**** The Official Louisville Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Yup, let's start a facebook group! Excited to meet all of you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just created one! Search "University of Louisville School of Dentistry Class of 2018"

:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! WOO HOO!
OOS, UT Resident
GPA: 3.45, DAT: 23 AA/ 21 PAT

Try:
/groups/594863380586649/edit/#!/groups/594863380586649/

My other attempt was audited, lol! Just add this to the end of the normal facebook address :)

Accepted!! Boo yah!! Very excited!!

I tried facebook.com and copied/pasted the rest but it didn't work for.... can u try posting the link?

@BlueDevil2012 : The same thing happened to me. So instead, on the search tab on facebook, I just pasted this /groups/594863380586649/edit/#!/groups/594863380586649/ and then pressed "see more results for ...." and the group automatically popped up. Hopefully it works!

But just in case, this is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/594863380586649/

Thank you Paperclipz, joining the FB oddly makes this more real lol, even moreso than receiving the acceptance phone call haha

Did anyone get in that interviewed 11/4? I got in and I was just wondering if anyone that was in my group got in with me...

ACCEPTED as of yesterday!!!!! Dr. Babbage is a champ for calling us all post-midnight! Can't wait to meet you all!!!

Interview Invite. Hope I get in here!

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my acceptance to UofL today, hope this OOS spot goes to someone deserving!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an interview invite to Louisville. I'm a Georgia resident and have already been accepted to Georgia Regents University. Never been to Louisville, dont know much about it. Can someone give me the scoop?

Accepted! But....was anyone aware of the requirement to improve or keep your application GPA? Mine won't have dropped much (probably .05 or .1). Anyone have more information on this and if they are lenient if you're starting from a high GPA and drop .1 but are still well above the school's averages?

I called and they said they are lenient. It's more of their way of saying, "yeah, you're in. But don't just quit now."

Just got an interview invite to Louisville. I'm a Georgia resident and have already been accepted to Georgia Regents University. Never been to Louisville, dont know much about it. Can someone give me the scoop?

I got one last night too. I'm OOS and I've never been there either but I've heard its a great city. Pretty excited to visit for the interview!

Just out of curiosity, does ANYONE'S AADSAS status still say "Received/Application Complete"? It has never changed to "Received/Under Review". It's been that way since I submitted my app in July. I'm beginning to think skipped over my application...

Does anyone know when they are done sending out OOS interview invites? I'd really like to hear back from this school. Should I call them to reiterate my interest?
Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, does ANYONE'S AADSAS status still say "Received/Application Complete"? It has never changed to "Received/Under Review". It's been that way since I submitted my app in July. I'm beginning to think skipped over my application...

same here. I was accepted here 2 years ago too but was unable to attend due to a terrible family situation.

Mine said Received/Application Complete from the beginning of September until yesterday when it changed back to Received/Under Review. The reason it changed is because yesterday I called Robin at academic affairs and told her I was still interested and she made sure to have my app flagged for them to take a closer look. So I'm pretty sure I will be offered an interview soon...if you still want to get in, give Robin a call, she is super nice and will help you out.

Mine said Received/Application Complete from the beginning of September until yesterday when it changed back to Received/Under Review. The reason it changed is because yesterday I called Robin at academic affairs and told her I was still interested and she made sure to have my app flagged for them to take a closer look. So I'm pretty sure I will be offered an interview soon...if you still want to get in, give Robin a call, she is super nice and will help you out.
I see. Thanks for the head up! But I wish I could know why they never really looked at my application before.

I see. Thanks for the head up! But I wish I could know why they never really looked at my application before.

Did you apply late? They receieved a LOT of applications this year. I interviewed the 2nd week of September and Ms. Foster commented that they were only about 50 apps short of the total they had received by the time decisions went out in December last year.

Did you apply late? They receieved a LOT of applications this year. I interviewed the 2nd week of September and Ms. Foster commented that they were only about 50 apps short of the total they had received by the time decisions went out in December last year.

:wow:

:scared::scared::grumpy:

Nope. 3rd batch, and supplemental fees submitted ASAP.

But that stat goes to show that dentistry is become more and more popular every year!

Just got the invite to interview today. The actual interview is in a month and I am super excited to visit the campus!

Just got the invite to interview today. The actual interview is in a month and I am super excited to visit the campus!

Hey, that's awesome, congrats! I hope I get one soon too. Do you know if they have all of their January dates filled?

Just got an interview for January 13th, anybody else!? I've never been to Louisville before so someone please help me out!

Got an interview invite for later on in Jan. Anyone know what the Cost of Attendance is at Louisville for OOS?

Got an interview invite for Jan 27th. Anyone else interviewing on this day? If so where are you guys staying?

Good luck to you guys!! Don't be nervous and impress them!

Quick question for those who are currently at UofL or anybody who may actually care. I'm debating whether or not to contact admissions because I was accepted a couple cycles ago and had bad family situation occur that prevented me from attending. I never told them the reason why, but feel like it may be why I have not received an interview or been rejected yet. Should I contact and tell them? No I didnt put it in my personal statement bc the story would take up all 2500 characters or however many u get. Appreciate any input yall may have.

Quick question for those who are currently at UofL or anybody who may actually care. I'm debating whether or not to contact admissions because I was accepted a couple cycles ago and had bad family situation occur that prevented me from attending. I never told them the reason why, but feel like it may be why I have not received an interview or been rejected yet. Should I contact and tell them? No I didnt put it in my personal statement bc the story would take up all 2500 characters or however many u get. Appreciate any input yall may have.
You have nothing to lose. Call Robin in admissions.

Anyone know if there has been another round of acceptance offers yet? Or when future offers would be made?

Anyone know if there has been another round of acceptance offers yet? Or when future offers would be made?

I emailed them and got a response saying no additional offers have been made yet. They also said that from this point forward, it can be a really slow process :/
Hoping for the best in the near future

I emailed them and got a response saying no additional offers have been made yet. They also said that from this point forward, it can be a really slow process :/

Thanks for the update.

Anyone have an idea how many people are on the NTBC list? Is there a ranking system?

Anyone have an idea how many people are on the NTBC list? Is there a ranking system?
I'd like more information on how the NTBC list works as well. I interviewed at U of L yesterday and 5 hours after the interview they emailed me to let me know they put me on the list. Is it the same thing as a waitlist? if not, how is it different?

I'm not sure how many people are on the list. The list is not ranked though and they said they'll review all NTBC candidates before sending out additional acceptances. They also said there will be no movement until the interview cycle is complete, which is the end of the month. They aren't sure on a set date, but it'll be sometime after that

Are they still doing invites for interviews?

Hey does anyone know when their last interview date is?

Called them yesterday, Monday is their last interview date

got several acceptance but still wanting to interview here.

I am a Canadian applicant who submitted everything by September. I still haven't heard back from the school yet. Should I be worried?

I called yesterday and was told they may interview through February but they're not 100% certain yet.