~The Official NMAT results thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here, I need to earn money para makabayad ng tuition ngayong second sem. Pero ok lang, if there's a will there's a way, I really want to pursue medicine kaya kahit mahirap ok lang. Are you taking the NMAT this december?

Wow super cheap nun ah. Haven't inquired sa MSA yet, nakita ko lang sa brochure nila ung amount. I'll find the brochure para mabigay ko sa'yo ung number, medyo namiss place ko eh.

I inquired sa UP, ang enrollment ng uniter like me is on November 3 daw.

uniter?

Yeah, actually cheap yung review at 5K pero, yun nga lang, mas kilala yung Brains at MSA. Grabe, medyo nawawala confidence ko huhu i went to NBS and tried answering an MSA reviewer, ok ako sa 1st part kaso soplak ako sa Science part.. i really need to study.

kelan daw start ng enlistment for grads taking non-credit courses in UP?

Members don't see this ad.

sorry, i mean for non-degree students, enrollment is on nov. 3. classes starts on nov 7.

I'm rushing to find a new job that will give me time for studies na nga eh. I'm really determined to enroll this second sem.

I saw in one of the threads here, sa FEU daw binalik ung pre-req subjects, gosh so kelangan talagang makuha ko lahat ng required units. at least ikaw you had math units back in college, ako talaga wala :(. I'm hoping to get in sa UP CM and PLM because of cheap tuition fees.

Mag-eenroll ka ba this sem?

sorry, i mean for non-degree students, enrollment is on nov. 3. classes starts on nov 7.

I'm rushing to find a new job that will give me time for studies na nga eh. I'm really determined to enroll this second sem.

I saw in one of the threads here, sa FEU daw binalik ung pre-req subjects, gosh so kelangan talagang makuha ko lahat ng required units. at least ikaw you had math units back in college, ako talaga wala :(. I'm hoping to get in sa UP CM and PLM because of cheap tuition fees.

Mag-eenroll ka ba this sem?

I just might. Gusto ko talaga kaso di ko mabring up bring up sa parents ko hehe.. wala ako kebs sa FEU ke ibalik nila pre-req dahil yoko sa kanila.. grabe manggastas sa tuition! haha. di pa naman ako milyonaryo. haha

anyways, may pre-work daw ba before Nov3 para sa mga non-degree?

Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that most med schools don't require pre-req subjects/units nowadays? what schools don't require pre-req subjects/units?

i'll take the NMAT this december. i really want to pursue med by next year, but the prob is that my school did not offer biology and botany to us. argh!

btw, is MSA a good review center?

is it true that most med schools don't require pre-req subjects/units nowadays? what schools don't require pre-req subjects/units?

i'll take the NMAT this december. i really want to pursue med by next year, but the prob is that my school did not offer biology and botany to us. argh!

Most med schools are no longer strict with pre-req subjects. Few exception includes PLM and based on rumors FEU. It also depends on their admits as there are fewer applicants nowadays.

Doc, do you think that La Salle or UST would consider a prospective med student who doesn't have the required number of credits/units? I visited the UST website a few months ago and saw the list of requirements, (e.g. 15 credits of Biology, 10 credits of Chemistry, etc..) They might make the acceptance provisional until the completion of such courses is met. I'm quite worried myself, as I have to take extra courses (subjects) just to comply with this requirement, and I don't think it's possible since I'm graduating in spring and my major fills my entire course load (P.S. I don't think it's worth the time to get delayed for a year just to take extra Biology and Social Sciences courses.) Any thoughts on this?

the UST website is not updated. better to call the office personally (or ask help from relatives here, if you're based in the USA) if they're still strict regarding the number of credits/units. goodluck!

better ask each of your target schools personally kung required pa rin ba ngayon yung pre-req subjects/units. i'm not familiar which schools are still strict about it, which are not.

ayos naman sa MSA. before the reviews are scheduled whole every sunday for 1-2 months 'ata, covering all areas in the NMAT. went there years ago. haha!

better ask each of your target schools personally kung required pa rin ba ngayon yung pre-req subjects/units. i'm not familiar which schools are still strict about it, which are not.

ayos naman sa MSA. before the reviews are scheduled whole every sunday for 1-2 months 'ata, covering all areas in the NMAT. went there years ago. haha!

