**** The Official MUSC 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

AngleClass3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an applicant for the current cycle. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Last year's thread: **** The Official MUSC 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Link to interview prep: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
they do not start sending interviews until september. If you already did the supplemental and click status it says that! they also call to set up the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah Correct, they don't start interviews or even looking at applications until the new incoming class is situated.

Good luck to all the applicants this year!!! I am a first year, so if you have any questions let me know! I am looking forward to seeing you guys at the interviews!!

Good luck to all the applicants this year!!! I am a first year, so if you have any questions let me know! I am looking forward to seeing you guys at the interviews!!
How’s your overall experience been with the school? I’ve heard some awesome things about the Charleston area. Is it really as awesome of a place as it sounds?

How’s your overall experience been with the school? I’ve heard some awesome things about the Charleston area. Is it really as awesome of a place as it sounds?
I grew up going to Charleston, it really is a wonderful place. It has a unique classic charm, great shopping/food, and very safe where MUSC is located. I was very impressed after my tour of the school as well!

I grew up going to Charleston, it really is a wonderful place. It has a unique classic charm, great shopping/food, and very safe where MUSC is located. I was very impressed after my tour of the school as well!
Thanks for answering some questions!
How are you liking school so far? Do D3 and D4 students have an overall happy attitude?

Thanks for answering some questions!
How are you liking school so far? Do D3 and D4 students have an overall happy attitude?
I'm sorry, I should have specified! I am a current applicant. I was able to tour the school during MUSC's Dental Day. I did speak to many students, however, and everyone seems very nice! It felt like a happy school environment.

Anyone have anything other than "none?" based off last year they gave invites on 8/10 but their portal said they would make calls in september?

Anyone have anything other than "none?" based off last year they gave invites on 8/10 but their portal said they would make calls in september?
I have none also.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else's status change on AADSAS today from none to "Received/Application Complete"?

I got an application received/complete email today and my status on AADSAS status changed to that too

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My DAT scores are waiting to be verified so my app says "none" still as well.

Do I have a chance applying here as a NC resident? Since I know they prefer SC residents.

Do I have a chance applying here as a NC resident? Since I know they prefer SC residents.
I would imagine so considering the class is made up of approx 25% OOS

Interview #1
School: MUSC
Notification date: 8/22/19
Method of notification: Phone and Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/06
Application complete date: 8/15
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/21/none below 17
Interview Date: September 27, 2019

Reactions: 6 users
I just received an invite through email from MUSC about their annual Dental Day open house. No interview invite yet. Anyone else get this?

Did anyone else receive an email stating an invite to their open dental house on Oct 11?

I just received an invite through email from MUSC about their annual Dental Day open house. No interview invite yet. Anyone else get this?
Did anyone else receive an email stating an invite to their open dental house on Oct 11?
I received this email as well. No interview invite yet. I have only seen that one person has received an interview invite... has anyone OOS received one?

I did, I realized we posted that at the same time lol. No interview invite either. Seems like a great opportunity to show face, but I am also oos and not sure if its financially possible to do that and then come back again for an interview if one is offered :/

Talk about getting hopes and then having them Dumped. Lol

I got same email

I did, I realized we posted that at the same time lol. No interview invite either. Seems like a great opportunity to show face, but I am also oos and not sure if its financially possible to do that and then come back again for an interview if one is offered :/
Yeah, well I'm IS, so I should probably go to this. I was just wondering if they send this invite to everyone who has applied to the school. Or maybe just more local applicants.

Yeah, well I'm IS, so I should probably go to this. I was just wondering if they send this invite to everyone who has applied to the school. Or maybe just more local applicants.
If it helps, I am an OOS applicant from NC.

I think they send this invitation to all applicants. I'm from Washington ;)

Last edited:
I received this email as well. No interview invite yet. I have only seen that one person has received an interview invite... has anyone OOS received one?
I received an invite call last Wednesday. I’m an Arkansas resident!

Im OOS as well, came straight here to see what was up with the email haha

Just received an invite for 9/13

Good luck to all the applicants! MUSC is amazing and they make the interview process feel like you are at home. Don’t be nervous some of us D1’s will come into the room to answer any questions while we are on break from histology

This is for everyone to enjoy and see how wonderful MUSC is! One of my classmates has created a YouTube channel that shows you what life is like as a dental student and also gives out pointers for interviews!! Feel free to subscribe, hope you enjoy it!

Current dental student here with some advice: I know you will feel awkward and out of your element during your interview day but the best advice I could give would be to talk to those current students who stop by the interview room. Bring questions for them. They will not judge you and they know exactly how it feels to be in your position. In the end, the conversations I had with current students ended up being the factor that pulled me to MUSC over the other schools I got into.
PS- I'd bet this is the most relaxed & fun interview you will ever have!

Have they given any more interviews after that first round?

Are they done sending invites for pre-December interviews?
Nevermind, I answered my own question. I looked at last years thread. It looks like they sent some more out late September-early October.

Nevermind, I answered my own question. I looked at last years thread. It looks like they sent some more out late September-early October.

Do you happen to know the stats for the 2023 class?

Is anyone attending dental day or has anyone attended it in the past? Is it worth it to go?

Is anyone attending dental day or has anyone attended it in the past? Is it worth it to go?
It is always good to show your face around the school if this is your #1 pick. You will get to meet some of the faculty who are on the admissions team. I personally did not do dental day but it does not hurt to do it!

I’ll be there on October 11th as well!

Reactions: 2 users