The Official MUSC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Started by Aal
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was an acceptance! I'm in!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I'm sure out-of-staters will be getting packages in the next day or two.



Thank you! No, I'm in-state.

So it really was a package? Kind of confused why I just got a letter...
 
Got my interview invite yesterday around 4pm! I am so excited, MUSC is my first choice and I love the Charleston area. I will be interviewing on the 24th of January. Anybody else interviewing that day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I picked up the package myself. I'm instate. I interviewed on the first of November. I cannot explain how happy I am. I wanted this more than anything.
 
Dr. Javed called me this afternoon around 3:30pm. I literally cannot believe it! Honestly, not sure why he called me but very excited! OOS
 
Got my interview invite yesterday around 4pm! I am so excited, MUSC is my first choice and I love the Charleston area. I will be interviewing on the 24th of January. Anybody else interviewing that day?

I am! just got the call today I'm very exicited. Any advice from others who interviewed?
 
I'm instate and also interviewed December 6th, but received my acceptance this afternoon. Good luck to everyone else who applied!
 
For those of you who have been accepted and have mailed off your deposit, how long after its delivery did you receive an email from MUSC? My deposit was delivered on the 23rd. Just wondering when to expect an email.
 
yes, an email from Dr.Liner confirming the deposit and indicating that orientation package will be sent in April/May. you might have to wait on the conformation email until after new year's day
 
Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted to MUSC!! I wish I was you!

Is anyone else interviewing this Friday, January 10th?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MUSC is not showing up on my AADSAS School Decision tab...I interviewed and everything. Anyone else have this happen?
 
Just wanted to let those waiting on an acceptance know that I will be declining my acceptance to MUSC. Hopefully that will open a spot for someone soon! (OOS)
 
Hope 2014 is treating everyone beautifully so far!

I was curious if anyone in-state has been accepted this month or knows someone in-state who has been accepted this month?
 
Hope 2014 is treating everyone beautifully so far!

I was curious if anyone in-state has been accepted this month or knows someone in-state who has been accepted this month?

I've been wondering the same! The wait feels like foreverrrrr when you want something so much. There's no point in stressing though:corny:
 
They should be sending rejection letters soon... I do not know nothing about how many students are committed so far, the only indication is the FB group and it only have half of the class size.
 
So I emailed Bill Liner this weekend since I was getting antsy and he emailed me back today. He says the class is not yet filled and they still have interviews this month, so people like myself should hear back within 3-4 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection letter came in the mail yesterday :/ I'm in-state. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
 
Last edited:
Got a letter for the alternate list today, I suppose that means the rest of those waiting should hear back sometime soon


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
 
I too got a letter for the alternate list on Friday. I guess that means the hope is still somewhat alive.. :shrug:
 
Got a rejection letter today. I know I'm out-of-state, but I thought that a 23AA/22PAT and 3.84 GPA would kind of erase the weight of that factor! That has to be the most disappointing letter I have ever opened in my whole life. The worst part of it was that when I opened the mailbox I knew exactly what that letter was. 🙁 I might be applying again...
 
Got a rejection letter today. I know I'm out-of-state, but I thought that a 23AA/22PAT and 3.84 GPA would kind of erase the weight of that factor! That has to be the most disappointing letter I have ever opened in my whole life. The worst part of it was that when I opened the mailbox I knew exactly what that letter was. 🙁 I might be applying again...
I got the letter too, but Dr. Javed wrote that I am placed on the alternate list. Did you get the alternate list too?