Doc, would you have an idea if UP CM accepts 25+ age applicants? I might take Med pa kasi at that age na. hay... there's a work abroad oppty for me kasi right now.. any insights?

Doc, would you have an idea if UP CM accepts 25+ age applicants? I might take Med pa kasi at that age na. hay... there's a work abroad oppty for me kasi right now.. any insights?

i'm not sure.

UP CM has the HIGHEST competition for admission. you should have an NMAT score of high 90's (kung 99, the better), should have graduated with high honors, and you should know someone (preferably a MD) who practises in PGH.

I just might. Gusto ko talaga kaso di ko mabring up bring up sa parents ko hehe.. wala ako kebs sa FEU ke ibalik nila pre-req dahil yoko sa kanila.. grabe manggastas sa tuition! haha. di pa naman ako milyonaryo. haha

anyways, may pre-work daw ba before Nov3 para sa mga non-degree?

wala naman nasabi kung may pre-work pa.

UPCM and PLM have low tuition fees, kaya lang sobrang hirap makapasok sa UPCM and PLM is so strict about pre-req subjects.

hey i just wanna clarify about the percentile rank in nmat.

do u guys need to get at least 10 mistakes in the exam to be able to get a 90% score? (or like for example have only 1 mistake to get a 99%?)

OR r u ranked according to another person's score who got the highest?

can anyone please explain further?thanks so much.:D

how many mistakes can u only make to get a 90% and above score?
im confused about how the scores are made...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i just wanna clarify about the percentile rank in nmat.

do u guys need to get at least 10 mistakes in the exam to be able to get a 90% score? (or like for example have only 1 mistake to get a 99%?)

OR r u ranked according to another person's score who got the highest?

can anyone please explain further?thanks so much.:D

Hahaha....bone up on your statistics before you take the NMAT or start med school. Percent and percentile are not the same.

A 99 percentile means you scored higher than 99% of the people that took the exam. And 99% means you got most of the questions correct.

But 99 percentile doesn't mean too much if all the people who took the exam with you were idiots. It's possible to get most of the questions wrong but still score at the 99 percentile.

u know "Saipan",while i appreciate ur taking time to answer my dumb-blonde question,i really don't need ur sarcasm:D ur just so glad that perhaps the people who took the test with u were idiots huh?hail,oh mighty.

and oh,id definitely bone up on my statistics dont worry.

Doc, some questions .. would you recommend that I take NMAT this December already? Im a Business graduate and I have no pre-med subjects. I would need to spend at least a year of taking preferred science subjects prior to entering Med school.

I'm sure I would not get 90+ in NMAT this December '08 because I have very poor science background. However, I want to take exam just for a try. If I flunk it, would it affect my next NMAT and my application to the school I want to get into (which has a 90+ percentile requirement)?

Thanks, Doc. :)

wala naman nasabi kung may pre-work pa.

UPCM and PLM have low tuition fees, kaya lang sobrang hirap makapasok sa UPCM and PLM is so strict about pre-req subjects.

hey Gabby, have you enrolled na ba? Di naman kaya tayo mahirapan kumuha ng subjects. In UP kasi, mahirap kumuha ng slots sa mga in-demand subjects. Freshmen, graduating and varsity players are prioritized. Panu tayong mga walang degree? hehe ..naisip ko lang. :)

Doc, some questions .. would you recommend that I take NMAT this December already? Im a Business graduate and I have no pre-med subjects. I would need to spend at least a year of taking preferred science subjects prior to entering Med school.

I'm sure I would not get 90+ in NMAT this December '08 because I have very poor science background. However, I want to take exam just for a try. If I flunk it, would it affect my next NMAT and my application to the school I want to get into (which has a 90+ percentile requirement)?

Thanks, Doc. :)
Take some NMAT review courses that are available. Unless you are aiming at UP, most schools are no longer strict with NMAT scores. There are very few subjects that can really prepare you for REAL med school (not just NMAT). Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry, or some subjects that require you to use the microscope like Embryology.
In med school even Bio majors will have a hard time due to the volume of information to be processed.

Not yet. Oo nga, that's may question too! :D Pero let's try pa din, there's no harm in trying naman di ba, kung wala ...bahala na...:laugh: baka magreview ako sa MSA for NMAT or magtry ako sa ibang school. I don't want to risk my 1 chance in NMAT din kasi eh. I'm planning to go to PLM CM kasi sana para lower tuition fees.:)

hey Gabby, have you enrolled na ba? Di naman kaya tayo mahirapan kumuha ng subjects. In UP kasi, mahirap kumuha ng slots sa mga in-demand subjects. Freshmen, graduating and varsity players are prioritized. Panu tayong mga walang degree? hehe ..naisip ko lang. :)

u know "Saipan",while i appreciate ur taking time to answer my dumb-blonde question,i really don't need ur sarcasm:D ur just so glad that perhaps the people who took the test with u were idiots huh?hail,oh mighty.

and oh,id definitely bone up on my statistics dont worry.

You're welcome....I think. Although I suspect you are one of those people who want answers to their questions to come with a free upsize.

You don't appreciate the tone of my reply? Too bad!!! I mean, did anybody else answer your question.

Not yet. Oo nga, that's may question too! :D Pero let's try pa din, there's no harm in trying naman di ba, kung wala ...bahala na...:laugh: baka magreview ako sa MSA for NMAT or magtry ako sa ibang school. I don't want to risk my 1 chance in NMAT din kasi eh. I'm planning to go to PLM CM kasi sana para lower tuition fees.:)

will the application to your preferred school be affected if re-take ang NMAT to meet their score requirement?

will the application to your preferred school be affected if re-take ang NMAT to meet their score requirement?

I think this is a pretty valid question - do schools look only at the highest NMAT scores for retakers or do they look at the whole testing history when making a decision? Can anyone provide some feedback based on personal experience?

Do they give us a periodic table ? for the chemistry section a few questions you really need it.

To those that took the test last Saturday, how do you think you guys did?

To those that took the test last Saturday, how do you think you guys did?

Part 1 of the test I think I did well. Mainly test taking strategy in that part.

Part 2 of the test was a little rough. Not much basic physics/chem in there. I was strong in the biology part.
Social Sciences was mostly narrowing down 50/50 best fit answer.
Physics I liked how they put v=ir f=ma content, but didn't like when they put point charge and modern physics e=mc^2 in the test.
Chemistry a lot of alpha particle questions, or maybe I am just traumatized by them asking it lol.
I'm surprised a lot of people finished part 2 early, overall i thought it was hard.
However part 2 of the test not much calculation at all, mostly conceptual. And not needing to memorize periodic table was a good thing.

In conclusion I don't know how I stand because this test is based on competition against other students (percentile). I'm hoping for at least a 70%.

How about you hawkeye?

Last edited:
Part 1 of the test I think I did well. Mainly test taking strategy in that part.

Part 2 of the test was a little rough. Not much basic physics/chem in there. I was strong in the biology part.
Social Sciences was mostly narrowing down 50/50 best fit answer.
Physics I liked how they put v=ir f=ma content, but didn't like when they put point charge and modern physics e=mc^2 in the test.
Chemistry a lot of alpha particle questions, or maybe I am just traumatized by them asking it lol.
I'm surprised a lot of people finished part 2 early, overall i thought it was hard.
However part 2 of the test not much calculation at all, mostly conceptual. And not needing to memorize periodic table was a good thing.

In conclusion I don't know how I stand because this test is based on competition against other students (percentile). I'm hoping for at least a 70%.

How about you hawkeye?

I think I did well on Part I although I didn't finish the Hidden Figures section of Perceptual Acuity. I was pressed for time so I just started bubbling in all C's for those 12 or so questions.

