***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Sept 18th Interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Was on the wait list for Fall 2013 and found out today the roster is closed. So, back in the race for next fall. Hopefully this time will be the one!

Can you please tell me why you have NYU as your first choice ? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally under review. 8th batch. Hollerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am still waiting for my NYU invite.

Do you guys have NYU on your AADSAS portal? because I don't have them on it....

hey guys. for those of u who already took ur nyu interview, how was it? this is my first school choice and im so scared. i have it coming up. did they ask any questions about the school? like who the dean is or name a faculty member or anything in specific like this?
thanks in advance :)

hey guys. for those of u who already took ur nyu interview, how was it? this is my first school choice and im so scared. i have it coming up. did they ask any questions about the school? like who the dean is or name a faculty member or anything in specific like this?
thanks in advance :)

My interview was on 8/12, it was actually very fun and chill. There were 9 of us to be interviewed that day, my personal interview lasted for about 30minutes. I was asked to talk about myself during my personal interview and that's what I did. I talked, and talked for maybe 20minutes. When I finished talking about myself, we started talking about sports since we're both from the city. We talked about the Knicks and the Yankee/Mets (he was a Mets fan). After the personal interview, we had a group discussion, a little bit of Q&A with the adcom and some of the D4 students. Then the D4 students took us on a tour and then lunch.

My interviewer was very chill and cool, but some others were rather stoic. (as told by my fellow interviewees.) And from what I saw that day, the personal interview time ranges from as little as 20minutes to as long as an hour. GL

My interview was on 8/12, it was actually very fun and chill. There were 9 of us to be interviewed that day, my personal interview lasted for about 30minutes. I was asked to talk about myself during my personal interview and that's what I did. I talked, and talked for maybe 20minutes. When I finished talking about myself, we started talking about sports since we're both from the city. We talked about the Knicks and the Yankee/Mets (he was a Mets fan). After the personal interview, we had a group discussion, a little bit of Q&A with the adcom and some of the D4 students. Then the D4 students took us on a tour and then lunch.

My interviewer was very chill and cool, but some others were rather stoic. (as told by my fellow interviewees.) And from what I saw that day, the personal interview time ranges from as little as 20minutes to as long as an hour. GL

Congratulations on being done with your interview! How long did it take to receive an interview invite from when you were notified that your app was under review?

Members don't see this ad :)

thanks :) was there a supplemental or anything you had to fill out over there?

Hey everyone I got invited for an interview two days ago and am scheduled for Sep 25th. Is anyone else interviewing that day?

Also can someone please tell me what kind of questions they ask? This is my top school of choice and am super nervous!

Thank you!

thanks :) was there a supplemental or anything you had to fill out over there?

For the supp, you just have to write down your name, address, and aadsas #.

How long after "file under review" did yall get an interview?

From what I've seen here, I think it varies. Some applicants that got the "Under review" email the same date as I did got an interview invite earlier than me. So it doesn't follow any explicit pattern, from my experience.

How long after "file under review" did yall get an interview?

I've seen someone on here get an invite a week after receiving the "file under review" email, somewhere on the "Official Interview/Rejection/Acceptance 2013" thread. My guess is that it's either from a couple of weeks to a month of being under review, but who knows

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out and how many of those they accept?

I received the 'under review' email on August 9th, and the interview invite email on Sept. 5th.

anyone else going next week on the 24th?! get psyched!

I scheduled my interview for Oct 2!
(under review email received Aug 16, interview invite email received Sep 9)

Any interview invitations recently ?
I got one today! Haven't set up an interview date yet though.

Edit:
3rd batch (sent July 12th, received app complete email on July 15th)
BCP: 3.35 sGPA: 3.43 cGPA: 3.44
22/20/25/23 (AA/TS/PAT/RC)

Last edited:
October 8th invite yesterday.

Any idea on interview acceptance rate?

Hey would you guys mind me asking what days of the week NYU allows for interviews? So far, I am seeing Mondays-Wednesdays.

