*** The Official Nova Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year the deadline to deposit was Monday January 1st. So it makes sense that people were hearing on Jan 2

This year the deadline to deposit is tomorrow so most likely people will be hearing on Friday
Deadline was actually last night at midnight, they are then going to see today who submitted the payments and decide who comes off the waitlist for acceptances. Then they will send out calls Friday after having a day to process the number if open seats after the first round of payments. Thus is what I was told atleast.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Deadline was actually last night at midnight, they are then going to see today who submitted the payments and decide who comes off the waitlist for acceptances. Then they will send out calls Friday after having a day to process the number if open seats after the first round of payments. Thus is what I was told atleast.
Hii do you know if they only make calls or do they send emails pf acceptance? Im out of the country sooo kinda scared.

Newer update, they will now know by next monday or Tuesday. Not tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Newer update, they will now know by next monday or Tuesday. Not tomorrow.
How do you know they will not going to let us know tmw?? Also does someone know if they send email to inform if you are accepted? I can’t recieve calls :( thanks!

Calls are coming. Stay tuned and best of luck!

Did you recieve a call?? I thought it was tmw? plss someone confirm if you received a call today

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to stay optimistic for an acceptance but considering 110 acceptances have been sent out (NSU class size), I doubt there are many seats left at this school. What do you guys think?

I'm trying to stay optimistic for an acceptance but considering 110 acceptances have been sent out (NSU class size), I doubt there are many seats left at this school. What do you guys think?
I think some people accepted but many others (like me) declined, and I personally know 3 others who also declined. So there's still hope!

I mean that is assuming that everyone is going to accept the offer from NOVA and generally most of the people that have applied and recieved acceptances from NOVA have also presumably received it from other schools or applied to other schools. Stay optimistic, you never know what is gonna happen and worrying is just suffering twice. :)

Who told you that they gave out 110 acceptances already lol....

Well they sent out acceptances for all their available seats on Dec 3rd right? So that's 110 acceptances
I dont think it works like that. They wouldn’t have more interviews after Dec 3rd if they send letters of acceptance to all 110. They prob sent to 80 or so

I dont think it works like that. They wouldn’t have more interviews after Dec 3rd if they send letters of acceptance to all 110. They prob sent to 80 or so
Good point, thanks for clarifying

Do they even call out of state? Don't they just send an email?

This statement has peaked my anxiety levels.

Did you recieve a call?? I thought it was tmw? plss someone confirm if you received a call today

How do you know that they called today? Did you receive a call?

Yes, I am very grateful that I have received my first acceptance today, I honestly have almost given up hope because my status was still invited to interview. Also, my friend also got accepted off the waitlist.

My interview was at the end of Novemeber.

I hope you all get in.

Best of luck.

Dr. Lipman called, I am out of state and the call read : Fort Lauderdale, FL, you don't want to miss that.

Last edited:
Do you know if they're done calling people? Like are they calling people tommorow?

Yes, I am very grateful that I have received my first acceptance today, I honestly have almost given up hope because my status was still invited to interview. Also, my friend also got accepted off the waitlist.

My interview was at the end of Novemeber.

I hope you all get in.

Best of luck.

Dr. Lipman called, I am out of state and the call read : Fort Lauderdale, FL, you don't want to miss that.
That's funny I talked to the admissions today and they said the admissions commitee is still processing who's coming off the waitlist. I'm sure more calls will go out tomorrow.

That's funny I talked to the admissions today and they said the admissions commitee is still processing who's coming off the waitlist. I'm sure more calls will go out tomorrow.

I am sure they will call tomorrow as well, best of luck.

Did they say how long that process would take? Do you know if their giving the acceptances out this entire week for wait listed applicants?

Did they say it was just for people on the waitlist? Or could it be also for people that got a post December 3rd interview?