For part II, I actually thought I would do better in Biology than the other sections, especially since it was my major, but I actually had an easier time with Physics and Chem and made an educated guess every once in a while on each section (especially Social Science).

Yeah, I was surprised a lot people finished 45 minutes early. I kept glancing around the room and it seemed like 3/4 of the people were gone at the time I turned in my test (I didn't stay the whole time either, I left with 10 minutes to spare, but I did take my time and even followed the "suggested time" for each section). Mmm, either those people breezed through Part II of the test or they just gave up. Since scores will be based on a curve, a part of me hopes it's the latter. =P

Last edited:
hey guys, I would take NMAT this coming December 2008, I really need some pointers and tips? since having a high NMAT score could give me a possibility for a scholarship or being admitted to a cheaper med school. I would really appreciate it a lot. thanks:)

NMAT will be starting on dec.14. and i've been reading replies from those who took the test in CA that the test is just fine.is it really true?

any tips? do i need to focus on a particular subject in test 2? argh! i feel like i'm not yet ready!

kinakabahan na ako... nakapagreview na ako, pero kinakabahan pa rin ako.:scared:

When are results coming out?! It's been four weeks, I'm getting impatient. :scared:

it has been a week. argh! i'm already getting anxious. how was the NMAT for those who took it both in the phils and US?

the UST website is not updated. better to call the office personally (or ask help from relatives here, if you're based in the USA) if they're still strict regarding the number of credits/units. goodluck!

2nd that!!! Call or visit them:)

Incoming med school student this June (hopefully)
Took the NMAT April 2008 and luckily scraped a 96% pero that still wasn't enough to guarantee a spot sa UPCM. I guess, my mediocre performance as a bio major sa UPD is to blame.....

To those who will take the NMAT this April, the best of luck, don't just aim for a 50 percentile rank, aim for 100 para may space for some errors along the way.....

Tips, tips, tips.....
Science - focus on bio and chem (just the basics will do)

Math - Sisiw..... arithmetic and some geometric progressions and series

Perceptual acuity - Pinakamababa ko, sobrang nakakaduling, talo ang mga malabo ang mata

Social Science - Psychology and Sociology, focus on defense mechanisms and Freudian psychology (ung mga stages of development)

Guys hindi imposible maka 99%, sa batch ko, when we took the NMAT, only a handful got scores lower than 90, sila yung mga talagang nagstruggle sa batch namin, and truth be told, ang tingin pa nga ng mga batchmates ko sa mga taong nakalower than 97% tulad ko eh mediocre (OUCH)

Minalas lang talaga at di nakaabot sa UPCM, setting my sights on Fatima, and I'm about to take the full scholarship exam on April 18:)

Myth:the "curve" thingy for the NMAT score

Truth:your NMAT percentile rank will depend on how well or how poorly your scores compare with respect to the rest of the examinees

In short, if you get a 90 overall percentile rank, it only means that you belong to the upper 10% of all NMAT takers or take it the other way around, your scores are higher than 90% of all NMAT examinees

Our major enemy is our nerves, if you let it get the best of you, for sure, you would not be able to finish the exam, let alone get a high score:D

And there is no 100 percentile rank. highest rank is 99+ (and lowest ay 1-... yes, may nakakakuha niyan sa NMAT).

ilang beses ka lang pedeng mag-take ng nmat?

ano na cut off score na required ng feu at ue? feu = 40%, ue = 55%?

please do answer my query. :(

ilang beses ka lang pedeng mag-take ng nmat?

ano na cut off score na required ng feu at ue? feu = 40%, ue = 55%?

please do answer my query. :(

kahit ilang beses puwede kang magtake.

UERM cut-off is 55% this year. dunno kung magbabago yun sa SY 2010-2011.

95% baby!! WHO DA MAN! (yeah my humility is like 12%)
i was just wondering, how does the NMAT work? is the 95% the score you got from the exam, or is it your national placement? meaning you belong to the top 5% of the total number of NMAT takers?

oops, sorry. nasagot na pala question ko in earlier posts. ;]