Hey guys, I am a Georgia resident and have applied to NYU. I honestly have no idea if I have a chance to get accepted at NYU. Was wondering if someone could tell me my chances. Here's my stats:

3.79 GPA
3.83 Sci GPA
20 AA
20PAT
21TS
19 QR
19 RC (Scored 21 on my first DAT)

Any info is appreciated.

Hey guys, I am a Georgia resident and have applied to NYU. I honestly have no idea if I have a chance to get accepted at NYU. Was wondering if someone could tell me my chances. Here's my stats:

3.79 GPA
3.83 Sci GPA
20 AA
20PAT
21TS
19 QR

Any info is appreciated.

Sure, given a good ps and letters of rec.

It's all over (Mon - Fri). I called them to ask what dates are available and they gave me Mon and Tue in one week, Wed and Thu in another week, etc

Interviewing in the morning..probably should go to sleep now eeek. I will let you all know how the day goes and what to expect!

best part of the interview: the food. when you eat lunch, eat as much as you can. it's allllll freeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

there were a couple of cats in my interview group that loaded up on panini sandwiches and chips but they also got muscle milk and red bull.

i was jelly.

application is complete, your application will now be forwarded to the NYUCD Admissions Committee for review --email on august 23.

you have been selected for a personal interview --email on september 24.

i am excited about the food.
I do not consider it free. rather i paid 85 bucks
but obviously, yea i guess they dont charge right there and we can get whatever we desire

Interviewing in the morning..probably should go to sleep now eeek. I will let you all know how the day goes and what to expect!

Hey my interview is on Oct 15th. Any suggestions ? I'm pretty nervous!!

Hey my interview is on Oct 15th. Any suggestions ? I'm pretty nervous!!

I had my interview last week. The place is so friendly. Also, with so many students and patients, it was really an exciting place to be. My advice would be to arrive early for the interview. I got there around 7:15 and my interviewer was already waiting for me to get interviewed. The interview itself was very relaxed and conversational. My interviewer told me she does not care about my scores or grades at this point. She just wants to get to know me as a person. Super nice. Best interview experience I've had so far. You will enjoy it. Dont worry too much and just be yourself:) gluck!

i was doing my research and found an old thread about how an interviewee dressed in a fancy suit and even got complimented by the dean. and how its nyc, so being plain wont cut it.
so i thought i would wear a pink dress shirt and gray tie...but decided against it

still, what do you think? less conventional colors (perhaps like dark purple, dark red) or the standard dental school interview uniform?

there were a couple of cats in my interview group that loaded up on panini sandwiches and chips but they also got muscle milk and red bull.

i was jelly.

LMAO, the lunch was totally awesome! I was one of those that ripped a red bull and my all-time favorite, buffalo chicken wrap, which was delicious!

Overall it was a really great first impression of NYU

3.79 GPA
3.83 Sci GPA
20 AA
20PAT
21TS
19 QR

Any info is appreciated.

Hey I am a Georgia resident too and have similar stats. I got my interview invite on 9/25 so don't lose hope!
Is NYU your first choice?

application is complete, your application will now be forwarded to the NYUCD Admissions Committee for review --email on august 23.

you have been selected for a personal interview --email on september 24.

i am excited about the food.
I do not consider it free. rather i paid 85 bucks
but obviously, yea i guess they dont charge right there and we can get whatever we desire

Heyy when is your interview date?
I'm trying to see if I'm still in the running for pre-December interviews...

I still dont have NYU under the school decision on ADEA, does anyone have it? I have been waiting for a while now and I think will call on my status

I still dont have NYU under the school decision on ADEA, does anyone have it? I have been waiting for a while now and I think will call on my status

I believe someone said that NYU doesn't use the school decisions tab on AADSAS

I believe someone said that NYU doesn't use the school decisions tab on AADSAS

They explicitly state in their first email they send out that they only communicate via email and that they will not post application status on AADSAS