***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

what about nj? is a nj town 30 mins away from NYC okay? Cause i looked at a couple of cities and their craiglist and the housing seemed reasonable (newark and some surrounding cities were what i was saw).

Members don't see this ad.

I swear by google maps too, but when you're talking about driving in the city those times are not accurate. You invariably hit traffic or other delays, then will have to find parking, which can take a long time. I think if you're considering living in Jersey purely out of cost, you can't just look at the rents side by side. Take all the associated costs of commuting into account - if you live in the city, you can eliminate entirely the cost of gas, car insurance, car upkeep, parking, but will obviously have to tack on a metro fee. As two thirty mentioned, I think you'll find the costs are not all that different, and the difference is not worth the hassle of a long commute each day. If I were moving to the city, I'd opt to live in one of the boroughs and ride my bike to school 8 months out of the year.

I just got one today! I hope i can interview before march haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one interview as well today! I called the admission office and they said their system is down for now(till 1 PM).

----------
I called them back and they said they have dates open for Oct 30-31, Nov 5-15, Nov 18-22/21.
So don't lose hope guys!

Last edited:
Does anyone know a cheap hotel around NYU? the figures that I am getting for hotels are expensive ( $200 or so per night)

Does anyone know a cheap hotel around NYU? the figures that I am getting for hotels are expensive ( $200 or so per night)

That's the lowest you're gonna get, hahahaha welcome to manhattan

When are you interviewing?

Nov 13th :(....
I found one Near Jamaica Airport for 160 ish....A little far....It's Hilton Hotel and it is at aiport.

If you're willing to stay with a "host", you can use airbnb.com. I found a room in someone's apartment (a 5 min walk from NYU) for $80/night.

I found one Near Jamaica Airport for 160 ish....A little far....It's Hilton Hotel and it is at aiport.

There are lots of hotels in Manhattan for <$100 for your interview date. Just type in Manhattan, NY when you search, then sort by lowest price on Expedia. There are hotels for like $50 in east village/lower east side if you're willing to stay in 1-2 star hotels.

Nov 11th for me. Why the frown? Plenty of time before December 2nd :cool:

Anyone else 11/11 here?

Does anybody know of research opportunities at nyu? Is it a big research school? Thanks!

There are lots of hotels in Manhattan for <$100 for your interview date. Just type in Manhattan, NY when you search, then sort by lowest price on Expedia. There are hotels for like $50 in east village/lower east side if you're willing to stay in 1-2 star hotels.

If you're willing to stay with a "host", you can use airbnb.com. I found a room in someone's apartment (a 5 min walk from NYU) for $80/night.

Thank you guys! I will look into it! do you guys know Jamaica neighbarhood is far away from school? I found a hotel there for a relatively good price and it's near airport

Members don't see this ad :)

Try Carlton Arms hotel. Cost $120. Really small place and AWESOME environment. They gave me two beds for 120. It's literally like three blocks from NYUCD. http://www.carltonarms.com/
It's cheap and I loved every second of it. But don't try the Chinese place next door. They're terrible.

Thank you guys! I will look into it! do you guys know Jamaica neighbarhood is far away from school? I found a hotel there for a relatively good price and it's near airport

I'm pretty sure the Jamaica neighborhood is a pretty sketchy area, but don't quote me on that

Ah and I forgot to mention. Got an interview invite to NYU on 10/23.
Stats: 3.19oGPA DAT:21. They still have pre-Dec interviews, I scheduled mine for November 5th. Any other SDNer's interviewing that day?

I havent heard back from NYU yet Im a bit concerned... How long do they usually take??
My DATs are all around 20 and my GPA is around a 3.85. Im OOS. I submitted AADSAS early sept so I didnt get mailed out til early Oct, but its said "received/under review" since september...

Jamaica is in Queens and it's not a very safe area. It's also quite far from the school which is in Manhattan. It'll take you about 30-40min to get to the school by subway. I recommend that you stay in Manhattan near the school to avoid commuting in on the interview day.

I havent heard back from NYU yet Im a bit concerned... How long do they usually take??
My DATs are all around 20 and my GPA is around a 3.85. Im OOS. I submitted AADSAS early sept so I didnt get mailed out til early Oct, but its said "received/under review" since september...

i believe the school gets upward of 5k apps every cycle and they interview consistently through march.

Hi! this is my first time on here and I have my first dental school interview this Friday at NYU! I'm super excited but really nervous! does anyone who has done an interview at NYU have any advice/helpful tips for me?!

Thanks! :)

I will be interviewing at NYU on 11/22! I am starting to look for a hotel in the city near the school. Those who have interviewed already, where did you stay? I see some hotels are within a 20 minute walk but did some of you just get a cab, rent a car or ride the bus? Thanks for any input!

Hi everyone, congratulations on all of you who have been invited for interviews! I'm getting a little nervous that I haven't been invited yet..maybe it is because I am applying from North Carolina and we already have two schools in state. I sent in my check in July and have not heard anything since. I called the school the other day to check on things and they told me my application was complete and thanked me for my continued interest in the school. Do you think it has anything to do with my scores or the fact that I'm from NC.....thoughts??

Science GPA 3.5 Cumulative GPA 3.7
DAT 19/PAT 20 1050 clinical hours to date
first time applicant

Hi everyone, congratulations on all of you who have been invited for interviews! I'm getting a little nervous that I haven't been invited yet..maybe it is because I am applying from North Carolina and we already have two schools in state. I sent in my check in July and have not heard anything since. I called the school the other day to check on things and they told me my application was complete and thanked me for my continued interest in the school. Do you think it has anything to do with my scores or the fact that I'm from NC.....thoughts??

first time applicant

I hope not. I'm still waiting as well.

I gavr

first time applicant

Same

Anyone interviewing here on Tuesday November 5th? I just got to NYC and want someone to hang out with/maybe grab dinner tomorrow. This city is crazy by the way!! (First time visiting)

Reactions: 1 users

first time applicant

It's not because you're out of state, because I'm from Cali and we have 6 dental schools... Is there any red flags on your app? And what batch were you/when did you get your app under review email?

It's not because you're out of state, because I'm from Cali and we have 6 dental schools... Is there any red flags on your app? And what batch were you/when did you get your app under review email?
Hey, I know you were talking to the other person, but if I got the email saying under review on October 4th, how long do they usually take to get back to you? cGPA~3.85, DAT ~20

first time applicant

Don't feel bad. I applied 2nd batch, got the under review email months ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

Hey, I know you were talking to the other person, but if I got the email saying under review on October 4th, how long do they usually take to get back to you? cGPA~3.85, DAT ~20

I mailed out 8/16 but for some reason on my aadsas it says both 8/16 and 8/30, and I got the "Application Complete and under review" email from NYU on 9/3, invited for interview 10/16.

Got an interview invite this afternoon! Scheduled for November 12. There was still quite a few dates this month available in case anyone was wondering.

Got an interview invite this afternoon! Scheduled for November 12. There was still quite a few dates this month available in case anyone was wondering.
Thats crazy. Pretty short notice. Congrats. I'm so jealous! When did they email you letting you know your app was under review?

I got the application under review email on July 26th and didn't get invited for an interview until October 23rd, so don't give up hope!

I got the application under review email on July 26th and didn't get invited for an interview until October 23rd, so don't give up hope!

Sure is interesting how there is absolutely no apparent order

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I applied pretty late because I took the DAT late... ts 20/ aa/ 20/ pat 18... Im hispanic and my apps werent mailed out till 10/25... NYU hasnt even appeared on my school decisions list yet.... should I be worried?

Finally got an interview invite!! My app was completed as of 7/26, so there's still hope left!

Hi everyone, I applied pretty late because I took the DAT late... ts 20/ aa/ 20/ pat 18... Im hispanic and my apps werent mailed out till 10/25... NYU hasnt even appeared on my school decisions list yet.... should I be worried?
NYU doesn't use AADSAS school decisions page

Reactions: 1 user
FINALLLLLY GOT AN INTERVIEW AT NYU AND PRE-DEC TO ADD THE CHERRY ON TOP!!!!!!! SCHEDULED FOR 11/26/13!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY :D

FINALLLLLY GOT AN INTERVIEW AT NYU AND PRE-DEC TO ADD THE CHERRY ON TOP!!!!!!! SCHEDULED FOR 11/26/13!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY :D
Congratulation for your pre-dec interview!!! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?