The Official MUSC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Aal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Please post everything about your journey to Charleston's Bee street.

The supplemental application is now live, you could access it at this link: http://www.musc.edu/es/application/dent/index.shtml

you'll be required to fill out some basic info and pay $95 processing fee with a credit card or electronic check.

Interviews won't start until September, so you won't see many posts here for a while,

Good Luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey have you filled out the MUSC supp yet? I was wondering if we need to send an additional college transcript just to their school? It says that in the directions, but I wasn't sure since we are already having to send that through AASDAS? ALSO, where it says to list scores for like the DAT, MCAT etc. do we need to input our scores for the SAT? I don't even remember my breakdown, but I do remember my score.....

Thanks

Yes, I finished the supplement app, and no you do not need to send additional transcripts if already submitted to AADSAS, but you could submit additional LOE's to the school. After submitting the app they will send an email with a form for future planned courses if you're taking any. It does not say list your scores anywhere on the supplemental application so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The section where it says to list your high school and college. Underneath it there are blank spaces
For test scores . You left that blank?

Oh, I graduated from an international high school therefore I don't have the score section on my application. My guess will be to fill it with SAT scores.

So after submitting the supplemental, I received an email that said "You will also be receiving an email from the Admissions office with instructions on what to do next and how to check your application status from this point forward." Has anyone received this email yet? It has been a couple of weeks since I submitted the supplemental. Thanks!

EDIT: I did receive an email IMMEDIATELY after the one you mentioned, it has a link to College Net and when you enter your email and userid it gives info about the LOE,DAT, supp app, and AADSAS

Last edited:
So after submitting the supplemental, I received an email that said "You will also be receiving an email from the Admissions office with instructions on what to do next and how to check your application status from this point forward." Has anyone received this email yet? It has been a couple of weeks since I submitted the supplemental. Thanks!
I haven't received that email yet, but I assumed it was supposed to contain the planned courses form as the only thing that we actually have to send to MUSC. I found the form, filled it out and sent it anyway. Did anyone outside of us two receive an email with that form included?

I am getting the feeling MUSC doesn't, but does anyone know for sure whether they send e-mails confirming their reciept your AADSAS application? So far it seems 90% of the schools do and my concern is whether I need to contact AADSAS and ask them to send another copy.

No they do not, if you get the second email it will have a link to "CollegeNet" where you could check if they received your AADSAS. I was 1st batch and on CollegeNet it says that my "national app" was received on 07/11

No they do not, if you get the second email it will have a link to "CollegeNet" where you could check if they received your AADSAS. I was 1st batch and on CollegeNet it says that my "national app" was received on 07/11

I had not recieved a second e-mail from them and on CollegeNet I could not find where it indicates that my national app was recieved. Thank you for your response though. Prior to it I had sent an e-mail to Mr. Liner inquiring if they had recieved my AADSAS and he responded that they had everything (AADSAS and secondary) and my application was ready to be reviewed. :)

I had not recieved a second e-mail from them and on CollegeNet I could not find where it indicates that my national app was recieved. Thank you for your response though. Prior to it I had sent an e-mail to Mr. Liner inquiring if they had recieved my AADSAS and he responded that they had everything (AADSAS and secondary) and my application was ready to be reviewed. :)

Where can I find the email for Mr. Liner?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ever get a collegenet iD# ??

I'm trying to check my status but can't figure out how to do it or where ..

What was in the second email besides the link to check the progress of your application?
I never received it, but got my assigned 8 digit code from the MUSC admissions login help service.

Last edited:
This is the email

Dear Aal

Thank you for applying to the Dental Medicine program for the
Summer 2014 term. From this time on, we will be available to
assist you with information and provide support throughout the remainder
of the admission process.

We have provided a link to downloadable forms in a PDF format that offer
you a convenient way to generate the supporting materials that will
complete your application. There is no additional cost associated with
submitting any additional forms or materials.

If you are a re-applicant and wish to reuse any reference forms submitted from
the previous application cycle, you must make that request in writing.
We will accept an email stating your request. We will not
automatically reuse previously sent reference forms.
You may reuse the reference form for two consecutive application cycles only.

You can access this site by going to
http://www.musc.edu/es/app_pdf/DD_DMD.pdf

Send any additional forms to Enrollment Services at the address shown at the end of this email.

You will be able to check the progress of your application throughout the
process by going to
http://www.musc.edu/es/application/progress.html

then they give you your access ID here

I received a package in the mail with a letter telling me to check my application status anytime and it also included a travelers guide booklet for Charleston SC. Anyone else receive this??

I received a package in the mail with a letter telling me to check my application status anytime and it also included a travelers guide booklet for Charleston SC. Anyone else receive this??

Are you OOS?

I guess they're sending these packets to OOS only, I'm in-state and did not get a packet. MUSC's most appealing factor is its location in Charleston and they are trying to capitalize on it.

I guess they're sending these packets to OOS only, I'm in-state and did not get a packet. MUSC's most appealing factor is its location in Charleston and they are trying to capitalize on it.

Must be. I am hoping to get an interview there soon and I got excited because I thought it was an interview acceptance packet. So if you get a packet from MUSC beware... :eek:

Did anyone else get a call from MUSC admissions? I missed a call from them and they never left a message... :( wonder why

Did anyone else get a call from MUSC admissions? I missed a call from them and they never left a message... :( wonder why

There are 2 possible answers:

1. Your application was missing something and they were trying to contact you about it.

2. YOU GOT AN INTERVIEW. (due to your stellar stats, this would be the correct answer)

Let's hope they call again tomorrow, if they do not then call Mr.Liner.

Good Luck

September 6th, who's with me??

When did y'all send in your aadsas app? Where y'all in the first batches?

I was 1st batch 6/28

Applying to MUSC also! Submitted my aadsas application on July 1st. Submitted my supplemental application on July 14th.

AADSAS was completed and finalized by the 12th of June and then mailed to MUSC on the 28th of June ..and supplemental was received by MUSC on the 11th of July.

Very excited to head down there in a few weeks; however, I'm trying to ward of any nerves before then :)

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what kind of questions there going to ask or if it's just
Going to be more conversational!!! Eeek getting nervous!

the interview is very relaxed and conversational, they only asks basic questions like "tell us about yourself" and "why dentistry" the only question that I was not prepared for was "tell us about a leadership experience"

Have you interviewed at MUSC before Aal? And thanks!!!

Have you interviewed at MUSC before Aal? And thanks!!!

I did interviewed last cycle but towards the very end of the cycle, unfortunately I was not accepted. This time I'm their very first interview :thumbup:

I'm planning on taking microbiology but I was curious if the lab is required too for musc??

Interview scheduled for Oct. 4th!

Anybody want to share their DAT scores/ GPA's? Just re-took the DAT yesterday, and hoping for an interview now that they will have my scores in.

20 AA / 21 TS / 23 PAT
3.81 overall GPA
3.76 science GPA

Last edited: