*** The Official Nova Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness it’s 4:30 ....fingers crossed
I heard Dr. L is out of town! So it will be next week :( At least we still have a chance! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Let’s hope today is the day guys...good luck

Good luck to those of you waiting!

To those that have accepted and are attending Nova:

Anyone know when they're going to send out more info about the background checks/vaccination stuff or any further steps we have to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlist movement??
I called earlier one of the counselors (Norma) said that they hadn't met to make those decisions yet and they would sometime this week. As usual no real deadline day :/.

IDK why but I feel like today is the day that more acceptances will go out good luckkk everyone

Last edited:
Got the call from Dr Lippman this morning!

Reactions: 4 users
Omg I got a call at 9am! Yes how do we join the facebook page?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure! I wonder when the school will send an official email
Dr. Lippman said that we should get it soon, but I have read on this forum that it takes some people a while to get it and I know they also send a packet in the mail.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call at 9am also guys!!! I actually missed the call at first.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when does classes start or when is orientation? Thanks!

Is Dr. Lippman going to make any more calls today/this week?

Congrats all on your acceptance! I do have two quick questions, just wonder if anyone can help me out. 1) what is the class size? 2) what is the interview format? Thanks in advance for your help!

Does anyone know when does classes start or when is orientation? Thanks!

All the info about orientation and everything else you need to do is on this website! It has info on important deadlines, when you need to order your white coat, send final transcripts etc.It even has the color of the srubs (which are super cute btw). Congrats you guys!!!!!! Orientation week starts on July 30th and I believe it ends with the white coat ceremony on August 4th!
College of Dental Medicine Student Orientation Resources

For all of you that got the call on Wednesday morning, when did you guys interview? Thanks!

For all of you that got the call on Wednesday morning, when did you guys interview? Thanks!
September for me, but the calls were random not based on when you interviewed at all

Does anyone know how the classes are? example: fall 2019 from 9-5pm? how many classes/ day?

Does anyone know how the classes are? example: fall 2019 from 9-5pm? how many classes/ day?

When you get your schedules, it definitely is 9-5 (some days even 8-5), BUT that's only on paper. As you go through the first two weeks, you'll get an idea of which classes you can skip (most of your basic science classes which are recorded) and which are mandatory attendance (sim lab for example), so in REALITY you don't have to be in class 9-5. Also, as a D1 you have mandatory clinical rotations where you get to shadow/assist D3/D4 students in clinic from 1-5pm, but even that is only roughly once a month, so if you're not scheduled for rotation that day, it's basically "free time".

Having said all this though, if you're the type of student who reap the most when actually going to classes and see the benefit of interacting with the professors, by all means do go to class :). I sometimes feel bad when I hear professors say more than half the class (including myself) don't show up, but hey, if attendance isn't mandatory and you study much more efficiently listening to lectures recorded online, then I don't see the point in attending lecture (again, my personal opinion).

When you get your schedules, it definitely is 9-5 (some days even 8-5), BUT that's only on paper. As you go through the first two weeks, you'll get an idea of which classes you can skip (most of your basic science classes which are recorded) and which are mandatory attendance (sim lab for example), so in REALITY you don't have to be in class 9-5. Also, as a D1 you have mandatory clinical rotations where you get to shadow/assist D3/D4 students in clinic from 1-5pm, but even that is only roughly once a month, so if you're not scheduled for rotation that day, it's basically "free time".

Having said all this though, if you're the type of student who reap the most when actually going to classes and see the benefit of interacting with the professors, by all means do go to class :). I sometimes feel bad when I hear professors say more than half the class (including myself) don't show up, but hey, if attendance isn't mandatory and you study much more efficiently listening to lectures recorded online, then I don't see the point in attending lecture (again, my personal opinion).

:joyful:awesome thanks for that! So all classes are pre-recorded powerpoint presentations, except for labs of course? Do you know how the first semester is? for example 8 lecture classes/day with 2labs and clinic? or is it block schedule? ex: 4 classes MWF and other 4 TTh? Sorry for all the questions, I am super excited to start and I would like to get mentally organized to start studying!! :D

Hey! Does anyone know how to join the Facebook page? Or can send the link on here?

