You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sake
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear that, when did you get your app complete call?I just got a rejection letter in the mail...Before I opened the letter I knew it was a rejection lol interview invites are almost always sent by email. MI resident, 3.47 oGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 20AA.
yep :/
Sorry man, did they update your status on AADSAS at all before they sent you the letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
Spliced
around 700 and accept 120How many people do Nova interview usually, and how many do they accept? If anyone knows the answer to this info that would be great 🙂
June 22sorry to hear that, when did you get your app complete call?
How many people do Nova interview usually, and how many do they accept? If anyone knows the answer to this info that would be great 🙂
If you get an interview then your chances are 45%.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When NOVA called to confirm your application, did they ask you to verify your mailing address?I submitted on July 13 and received the call the following day. Then on July 18th I received the interview email.
They just called me and asked me to verify my mailing address.When NOVA called to confirm your application, did they ask you to verify your mailing address?
Does anyone know the process for re-scheduling interviews and how strict Nova is with re-scheduling? Did anyone have success re-scheduling?
You can do it online with the appointment they sent you. They dont care if you change it.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You can do it online with the appointment they sent you. They dont care if you change it.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for the reply! So I can even change it multiple times without notifying the admissions office?
S
Spliced
Yea, but keep in mind as they give more interviews the times will be pushed back.Thank you for the reply! So I can even change it multiple times without notifying the admissions office?
Yea, but keep in mind as they give more interviews the times will be pushed back.
So far the earliest interview dates are November. I just scheduled mine to be November 17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will see you there!So far the earliest interview dates are November. I just scheduled mine to be November 17.
D
deleted827844
Can i say with confident that I am rejected from Nova at this point and expect the rejection letter to arrive any day now? i received the app complete call in early July. I feel like they should just give the letter already so I can move on with my life.
Dont jump to conclusions! They are probably flooded with applications. What are your stats?Can i say with confident that I am rejected from Nova at this point and expect the rejection letter to arrive any day now? i received the app complete call in early July. I feel like they should just give the letter already so I can move on with my life.
Does anyone know the avg stats for interviews this cycle so far?
Heyy, have you gotten any acceptances? our dat and gpa scores are around the same!I just got a rejection letter in the mail...Before I opened the letter I knew it was a rejection lol interview invites are almost always sent by email. MI resident, 3.47 oGPA, 3.25 sGPA, 20AA.
Interview #2 (yay!!)
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS Mail out: 8/10/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.88 sGPA, 3.86 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18/none
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS Mail out: 8/10/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.88 sGPA, 3.86 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18/none
They will send you the link once they receive your primary application.Where can we fill out the supplemental/secondary? I can't seem to find one on their website...
I actually found it... Do we just apply through here for supplemental? Admissions LoginThey will send you the link once they receive your primary application.
(and congrats on the interview!)
I actually found it... Do we just apply through here for supplemental? Admissions Login
(and congrats on the interview!)
Yes! Just make a new application on that website. It's straightforward.
oh, I did not do that, so they just sent the link to me.I actually found it... Do we just apply through here for supplemental? Admissions Login
(and congrats on the interview!)
Good luck!
Interview #2 (yay!!)
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/18
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
AADSAS Mail out: 8/10/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.88 sGPA, 3.86 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18/none
Hey there! Do you remember which interview dates were available? I'm thinking of rescheduling mine. Thanks!
Hey there! Do you remember which interview dates were available? I'm thinking of rescheduling mine. Thanks!
If you go to the link of the interview invite, you can see the available interview dates. I just rescheduled mine from Nov 17 to Sept 27.
I got an interview there this morning. One question: in the 2015-2016 ADEA guide it says they interviewed 29 OOS applicants but accepted 53. Does anyone know why this is?
Could it have been 129 and its a typo in the guide?
I checked my 2016-2017 ADEA guide. They interview 289 out of state and accepted 35 OOS.
My flight leaves at 6pm, do you guys think that's enough time? They said interviews usually go until 5 pm but in past threads Ive read they can end earlier.
