The Official MUSC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Nope. I wrote him back and asked why I did not make the alternate list. His assumption was that I must have gotten in somewhere else that I wanted to go to. I did get in at NYU, but when it came time to put down the deposit, I turned them down, hoping (and feeling pretty certain) that I would get into MUSC. I don't regret turning down NYU, but I was very surprised that I didn't make the alternate list. Maybe he will put me on the list as the result of my letter? idk :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks! I have a question or two about anyone OOS who has applied to MUSC. I'm from NC (and of course I also plan to apply to my two state schools). Is MUSC a school that prefers regional OOS students? I know they aren't super friendly to OOS applicants, but will it make a difference that I'm in NC? On another note, does MUSC give in state tuition to students after a certain period, or are you pretty stuck for the duration of your education?

Love MUSC, Charleston and my enormous family down in SC.

Hey folks! I have a question or two about anyone OOS who has applied to MUSC. I'm from NC (and of course I also plan to apply to my two state schools). Is MUSC a school that prefers regional OOS students? I know they aren't super friendly to OOS applicants, but will it make a difference that I'm in NC? On another note, does MUSC give in state tuition to students after a certain period, or are you pretty stuck for the duration of your education?

Love MUSC, Charleston and my enormous family down in SC.

I don't believe that MUSC admission committee prefer regional OOS over other OOS. MUSC now accepts around 20 OOS so you have a good chance of getting in. In my interview, Dr. Javed said that if you start school as OOS you will stay like this for the rest of the four years. I hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off the alternate list yet? And those of you that are on the alternate list what does your aadsas status say?

My status still says Wait Listed. I hope there is some movement soon. May is right around the corner :nailbiting:

I was just accepted off of the alternate list (in state), best of luck to the rest of you waiting to hear back.

I was just accepted off of the alternate list (in state), best of luck to the rest of you waiting to hear back.
Congratulation for your acceptance!!! I hope everyone gets good news soon....

Successful applicants - Can anyone comment on how strict MUSC is regarding getting three references from natural science professors? Currently, I have two science professors and a dentist and want to know if this will be acceptable.

Successful applicants - Can anyone comment on how strict MUSC is regarding getting three references from natural science professors? Currently, I have two science professors and a dentist and want to know if this will be acceptable.

Got accepted with 2 science professors' LORs and one from a dentist.

Reactions: 1 user