*The Official MCAT March 2018 Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meraki_soul

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
didn't see an MCAT thread for this one, so thought I would start it! I'm thinking positive, so we all do fabulous and get into the school of our dreams. Happy studying everyone!
:biglove::biglove::biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

2 more months until testing date! and then...

braveheart-freedom-gif-2.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Any thoughts on the MCAT yesterday?

C/P hit hard - formula/calculation heavy and some straight recall
CARS was long af - who writes 9 paragraph essays? questions as expected, couple of hard passages
B/B - some pretty heavy passages/studies, content mostly high yield
P/S - almost exclusively recall which I liked, but could've hurt some people

C/P was physics heavy, lots of calculations, almost no organic. A couple of very challenging passages, others pretty comparable to the FLs

CARS had long passages. Two of them were pretty dense, but the others weren’t bad. Similar to the FLs.

B/B was challenging for me. It had several very short passages with reasonable questions and some easy discretes. But several other passages were very dense and convoluted, high-difficulty, section bank-like. A few discretes were also ridiculous—asked about very specific, low-yield content. Overall, I thought it was harder than the FLs (though that could just be me, hoping for a decent curve).

P/S was fine. Not a lot of reasoning, lots of definition-based questions.

Reactions: 2 users