**** The Official MUSC 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last name?
My application had my full name on it. Somewhere in the supplemental MUSC asked what I preferred to be called and I put my nickname. The preferred name is what they shipped my letter under instead of the name I put on my full name.

Members don't see this ad.

My application had my full name on it. Somewhere in the supplemental MUSC asked what I preferred to be called and I put my nickname. The preferred name is what they shipped my letter under instead of the name I put on my full name.
No like what is your last name alphabetically?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody tried calling the school to see if there is anything they can do?

Has anybody tried calling the school to see if there is anything they can do?

No :/ I don't think that they can do anything since its in the hands of UPS now. My parents said they think it will be delivered on Monday since the shipping is technically 2 day air. Also, I don't think anyone is in the office on a saturday.

No :/ I don't think that they can do anything since its in the hands of UPS now. My parents said they think it will be delivered on Monday since the shipping is technically 2 day air. Also, I don't think anyone is in the office on a saturday.
This is true, but if they get delayed even further past Monday then maybe they could call some of us and let us know if these are acceptances or not

This is true, but if they get delayed even further past Monday then maybe they could call some of us and let us know if these are acceptances or not

true, but I know that they only sent their acceptances via UPS and don't send rejections (with interview) until later in the cycle

It's an acceptance letter, the rejection letters go out in April (Ask me how I know) If you got a UPS My Choice notification you are in!

true, but I know that they only sent their acceptances via UPS and don't send rejections (with interview) until later in the cycle
Yes, rejection letters come by regular USPS mail...

are you currently in school or applying? :)
This is my second year applying to MUSC. Last year, I got the USPS letter in April. This year, on Thursday, November 30th, UPS My Choice notified me that I would receive a package from the MUSC College of Dental Medicine on Friday, December 1st. I was notified on Saturday, December 2nd (yesterday) that it was delayed and the rescheduled delivery date is Monday, December 4th (tomorrow). I am certain that it carries the news I want to hear!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This is my second year applying to MUSC. Last year, I got the USPS letter in April. This year, on Thursday, November 30th, UPS My Choice notified me that I would receive a package from the MUSC College of Dental Medicine on Friday, December 1st. I was notified on Saturday, December 2nd (yesterday) that it was delayed and the rescheduled delivery date is Monday, December 4th (tomorrow). I am certain that it carries the news I want to hear!

YAY! CONGRATS!!! Mine was also rescheduled and I am very ready to get the package tomorrow!

GOT MY LETTER!!!! SO excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the real question is....where is the FB group and CONGRATS CDM 2022!! I'm a D1, Out-of-state, and on the ARMY HPSP at MUSC. LMK if you have any questions!!

So the real question is....where is the FB group and CONGRATS CDM 2022!! I'm a D1, Out-of-state, and on the ARMY HPSP at MUSC. LMK if you have any questions!!

Thanks! Who usually starts the Facebook groups?

Congrats everyone!
I'm OOS and have an interview in January.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me about their interview experience and any advice in general? Thank you in advance!

Congrats everyone!
I'm OOS and have an interview in January.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me about their interview experience and any advice in general? Thank you in advance!
My best advice would be to be yourself. Their interview process was really laid back and was more like a conversation rather than an interrogation. It was two thirty minute interviews in total. They give you your schedule that morning. Good luck!!

Do you think when you applied matters if you still interviewed before December 1?

Thanks! Who usually starts the Facebook groups?

I think one of us needs to start it. I know some schools will start one, but I don't think MUSC does. I can create a group if y'all want!

does anyone know when more acceptances will be sent out?

The group is created. Add yourselves! Congrats to everyone!

has anyone heard anything new since Dec 1st?

My best advice would be to be yourself. Their interview process was really laid back and was more like a conversation rather than an interrogation. It was two thirty minute interviews in total. They give you your schedule that morning. Good luck!!
Thank you so much!!

Do you think when you applied matters if you still interviewed before December 1?
I don't think it does. I had a September interview at my state school and was rejected mid-December and waitlisted at an OOS after a late Nov. Interview. It's still based on your stats and a small portion of how well you did on the interview. At least for the two schools that I've been to but I'd say it's more or less to same for all schools after talking with mentors who graduated from many different schools.

Does anyone know if they have sent out any letters since January 1?

Has anyone heard of anymore acceptances being sent out since January 1st?

Has anyone heard of anymore acceptances being sent out since January 1st?
I have not heard, but I spoke to and. Chapman at the beginning of the month and she said they will be sending out more offers throughout the next several weeks. Haven’t heard anything since then though.

I have not heard, but I spoke to and. Chapman at the beginning of the month and she said they will be sending out more offers throughout the next several weeks. Haven’t heard anything since then though.

Some acceptances went out on Monday but still haven’t heard anything yet

Has anyone that interviewed 12/8 heard anything?

Got my letter today, interviewed 11/17.

Has anyone who interviewed on 12/1 heard anything?

Still haven't heard back from them ... ugh. This is so frustrating. I submitted my app in September.

OMG ACCEPTED!!! I've been praying for so long feels like a dream.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Feb. 9th! Just got the call yesterday! Anyone else?

Does anyone know if you get waitlisted will they let you know?

Does anyone know if you get waitlisted will they let you know?
When I was waitlisted, I found out just a couple of weeks after my interview. It came by USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.