2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My flight leaves at 6pm, do you guys think that's enough time? They said interviews usually go until 5 pm but in past threads Ive read they can end earlier.

MIA: Nearly impossible
FLL: If you end early

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys fill out the supplemental right after you finished the AADSAS application, or did you wait for an email?

Just received an interview invite! My app was completed on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview invite
-via email on 7/18
-NC resident
-nova supplement sent 7/13
-aadsas status: invited for interview
-AA/TS/RC/QR/PAT/below 17 -- 22/20/27/23/18/none
-overall gpa 3.77
-letter of recommendation/committee letter has not been sent yet.
-interview 9/7

Note: Last cycle I had a friend apply (18 AA) who received an invite around November for an interview in early January/late December, if I remember correctly (it was very late in the process; also note: she didn't get in). If you aren't hearing now I wouldn't freak out, there is plenty of time and it's "rolling admissions" for a reason. Goodluck alllllllll

Last edited:
First Interview :soexcited:
-via email on 7/18
-DE Resident
-nova supplemental sent 7/13
-aadsas status: received/under review
-phone call confirmation: 7/14
-AA/TS/RC/QR/PAT/below 17 -- 20/20/22/18/20/none
-overall gpa 3.44
-interview 9/6

Wishing the best to all!

I'm guessing the people who had the application confirmation call more than a week ago are not getting an interview considering there seems to be a week or less response time between phone calls and interviews?

I know I am just wondering because everyone seems to have a week or less time frame between their validation calls and their interviews.
I understand that but there are also plenty of people who submit their applications in July and receive interviews well into the fall.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How does it work exactly for applicants who got the confirmation call late June but havnt gotten invited yet. Will they ever go back and assess the late June applicant pile or do they just continue moving forward with most recent applicants?

How does it work exactly for applicants who got the confirmation call late June but havnt gotten invited yet. Will they ever go back and assess the late June applicant pile or do they just continue moving forward with most recent applicants?

No one knows how they work. All you can do is hope.

I'm guessing the people who had the application confirmation call more than a week ago are not getting an interview considering there seems to be a week or less response time between phone calls and interviews?
I received an interview invite a little over 2 weeks after the phone call.

Thank you Chip Skylark you came in clutch

4cc03a73471f6a14d9605b7acd5508fe.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Where do you find the Supplemental App for NOVA? Please could someone post the link? Thanks!

Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 7/19
Method of notification: email
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall) 2.96 sGPA, 3.04 oGPA, 3.85 masters GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/none

Same...my status on AADSAS didn't change until about a week ago though. So I'm hoping they are just still processing everyone :(

You are not the only one. I have quite a few schools under review since late June. I feel like there is some randomization to the process just based on some of the posts. Again, no one truly knows how it all works. As long as you haven't received a rejection, you are in good hands.

You are not the only one. I have quite a few schools under review since late June. I feel like there is some randomization to the process just based on some of the posts. Again, no one truly knows how it all works. As long as you haven't received a rejection, you are in good hands.

Ya and if it means anything my status changed to under review around a week ago as well. But I heard nova sends rejection snail mail so I'm worried it could just be on the way :/

Ya and if it means anything my status changed to under review around a week ago as well. But I heard nova sends rejection snail mail so I'm worried it could just be on the way :/
I know how you feel. I was feeling discouraged all day. But you do have to keep in mind that it is still early in the game. Be positive because there is going to be at least one school out there that recognizes your accomplishments.

Reactions: 2 users
I know how you feel. I was feeling discouraged all day. But you do have to keep in mind that it is still early in the game. Be positive because there is going to be at least one school out there that recognizes your accomplishments.
Thanks a lot :) Really appreciate this dude

The NOVA Supplemental application says this....
"If you have not submitted an AADSAS Application as of December 1, 2016, please do not complete this application. I understand that if I have not submitted a AADSAS Application as of December 1, 2016 and continue with this application I will be charged a non-refundable $50.00 application fee, however my application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for admission" What does this mean?

The NOVA Supplemental application says this....
"If you have not submitted an AADSAS Application as of December 1, 2016, please do not complete this application. I understand that if I have not submitted a AADSAS Application as of December 1, 2016 and continue with this application I will be charged a non-refundable $50.00 application fee, however my application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for admission" What does this mean?

Think another person mentioned this already. But it's most likely just not updated they meant 2017.

Just got an invite this morning! I'll probably schedule later tonight when I can compare flights on the different weekends.

Residency: UT
Application in 6/7, complete 6/15
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.62
DAT: 21AA, 22BIO, 20GC, 23OC, 22TS, 23RC, 23PAT, 17QR

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an invite this morning! I'll probably schedule later tonight when I can compare flights on the different weekends.

Residency: UT
Application in 6/7, complete 6/15
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.62
DAT: 21AA, 22BIO, 20GC, 23OC, 22TS, 23RC, 23PAT, 17QR

you completed june 15th and got an invite today. So I guess that means they still go back to the older files.

you completed june 15th and got an invite today. So I guess that means they still go back to the older files.
Yeah, who knows what order they're actually going in.

Received an interview a few hours ago! Got the application complete call on Monday. FL resident.

First interview of the cycle!
School: Nova
Notification date: 7/21 via email
Residency: WI
AADSAS complete date: 7/2
Application complete date: 7/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.85-s, 3.89-o
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/22/none

The big day is Friday, October 6. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing some of you there!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview on July 21st without LOR was complete July 18th. Good luck to everyone!

Reapplicants Only: What have you been doing since your last application to NSU's College of Dental Medicine?

Reapplicants Only: What changes in your application make you a more competitive candidate?

Can't understand why they have 2 similar questions. How are we supposed to differentiate these?

How should I answer the "List all the courses you're currently taking/planning to take in the future..." questions on the supplemental if I'm neither taking any courses right now nor in the future (I already graduated with a Master's :oops:)? Just put "N/A"?

How should I answer the "List all the courses you're currently taking/planning to take in the future..." questions on the supplemental if I'm neither taking any courses right now nor in the future (I already graduated with a Master's :oops:)? Just put "N/A"?

"N/A" sounds about right. Pretty sure it's geared towards juniors in undergrad or if you still need to meet specific class requirements before matriculation.

Just got an interview! Only October dates available. Be patient guys!

How long does nova generally put applicants under review before inviting or rejecting them? I've been under review for almost a month. Meanwhile, I'm seeing some with similar stats who got an invite just a few days after completing their app.

How long does nova generally put applicants under review before inviting or rejecting them? I've been under review for almost a month. Meanwhile, I'm seeing some with similar stats who got an invite just a few days after completing their app.
Same

posted this in my previous post but I think some people overlooked it. For those worrying about not getting interviews right off the bat:

Last cycle I had a friend apply (18 AA) who received an invite around November for an interview in early January/late December and sent application ~August, if I remember correctly (it was very late in the process; also note: she didn't get in). If you aren't hearing now I wouldn't freak out, there is plenty of time and it's "rolling admissions" for a reason. Goodluck alllllllll

Did anyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling their interview? I have yet to receive mine.

Did anyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling their interview? I have yet to receive mine.

Yeah I got an automated confirmation immediately after scheduling. Maybe check your spam?

Also same

Status
Not open for further replies.