**** The Official MUSC 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Congrats everyone who got acceptance letters! We should definitely start a group page on Facebook or something!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can work on it in the morning and let y’all know.
Okay I created a private group called “MUSC CDM ‘24” the cover photo is the Ravenel bridge in Charleston. You should be able to request admittance.

Okay I created a private group called “MUSC CDM ‘24” the cover photo is the Ravenel bridge in Charleston. You should be able to request admittance.
Unfortunately I can’t find it!

Anyone else have an interview this Friday? If so, in state or OS? SC resident here.

Unfortunately I can’t find it!
Ahh! I’m sorry! It’s “MUSC CODM ‘24” I just searched it under groups from my boyfriends phone and it came up. If a different name would be easier to search just let me know!

Does anyone know when they send out more acceptances? My insider student told me they send them out in batches about 20-25 per week until January and then the waitlist, has anyone heard anything different? I interviewed October 25th and haven't heard a peep!

Does anyone know when they send out more acceptances? My insider student told me they send them out in batches about 20-25 per week until January and then the waitlist, has anyone heard anything different? I interviewed October 25th and haven't heard a peep!
good stuff. seems like most the people who got letters interviewed in sep/ early oct so far.

*FACEBOOK PAGE* Good Morning y’all! Sorry for the confusion, the Facebook group currently has only 7 members and I know there are more out there, so I’ve decided to change the Facebook group name so anyone just searching on Facebook and not in the forum could find it. If you have not yet joined the name is now “Official MUSC College Of Dental Medicine - Class Of 2024”

Fingers crossed this helps with searching issues!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have not heard anything from school and not even gotten an interview invite, does that mean I am ghosted and rejected? :( My AADSAS status is still received/application completed. I just want to know if I have still a chance to get an interview or not...

MUSC does interviews until February is what it says on their information packet, don't lose hope! They may interview more if people turn down their offered seats.

Reactions: 2 users
*FACEBOOK PAGE* Good Morning y’all! Sorry for the confusion, the Facebook group currently has only 7 members and I know there are more out there, so I’ve decided to change the Facebook group name so anyone just searching on Facebook and not in the forum could find it. If you have not yet joined the name is now “Official MUSC College Of Dental Medicine - Class Of 2024”

Fingers crossed this helps with searching issues!
How many people are in the Facebook group?

I have interview at MUSC 12/13. Was there any difficult / trick or ethical question asked during interview? This is my in-state school and I would do everything put my soul into this interview. If anyone can give insights, I would listen advice:)

I have interview at MUSC 12/13. Was there any difficult / trick or ethical question asked during interview? This is my in-state school and I would do everything put my soul into this interview. If anyone can give insights, I would listen advice:)
Depends on who your interviewers are, I personally had no trick questions but I know someone who had an off-the-wall question like "what ___ would you be and why" could be anything, it's best to be prepared anyways. Of course know "why dentistry?" and I was asked what I would do if I didn't get in this cycle.

Thank you sjsoldner! I heard there's 2 interviewers interviewing me. Do they ask similar question?

Thank you sjsoldner! I heard there's 2 interviewers interviewing me. Do they ask similar question?
Sure thing! Yes, that's correct. Yes, mine asked pretty similar questions. Make sure you have questions for them as well!

you guys think they're gonna send out more tomorrow??

I got asked “Why not med school ?” And my favorite Disney character! Those were 2 that were kinda different and unexpected

Hey guys, congrats on your acceptances! MUSC is an awesome place and you'll love it. And for those of you waiting/interviewing - there's still a lot of time left so stay hopeful. Current dental student here procrastinating finals so if you guys have any questions ask me anything!

Hey guys, congrats on your acceptances! MUSC is an awesome place and you'll love it. And for those of you waiting/interviewing - there's still a lot of time left so stay hopeful. Current dental student here procrastinating finals so if you guys have any questions ask me anything!
Do you know when they will send out more interviews? I would love to get an interview there! Is there anything I can do to help?!

Do you know when they will send out more interviews? I would love to get an interview there! Is there anything I can do to help?!

This Friday 12/13 is the last interview of the calendar year and then they'll continue sending out invites throughout January/February. If you really really want to go here, it never hurts to give admissions a call and let them know!

This Friday 12/13 is the last interview of the calendar year and then they'll continue sending out invites throughout January/February. If you really really want to go here, it never hurts to give admissions a call and let them know!
Do you know when they are sending out more acceptances? Would you recommend sending in a letter of intent soon?

Do you know when they are sending out more acceptances? Would you recommend sending in a letter of intent soon?

I don't have an exact date, but likely right before Christmas and then not again until January (if they're on the same schedule as years prior). They'll send out acceptances really all the way until the end of the cycle so don't panic if you don't hear anything. If you interviewed before December 1st and didn't hear anything, it doesn't mean you're out of luck. You're still in the pool for consideration and in a pretty good spot to be honest - just gotta be patient for a little longer. Rejection letters usually come out by the end of February and the waitlist will be formulated around then too.

As far as a letter of intent, I'll leave that one up to you since there's not really a right answer to that. I don't think you'd be frowned upon whether you sent it now or later...but keep in mind the class is continually being filled.

Interviewed on 12/6. Got my UPS My Choice notification today! In state applicant.

Got my UPS notification today!!! Man-tears flowin lol!! Instate and excited to see yall in June.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
yea im down here in beaufort. so urs is probably a day or two further i would guess

Got my UPS notification today!!! Man tears flowin lol!! Instate and excited to see yall in June.
Congratulations!!! Take time to relax and enjoy the free time before anatomy kicks in during the summer!!

Is it true MUSC has started sending out waitlist letters?

Interviewed 12/6
Accepted 12/14
OOS

I can't wait to meet you all in June!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a UPS update, but it was my package from amazon:(

still patiently waiting

cGPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.75
DAT AA: 19
Interviewed Nov 22
IS

Sorry to ask these questions again, but...

How many people are in the Facebook group now?

Does anyone know when is the last February interview date?