I checked the available flights for me and most of them leaves at 6pm. Is your flight still leaving at 6pm out of FLL?
I checked my 2016-2017 ADEA guide. They interview 289 out of state and accepted 35 OOS.
I checked the available flights for me and most of them leaves at 6pm. Is your flight still leaving at 6pm out of FLL?
Accepted 35 OOS? Isn't it 35 OOS enrolled?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted 35 OOS? Isn't it 35 OOS enrolled?
Oh sorry yes. 35 enrolled. 135? gets offers.
Hey guys! Do you think it's worth even applying to NOVA with these stats? oGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.0 DAT: 17AA??
S
Spliced
Averages for last year were 21AA, 3.68 Gpa. I wouldn't, people with higher stats got rejected already. I would say you need a dat retake.Hey guys! Do you think it's worth even applying to NOVA with these stats? oGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.0 DAT: 17AA??
Hey guys! Do you think it's worth even applying to NOVA with these stats? oGPA: 3.2 sGPA: 3.0 DAT: 17AA??
Unless you are URM you need a retake.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think mostly Wednesday and Thursday in Nov and Dec. Yea, just click on the website again to reschedule. I just rescheduled mine few days ago and thankfully they are super flexible with it (I don't think that they bother to look at it even).Hey there! Do you remember which interview dates were available? I'm thinking of rescheduling mine. Thanks!
Congratulation and good luck!!
Just interviewed at Nova yesterday. Very relaxed environment, great school and nice facilities. No hard pressed questions just super chill.
Group of about 10 people for me, tour from 12-1:30 and interviews in random order..group split between 3 possible faculty members for about 30ish minutes per person. The latest you will be there is likely 4:30pm or 5ish if there is a lot of people.
Book your flights after 7 if leaving same day
Group of about 10 people for me, tour from 12-1:30 and interviews in random order..group split between 3 possible faculty members for about 30ish minutes per person. The latest you will be there is likely 4:30pm or 5ish if there is a lot of people.
Book your flights after 7 if leaving same day
Last edited:
Did they ask you ethical questions?Just interviewed at Nova yesterday. Very relaxed environment, great school and nice facilities. No hard pressed questions just super chill.
Group of about 10 people for me, tour from 12-1:30 and interviews in random order..group split between 3 possible faculty members for about 30ish minutes per person. The latest you will be there is likely 4:30pm or 5ish if there is a lot of people.
Book your flights after 7 if leaving same day
What are the closest hotels to stay at? Need to book today!
Did they ask you ethical questions?
No they didnt any any of the classic interview questions. My interview however was with Dr. Lippman who is super laid back. Cant speak for the other interviewers.
Oh he did ask me what a fun day for me would be and I said anything to di
Oasis Hotel. It's a nice, small hotel. It's relatively cheap too and 20 minutes away from Nova.What are the closest hotels to stay at? Need to book today!
What are the closest hotels to stay at? Need to book today!
I booked mine on airbnb! $74 total i think.
Anyone who has interviewed...Who are all 3 interviewers? What is each one like?No they didnt any any of the classic interview questions. My interview however was with Dr. Lippman who is super laid back. Cant speak for the other interviewers.
Oh he did ask me what a fun day for me would be and I said anything to di
All of them are chill. It's not a hard interview if you're a normal sociable person. Good luckAnyone who has interviewed...Who are all 3 interviewers? What is each one like?
Hah I booked a airbnb as well. About $70 per night, pretty close to the school.I booked mine on airbnb! $74 total i think.
Thanks! That seems pretty chill. Does he have a list of questions on the paper?No they didnt any any of the classic interview questions. My interview however was with Dr. Lippman who is super laid back. Cant speak for the other interviewers.
Oh he did ask me what a fun day for me would be and I said anything to di
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Theres a Holiday Inn Express on Davie (zip 33317) ask for the Nova Rate. its the closest.What are the closest hotels to stay at? Need to book today!
noThanks! That seems pretty chill. Does he have a list of questions on the paper?
Cross lands inn, 15ish minutes away. $51 on some websites. thats where i stayed. check in before 8pm or call ahead.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K