Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey everyone! Seems like Nova is one of the first schools to give invites out, so post updates here! I know nothing about the school haha, but hopefully you guys can answer each others' questions!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite five minutes ago!

Canadian student.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Super excited about this school!

Interview invite today! Congrats and good luck everyone!

If any of y’all don’t mind, can you share stats and residency?

Hey guys, does the supplemental application sent via email after the completion of AADSAS application ?
It doesn't specify on the website.

thanks

Just got an interview invite, can't believe it!

Interview # 1
School:
NOVA
Notification date: 06/28/2018
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/19/2018

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Did you get a phone call from them before they sent out the interview offer?

They called me saying they received my completed app and are reviewing it. 2 days later, I got the interview offer via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 28/06/2018
Residency: Canadian Applicant
AADSAS mail-out date: 12/06/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.67
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/18/18/none (took the Canadian DAT)

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #1
School:
Nova Southeastern
Notification date: 6/27
Residency: Georgia
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7/2018
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/25/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/3

Reactions: 1 users
Might be a dumb question but where on their website can I find the supplemental app? Someone said that it could be found somewhere on their site but I'm not seeing it. Or do I just have to wait until they email me with it?

Might be a dumb question but where on their website can I find the supplemental app? Someone said that it could be found somewhere on their site but I'm not seeing it. Or do I just have to wait until they email me with it?
Go to the dental school's website and select "+ apply now/request info" on the upper right corner. It'll guide you to the correct application.

Go to the dental school's website and select "+ apply now/request info" on the upper right corner. It'll guide you to the correct application.
Thank you!

Hey guys, I got a call last week to say they received the application, but nothing else since then.
How does that sound?
Did everyone who receive a call was also asked to interview a couple of days later?

Hey guys, I got a call last week to say they received the application, but nothing else since then.
How does that sound?
Did everyone who receive a call was also asked to interview a couple of days later?
That's how it was before 7/4. I think they got flooded with applications. I received the call, but nothing since. Just be patient

I got the call saying my app was complete today while I was in a public place and I'm pretty sure people thought I won the lottery because of the huge smile I had on my face and how giddy I got thinking it might be an interview call haha!

Just got my interview from Nova! Hoping to chose the September 14th or 21st date if anyone is doing that.
Notification date: 7/17
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/2018
Application complete date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.90 / 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/14 or 9/21

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call saying my app was complete today while I was in a public place and I'm pretty sure people thought I won the lottery because of the huge smile I had on my face and how giddy I got thinking it might be an interview call haha!

I know what you mean, I got my call last week and today I got my interview. Made my day!:D

Just got my interview from Nova! Hoping to chose the September 14th or 21st date if anyone is doing that.
Method of notification:
Email
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23
/22/26/no

Congrats! My interview will be September 5th.

Congrats! My interview will be September 5th.
Congrats to you too!! Im flying in from Massachusetts and figured it would be easier to do a day that was close to the weekend. I hope yours goes well :)
Also if anyone is going to do the September 14th and might stay that night in Ft Lauderdale let me know!!

Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: Not sure where it says this; my DAT scores aren't even official yet though
Application complete date: 6/21 (besides DAT score)
GPA (science, overall): 3.91 / 3.92 (Chemical engineering)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27
/26/23/30/all of them
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/12

Congrats to you too!! Im flying in from Massachusetts and figured it would be easier to do a day that was close to the weekend. I hope yours goes well :)
Also if anyone is going to do the September 14th and might stay that night in Ft Lauderdale let me know!!

Hmm :smack: the weekend makes more sense for long distance stays, I should have done that for Midwest AZ.
Best of luck!

Interview #2
School: NOVA
Notification date: 07/17/2018
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.80, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/none
Interviewing Sept 21st!

Last edited:
Method of notification:
Email
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23
/22/26/no
Congratulations! I actually changed my date to September 14 so probably will see you there :)

Method of notification:
Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18/18
Application complete date: No idea
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/20/None

Dates available OR your interview date: 9/20

Anyone going to 9/20 interview? We should hangout!!!
ill be there from 9/17-9/21

Anyone interviewing 8/29?
I’m so nervous, don’t really know what to expect!! Any advice? Thank you!

Anyone interviewing 8/29?
I’m so nervous, don’t really know what to expect!! Any advice? Thank you!
I wanted a date in August, but they all taken! when did you schedule yours? Don't worry and don't stress it!! you will do great

I wanted any date in August! when did you schedule yours?
Scheduled it on June 27th. 8/16 was the first date available to me but l picked 8/17 so it would be closer to the weekend

Thank you :) and that’s awesome! Are you going to stay that weekend or that night do you think?
Since I'm coming from Canada, probably will be coming on Thursday and leaving Saturday or maybe the night of.

Anyone heard back from NOVA regarding if they provide living arrangements, like allowing us to stay with like a current student like medical schools do during the interview week? so we don't have to pay for hotels?

Status
Not open for further replies.