*The Official MCAT January 2018 Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariposas905

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Now that the new test dates are out, I figured I'd start a thread for all the January 2018 test-takers prepping for (and most definitely, slaying) this beast! ;) This is a retake for me, but I'm aiming high! Who else is taking it in January?

I'm sure that sharing insights and support on SDN will make this journey all the more worth it. I have a feeling 2018 is off to a great start! Good luck everyone and may the odds be ever in our favor.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've seen, it usually comes up around 8:15AM PST from their twitter posts. So I dont think it will be up at 5AM PST.

Reactions: 1 user
AAMC tweets when scores are released, so I'll definitely have twitter up all morning rather than logging in! Of course, if I don't see a tweet from AAMC within about 15 seconds after 5am PST, I will be logging in. :nailbiting:
I checked their tweets from last year's score releases and almost all of them are released at 8:10am PST

I have now made a series of playlists for different moods depending on my score. Please send help

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people feel like they're going to share their scores on SDN?

Sent from my BBB100-3 using SDN mobile

I will. I've been pretty transparent about my practice scores and such because the more data we collectively have, the better we can all prepare for this exam. Reading the 509+ thread helped me a lot in preparing, so I want to pay it forward. Hopefully I get to post there tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

Can't wait for everyone to post their 515+ scores after they thought they got a <500!!!!!

Lol but forreal guys, good luck tomorrow

Reactions: 4 users
Is it 8:15 am EST or PST then? We're nearing the 12 hour mark. Attempts at distracting myself are increasingly useless.

This is like a sh*try version of Christmas eve. All the anticipation and none of the presents

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
Update @ 6:51pm on the eve before score release...Still have no confidence in my score. Literally could have scored a 500 which would suck with a 511 avg on AAMC 1-3. This scaled curve better be epic especially on C/P.

Reactions: 6 users
Update @ 6:51pm on the eve before score release...Still have no confidence in my score. Literally could have scored a 500 which would suck with a 511 avg on AAMC 1-3. This scaled curve better be epic especially on C/P.
I feel the same way about C/P that you do and also feel that way with B/B. So basically both science sections.Just so hard :/
But I guess we'll see.

I didn't know this thread existed until the morning of the day my score is supposed to post. God speed homies!

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

What if they just don't post the scores today and not say anything about it lol

Reactions: 3 users
Meanwhile at the MCAT Score Reporting site

drilling-F5.gif

Reactions: 7 users
What if as soon as they post the scores their servers crash and are inoperable for an undetermined amount of time

tried to workout to get my mind off of this, but ended up checking here in between bench sets....yeah workout didn't go well lol