*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything or emailed Meharry to see when they’re sending out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions today and the guy on the phone said that he thinks they're releasing decisions on December 15th. If I can be honest, he seemed confused by the question and I really, really hope he was thinking of the last day applications can be submitted and not the day that decisions will actually be released. It was quite a stressful day yesterday, and I wish they would have given us more heads up that they wouldn't be released with all of the other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I called admissions today and the guy on the phone said that he thinks they're releasing decisions on December 15th. If I can be honest, he seemed confused by the question and I really, really hope he was thinking of the last day applications can be submitted and not the day that decisions will actually be released. It was quite a stressful day yesterday, and I wish they would have given us more heads up that they wouldn't be released with all of the other schools.
I agree with you 100%!

I agree with you 100%!
If you're able to, would you mind calling as well and asking about decision notification date? I still can't decide if that was the official date, or if the guy came up with it off the top of his head.

Last edited:
If you're able to, would you mind calling as well and asking about decision notification date? I still can't decide if that was the official date, or if the guy came up with it off the top of his head.
Will do. I just emailed them too!

I applied with a 16AA you guys think I have a chance ?

Does anyone know if they will be lenient with letter of recommendations? I only have two, but they require 3.

Update! I finally was able to get Admissions back on the phone (after many returns to voicemail) and the woman very assuredly told me that decisions will be sent tomorrow by email.

I’m very excited and am wishing for the best for everybody here.

Update! I finally was able to get Admissions back on the phone (after many returns to voicemail) and the woman very assuredly told me that decisions will be sent tomorrow by email.

I’m very excited and am wishing for the best for everybody here.
Thank you for letting us know!!! Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Soooo... anyone heard anything?lol

Nope. I feel so duped! Smh

Last edited:
Meharry likes to play with our emotions I see .... we better all get accepted if they’re having us wait this long lol

That’s good that you guys at least got interview. I’m still waiting for interview

Meharry likes to play with our emotions I see .... we better all get accepted if they’re having us wait this long lol

Starting to think Meharry is the boyfriend who promises he'll call but it's been 5 days 16 hours and 41 minutes.... but who's counting lol?

Reactions: 4 users
Starting to think Meharry is the boyfriend who promises he'll call but it's been 5 days 16 hours and 41 minutes.... but who's counting lol?
Starting to think we may be waiting till Monday smh :unsure:

Or next Friday..lol Who knows anymore.
Hmm maybe .... I do know that I received an email from them saying that they won’t have decisions made until “ after” Dec.15 ( this was back in November and at the time I was hoping that he was wrong , but now it’s looking like it may be true) ..... I wonder why they’re treating this cycle so different??

Last edited:
Hmm maybe .... I do know that I received an email from them saying that they won’t have decisions made until “ after” Dec.15 ( this was back in November and at the time I was hoping that he was wrong , but now it’s looking like it may be true) ..... I wonder why they’re treating this cycle so different??
Maybe it’s because they started interviews kind of late. First interview round was october 19th.

An alumni told me that they are having some administration challenges so that could be the hold up. Being the only school that hasn’t notified any students yet is not a good look.

Reactions: 2 users
An alumni told me that they are having some administration challenges so that could be the hold up. Being the only school that hasn’t notified any students yet is not a good look.
Exactly. Howard sent there’s out at midnight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Does anyone know what would make the admissions consider an applicant for the MHS?

Just curious... has anyone else gotten an interview invite?

Hi! Does anyone know what would make the admissions consider an applicant for the MHS?
I heard that if they’re interested in you, but not sure if you can handle the rigor of dental school then you’ll get accepted in the MHS program.

Lol well since we’re all patiently waiting.... what were some pros and cons about Meharry when you interviewed there?
Pros:
-Students seemed happy to be there, and very supportive of each other ( in and out of school)
-lower cost of living compared to other places I’ve been
- sim lab and other facilities looked up- kept and clean

Cons:
- admin seemed slightly unorganized
- I personally had a bad interview with one of my interviewers ( we didn’t mesh AT ALL!)
- being the only school that hasn’t sent anything out is kind of concerning

Lol well since we’re all patiently waiting.... what were some pros and cons about Meharry when you interviewed there?
Pros:
-Students seemed happy to be there, and very supportive of each other ( in and out of school)
-lower cost of living compared to other places I’ve been
- sim lab and other facilities looked up- kept and clean

Cons:
- admin seemed slightly unorganized
- I personally had a bad interview with one of my interviewers ( we didn’t mesh AT ALL!)
- being the only school that hasn’t sent anything out is kind of concerning

Lol right?!

Pros:
- friendly / community service driven environment
- Meharry has a reputation of creating great dentist
- students all seem to be happy and love their school. Also, everyone I met said it’s very much a “family environment”
- the faculty seems to really care about their students
- love the fact that theyre renovating their sim labs and keeping up with some of the new technology
-I love the fact that it’s an HBCU. Very inspiring. Especially being someone who’s gone to PWIs my whole life

Cons:
- Im really disappointed in what’s been going on these last couple of weeks. It’s not so much the fact they haven’t sent out acceptances... it’s the fact that they haven’t communicated with us. That really bothers me!
- No offense, Nashville was nothing that I expected. Gentrification is terrible there. I feel like Nashville is losing its culture and becoming touristy. I’ve spoken to a lot of students and they also don’t like that very much. Also, the people were not that friendly

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been in touch with admissions? My emails were never answered. I feel like Meharry should automatically accept the students they interviewed since they’re making us wait so long. Lol

Has anyone been in touch with admissions? My emails were never answered. I feel like Meharry should automatically accept the students they interviewed since they’re making us wait so long. Lol

Lol facts .... with scholarships!

Thanks! Unfortunately I went with my 2nd choice because I was impatient. Good look to you!!
Congrats ! and thanks for the notification.... lol and I think Meharry might get a lot of that because they did take so long .... best of luck to you

So after 4 months on AADSAS I went from waiting additional information to under review... hopefully that might mean interview soon!!!

So after 4 months on AADSAS I went from waiting additional information to under review... hopefully that might mean interview soon!!!
Mine has been under review since October 5. I got an email yesterday stating they never got my 2x2 picture and my application has been incomplete all this time.

Mine has been under review since October 5. I got an email yesterday stating they never got my 2x2 picture and my application has been incomplete all this time.
Oh wow! Well maybe I should call and follow up that nothing is missing. Thanks!

Oh wow! Well maybe I should call and follow up that nothing is missing. Thanks!
I would, just to be safe. I’m upset with myself for being so passive but hey, maybe my mistake can help someone else. :)

Same! well I was notified earlier this week . I emailed my photo and followed up with a phone call to see if it was received in the correct format in which it was the same format as I sent it on the secondary so im not sure about that ... Nonetheless once I called, the portal updated to "under review" ... so hopefully an interview invite is in the works

Same! well I was notified earlier this week . I emailed my photo and followed up with a phone call to see if it was received in the correct format in which it was the same format as I sent it on the secondary so im not sure about that ... Nonetheless once I called, the portal updated to "under review" ... so hopefully an interview invite is in the works
When you emailed them back, did you include your CAS ID? I did but I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to.

Anymore acceptances? Anyone get a rejection email?

Hey! Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted here! I was wondering if anyone knows when Meharry will be sending out post-December interviews?

Got an interview invite on 12/19! There were 3 interview times/dates on the calendar so it looks like you all are right and they're just behind. I hope this helps someone. Good luck to you all!

Got an interview invite on 12/19! There were 3 interview times/dates on the calendar so it looks like you all are right and they're just behind. I hope this helps someone. Good luck to you all!
When did you apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.