*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
not for grad plus yet heres the whole email
I received an email this week from Financial Aid telling me I needed to fill out an MPN for Fed Direct Grad Plus. But now I'm confused since they told you not to fill it out yet...

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email this week from Financial Aid telling me I needed to fill out an MPN for Fed Direct Grad Plus. But now I'm confused since they told you not to fill it out yet...
I don't think signing the MPN and applying are the same thing? But I could be wrong. I just signed both MPNs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think signing the MPN and applying are the same thing? But I could be wrong. I just signed both MPNs

Yeah I hope that's the case because I've already signed it :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got another email today to do the other one also so you're good...even though denay initially told me not to...idk

I just went ahead and did all of it

I got another email today to do the other one also so you're good...even though denay initially told me not to...idk

I just went ahead and did all of it
I emailed Denay and she said we do both MPNs and that doing MPN is different than applying for the actual loan.

Reactions: 1 user
I Interviewed April 12th and today my LECOM portal changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." My AADSAS portal still says "None", has anyone else heard anything from the April 12th interview? From what I've seen in the past this may not be a good thing... :(

@DocT23 @toothdr2020 Anyone from yalls class interested in specializing? Is it as hard as people say it is to specialize from LECOM? Do you know if any D4's actually got to specialize into things such as endo/ortho/omfs

@DocT23 @toothdr2020 Anyone from yalls class interested in specializing? Is it as hard as people say it is to specialize from LECOM? Do you know if any D4's actually got to specialize into things such as endo/ortho/omfs
Interested as well. If so, what did they do to stand out?

Just reviewing the email regarding scrubs. Can anyone give insight to the different models and how sizing goes? Not sure what to get.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just reviewing the email regarding scrubs. Can anyone give insight to the different models and how sizing goes? Not sure what to get.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well not a ton of options there, if you login to the scrubs website using the group login it shows you the options 3 tops/3 bottoms only wine in color (1 unisex/1 womens/1 Mens). Lab coat has to be the blue one. Monogram already included in price for the scrub tops but not the lab coats apparently (I got an email saying I owed more) but maybe they fixed that.

Free shipping if orders are over 200 bucks
No returns on anything monogrammed (i.e scrub tops/lab coats)

Sizing is questionable, if you can find wink scrubs at your local store it might be accurate but there are so many different styles from every brand that it could even vary between models of the same brand :shrug:

If all else fails get your normal scrub size (if you know it) and get them tailored if if you are completely wrong haha or maybe just get one pair to check size and then buy more...this would increase your overall price because of shipping but better safe than sorry i suppose

there are a lot of people in my class interested in specializing. You can specialize. I think the number of students from the D4 class that were accepted was about 16 or 18 approximately

In regards to scrubs, if you don't get the Wonder Wink brand it is fine. You just need wine colored scrubs with the correct embroidering

@toothdr2020 Are there opportunities for research? Do you guys have Give kids a smile? Spend any time around AEGD? Molar Endo experience?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@toothdr2020 Are there opportunities for research? Do you guys have Give kids a smile? Spend any time around AEGD? Molar Endo experience?
Yes there are tons of opportunities for research. You can get involved during the 1st year. We have Give Kids a Smile, and all events that other dental schools have.

for those of you looking for housing, or will be looking soon, I suggest you start looking as soon as you can, especially if you want 1 bedrooms close to school. They tend to go really fast and the low priced ones are especially hard to find. (closer to school, more expensive it is too, in general)

If you need a list of apartments in the vicinity of school, PM me and I can send you the list.
Also, if you have any other questions that you don't feel comfortable asking in public, shoot me a PM.

P.S. do not forget to collect teeth if you haven't already started.

I've got some questions about the federal direct loans, I signed the MPN for both loans already, what's the next step?

Are there any upperclassmen on here that can take us through year by year what their experience at LECOM has been like? Things like difficulty of classes, daily schedule, what adjustments you had to make from undergrad, what you do in your free time, tips for studying and whatnot? Just trying to get a feel before starting, thank you

Are there any upperclassmen on here that can take us through year by year what their experience at LECOM has been like? Things like difficulty of classes, daily schedule, what adjustments you had to make from undergrad, what you do in your free time, tips for studying and whatnot? Just trying to get a feel before starting, thank you

There's a list of AMA's on this thread that might help in addition to whatever info you get here
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Does anyone know if we actually should read that book from the matriculation packet? The Spirit Catches you and You fall down. Just wondering if I should actually buy it and read it.