:joyful:awesome thanks for that! So all classes are pre-recorded powerpoint presentations, except for labs of course? Do you know how the first semester is? for example 8 lecture classes/day with 2labs and clinic? or is it block schedule? ex: 4 classes MWF and other 4 TTh? Sorry for all the questions, I am super excited to start and I would like to get mentally organized to start studying!! :D

MOST of the basic sciences courses are recorded. Also, it really depends on the professor whether lectures will be recorded or not. I'd say most likely yes, but like I said in my previous post, go to class the first couple of weeks and find out the professors' teaching method, and then decide whether attending class will be beneficial or not.

It's block schedule (definitely not 8 class a day lol).

MOST of the basic sciences courses are recorded. Also, it really depends on the professor whether lectures will be recorded or not. I'd say most likely yes, but like I said in my previous post, go to class the first couple of weeks and find out the professors' teaching method, and then decide whether attending class will be beneficial or not.

It's block schedule (definitely not 8 class a day lol).

great! block schedule is great news to here! thank you!!!

Hey! Does anyone know how to join the Facebook page? Or can send the link on here?
I also tried, but I think once you start school the administrator of that nova facebook group for the class of 2023 will give us special access. It looks like a private page, so not everyone can join unless invited....maybe? :shrug:

Why is there an iPad requirement? is that where we access our books?

You need an electronic device where you will take your midterm/final exams, so that's why they ask for the iPad requirements. Can be a laptop though. As long as it's a laptop/iPad/tablet that's not like 10 years old, you should be good.

I also tried, but I think once you start school the administrator of that nova facebook group for the class of 2023 will give us special access. It looks like a private page, so not everyone can join unless invited....maybe? :shrug:

Yeah I understand what you mean, that's probably what it is. I just wish we had one to help find roommates easier :thinking:

What were those "stupid and unreasonable academic reasons" that the D1 were kicked out for?

If Nova become this bad, why all the students not doing something about it? like stand up all together report it to the board at once and fight for eveyone right after all we are paying 450K plus for it. I was interviewed last november and got excepted on Dec 3. But fortunately i got 5 others acceptances and one of them is my dream school so i declined offers from Nova. It may or may not be a good thing.

Last edited:
Anybody have and info on housing and also it makes no sense we don’t have Facebook group yet for the next class. I may make one.

Anybody have and info on housing and also it makes no sense we don’t have Facebook group yet for the next class. I may make one.

^^Yeah, makes no sense one isn't up yet. I would like to find roommates in the same year so we can struggle together lol.

Does anyone know how to register for classes? Looks like the aid already kicked in for the tuition.

Hi everyone! 2 questions:
1) Did you get any packet in the mail yet?
2) Is there a facebook group?
Thank you! See you in July ;)

Hi everyone! 2 questions:
1) Did you get any packet in the mail yet?
2) Is there a facebook group?
Thank you! See you in July ;)
Congrats on your acceptance! Can I ask a quick question, what is NOVA's interview format (close/open file)? Thanks in advance for your help!

Congrats on your acceptance! Can I ask a quick question, what is NOVA's interview format (close/open file)? Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi! I believe its open file for everyone, but don't worry about it they make you feel comfortable and want to know more about your personality than your academics. If you get an interview, your grades are enough. They want to see how would you interact with patients. Just make sure to add why would you be a good candidate and why do you think you are good fit specifically for Nova.

Does anyone know how to register for classes? Looks like the aid already kicked in for the tuition.

Registration starts at the beginning of July per my understanding. I also think they handle the registration so they'll send out instructions on exactly what to do.

Hey everyone! How much does NSU cost per year? I can't seem to find it on the website

The amount of false info on here is astonishing, tuition is 64k PER YEAR people, and then after paying your acceptance and pre registration fee that drops to 62k for the YEAR roughly 20-22k per semester (fall, winter and summer).

The amount of false info on here is astonishing, tuition is 64k PER YEAR people, and then after paying your acceptance and pre registration fee that drops to 62k for the YEAR roughly 20-22k per semester (fall, winter and summer).
Thanks GNRD93!

Status
Not open for further replies.