portal also says that I will receive notification in the mail.

Will be declining my seat in this class however, wish you all the best of luck!

Acceptance #6, status changed to "Offer Made" on AADSAS. Portal also says that I will receive notification in the mail.

Will be declining my seat in this class however, wish you all the best of luck!
Did you receive acceptance today? Congrats, although you're declining your seat.

Did you receive acceptance today?

I'm not certain when my status changed exactly because I don't check AADSAS as regularly as I do my email or the mailbox, lol. Today I just so happened to check, and I saw the status change. When I had my interview, I was told I wouldn't hear about my decision until the first of January anyways.

Acceptance received at 9:00 AM.

Last edited:
Accepted! Email at 10:10am

Reactions: 1 users
If you follow my post you probably know, anyway I fixed it.
I looked back and realized you were referring to acceptance. Congratulations!

My first acceptance!!! E-mail around 10am EST! So exciting!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
My portal says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" and I didn't get a call today. I'm just going to assume this is bad news. :( Congrats to you all and good luck!

My AADSAS portal says "none" and on LECOMS website it says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Does this mean that I am receiving a rejection? I interviewed at the school in October.

Last edited:
Interviewed post-Dec, no call/email today either. Portal says, "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Now the lecom portal changed from the decision made thing to "The LECOM Bradenton Office of Admissions received your confirmation to accept a position on the Alternate list. Notification of acceptance can take place up until the first day of class."

whatever...ill take an alternate spot! dont have to ask me twice

Reactions: 2 users
I also just got the same email about the alternate list... but how is it different from wait list? or are they the same thing??

I also just got the same email about the alternate list... but how is it different from wait list? or are they the same thing??
I think it is essentially the same thing, but it is not ranked.

I think it is essentially the same thing, but it is not ranked.

So technically is alternate list somewhat better than a wait list??

Status
Not open for further replies.