Hi guys.
How is the interview process?
How many students are interviewed at the same time?
Are they asking one by one, or is it a question on the air and who answers it first?

Does anyone know if we actually should read that book from the matriculation packet? The Spirit Catches you and You fall down. Just wondering if I should actually buy it and read it.

We were told from an anonymous source who will remain unnamed that you can just spark note it and be fine. I tried listening to an audio book and practically fell asleep

Hi guys.
How is the interview process?
How many students are interviewed at the same time?
Are they asking one by one, or is it a question on the air and who answers it first?

Interview day was about 8ish in the morning to about 3ish in the afternoon but might vary depending on the size of your group. You check in and have breakfast in their little cafeteria thing and then are moved to a large conference room for the day. The morning is filled with various speakers one by one discussing different aspects about the school and then you are taken on a tour around the school by a couple of students and then have lunch with a bunch of students. After that you are split into groups of 6 (from the larger group of about 25ish that you are sitting in the conference room with). There will be two interviewers that will ask a few questions and any of you 6 can start answering until every has finished. The interview lasts about 45 minutes. After this you go back to the conference room and they give a talk about financial aid and stuff before you are dismissed. You also do the infamous soap carving earlier in the day but dont stress about it.

This goes without saying but no one here should discuss any of the interview questions. Please don't ask but I will say however that they were all pretty basic and straightforward. I personally did not have anything that through me for a loop. I think they mostly want to see how confident you can be a in a group setting. If you are very quiet and introverted you MAY put your chances of acceptance in jeopardy.

You should read it anyway. It was a great read, there were chapters that were a bit dull, but overall the book would give insight on cultural awareness/competence that you can't learn unless you experience it.

Reactions: 1 users
You should read it anyway. It was a great read, there were chapters that were a bit dull, but overall the book would give insight on cultural awareness/competence that you can't learn unless you experience it.
Thanks! I actually bought it and started reading it and it is pretty good. It does give insight to different cultural barriers!

We were told from an anonymous source who will remain unnamed that you can just spark note it and be fine. I tried listening to an audio book and practically fell asleep

summary / spartnote should suffice. Some people read it, but no need. It will be a part of GPD exam 1. Everyone passed that exam. (or they passed everyone)

summary / spartnote should suffice. Some people read it, but no need. It will be a part of GPD exam 1. Everyone passed that exam. (or they passed everyone)

Are exams scores only by pass/fail or is there pass and high pass like at roseman for example.

Is there any sort of class ranking system of the students at lecom? any sort of gpa system?

how are students interested in specialties differentiating themselves?

@toothdr2020 @Dentalco2020

Last edited:
Are exams scores only by pass/fail or is there pass and high pass like at roseman for example.

Is there any sort of class ranking system of the students at lecom? any sort of gpa system?

how are students interested in specialties differentiating themselves?

@toothdr2020 @Dentalco2020

It's just pass /fail system, but I heard that class of 2022 could be grading system? Not 100% sure, but I keep hearing about it, so it's not in place yet, it's probably in the pipeline.

For specialty, you'd have to do volunteer work, externships, research, etc to make yourself stand out.

Hi everyone! I am applying to the 2018-19 cycle so I know this forum is from last year but I wanted to get some interview advice for LECOM from those that have already received an acceptance. I'm just trying to figure out what the best way to prepare would be as I am getting anxious haha. If you wouldn't mind telling me things that you remember specifically doing during your interview, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am applying to the 2018-19 cycle so I know this forum is from last year but I wanted to get some interview advice for LECOM from those that have already received an acceptance. I'm just trying to figure out what the best way to prepare would be as I am getting anxious haha. If you wouldn't mind telling me things that you remember specifically doing during your interview, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Practice the usual questions and remain calm. Theres not much else we could help with because we all got different questions apart from the usual ones like "Why do you want to be a dentist." LECOM interview day is pretty low stress.

So there's not many days left till I have my interview so anxiety is creepin up more and more! If any current dental students would be willing to tell me some of the things you like about the program thus far, it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to see if there is anything else that I may not have considered about their school

I interviewed early and my status on the LECOM portal states "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone else's status the same as mine?

Hi! I wanted to know if you eventually got into LECOM? I have the same status as you for this cycle. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.