Did they say it was just for people on the waitlist? Or could it be also for people that got a post December 3rd interview?
I asked if it was waitlist and they said waitlist, but they didn't say only * so who knows

Last edited:
Did someone got a call from the post December interviews? Buaa Im getting anxious

Reactions: 3 users
All the acceptances for waitlist were made yesterday, no more acceptances will go out for another 30 days. And tbey will choose from the waitlists.

So did anyone who had post December interviews get accepted ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone who had post-Dec interviews heard anything back from Nova? Waitlist? Acceptance?

Has anyone who had post-Dec interviews heard anything back from Nova? Waitlist? Acceptance?
Nothing! Im pretty sure Dr. Lippman said he wasn’t going to put us in the wait listed pool.

Reactions: 1 users
Did any one in the waitlist from pre dec interviews got off from the list? If so, did you guys get a call? or email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

All the acceptances for waitlist were made yesterday, no more acceptances will go out for another 30 days. And tbey will choose from the waitlists.
How do you know that they will only choose from those already placed on waitlist? Because I called admissions today and they don’t give out any information.

How do you know that they will only choose from those already placed on waitlist? Because I called admissions today and they don’t give out any information.
I called Christina faas (admissions counselor) and the executive dean, both at 10:33 am and 11:02 am respectively.

I'm confused they told us at our interview in december that we would be placed ahead of those on the waitlist from before December yet it seems like no one from December has heard back. Does anyone have any other information?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm confused they told us at our interview in december that we would be placed ahead of those on the waitlist from before December yet it seems like no one from December has heard back. Does anyone have any other information?
No offense to anyone at all who interviewed in December , but if there is a waitlist, why would you think thise who were already one the waitlist before December interviews, hear back later than you? Once again I mean no hate at all here, just as curious as you all.

No offense to anyone at all who interviewed in December , but if there is a waitlist, why would you think thise who were already one the waitlist before December interviews, hear back later than you? Once again I mean no hate at all here, just as curious as you all.
We think that because that’s literally what Dr. Lippman told us. He said something along the lines of us being considered separate from the wait list and that we’ll hear back after their holiday break, in the beginning of Jan. I guess “beginning of Jan” still includes some time this week other than Monday though.

Dr. Lippman clearly explained that the post december interviewers were gonna be in a separate group than the people in the waitlist. He was going to make like a “2nd round” and waitlist people from post december as well. So practically he said we do have the same consideration as the people that were interviewed before december. Same as ypur question.. why would he interview more people if he already have people to chose from the waitlist?

Prior years seemed to indicate that NOVA prioritized after december interviews over waitlist people. You can even read the threads from then. Idk what they're saying now and it also seems that people are getting different answers depending on who they talk to. I think the best way to get an answer to all of this is to contact the school themselves and talk to one of the admissions counslers.

Yeah at my post-december interview, we were told we would hear back on January 3rd. Makes me wonder if anyone has heard back who isn't on sdn!

Prior years seemed to indicate that NOVA prioritized after december interviews over waitlist people. You can even read the threads from then. Idk what they're saying now and it also seems that people are getting different answers depending on who they talk to. I think the best way to get an answer to all of this is to contact the school themselves and talk to one of the admissions counslers.
I just called (the counselors) and no one is at their desk at the moment. Got the numbers from the actual admission office.

I just called (the counselors) and no one is at their desk at the moment. Got the numbers from the actual admission office.

I will try to contact them as well. The counselors seem to be more available in the morning, so if not today, I will try tomorrow morning and let you guys know what they say.

I will try to contact them as well. The counselors seem to be more available in the morning, so if not today, I will try tomorrow morning and let you guys know what they say.
I was able to get in contact with one. Basically said that if you didn't hear from them today then you didn't make the second round and they still had a couple more to call today. Afterwards, I got in touch with Lippman and he stated that he only sent out a few offers for December and he hadn't made it to his waitlist yet. He said he may reach the waitlist at the beginning of February. I hope this calms some nerves because this info has been horrible on here the last couple of days.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.