You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by iwillbedds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you get the application complete email? and when did you hear back? (ie the dates for both) If you dont mind me asking!19 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/19 Reading
sci gpa 3.38, non sci 3.81, overall 3.48
been working as a paid dental assistant for last 18 months, have some shadowing, have good community service.
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ive been waiting since like 0ct 1 so i guess i got a while to go!app submitted 8/6/13, complete 8/16/13 I can't find the email saying when it went under review but it was either late august or early September. I waited a long while to get an interview invite.
ive been waiting since like 0ct 1 so i guess i got a while to go!
I submitted my app first batch and was complete shortly after. Still haven't heard from this school...
I really don't get how each school decides the order in which people get offered interviews. Kind of baffled!I submitted my app first batch and was complete shortly after. Still haven't heard from this school...
I've seen posts where people who submitted in mid October have already received interview offers, and have lower GPA and DAT scores than mine lol.
Yeaaa same here. Kind of disappointed. Figured I would of had a shot at this school for a pre-dec interview. Feels like since I submitted second batch, maybe they lost my application or looked it over...thats what i'm going to keep telling myself hahaI really don't get how each school decides the order in which people get offered interviews. Kind of baffled!
I've seen posts where people who submitted in mid October have already received interview offers, and have lower GPA and DAT scores than mine lol.
Haha yeah every time I call a school and ask for a status update, they're like: we can extend you an offer to interview anytime from ___ until July...Yeaaa same here. Kind of disappointed. Figured I would of had a shot at this school for a pre-dec interview. Feels like since I submitted second batch, maybe they lost my application or looked it over...thats what i'm going to keep telling myself haha
Im like...that really doesn't help me ! haha
Hey guys, I recently decided to apply to NYU and just paid my application on AADSAS. Am I too late? I hope I can still have a shot at this school.
My stats are: 19 AA 19 TS 22 PAT, oGPA and sGPA 3.7+ and a bunch of shadowing and research hours. What do you guys think? I know their deadline is in February so I was hoping they could still give me a chance!
My stats are: 19 AA 19 TS 22 PAT, oGPA and sGPA 3.7+ and a bunch of shadowing and research hours. What do you guys think? I know their deadline is in February so I was hoping they could still give me a chance!
I am still waiting for an interview 🙁
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5
I am still waiting for an interview 🙁
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5
This cycle is really weird. I see you've gotten interviews to very selective schools like Buffalo and Ohio St, but have heard nothing from NYU? Have you heard anything from any of the other schools you applied to?
This cycle is really weird. I see you've gotten interviews to very selective schools like Buffalo and Ohio St, but have heard nothing from NYU? Have you heard anything from any of the other schools you applied to?
I got 6 other interviews and live in NJ but I haven't heard from this school.
I think our app is missing somewhere in the admission's office...
I am still waiting for an interview 🙁
3rd time applicant to NYU
Batch #5
Are u a resident of any of these schools you interviewed at?
Do you mind sharing your stats. Thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Except that 35% of their students are from Californiai think that some schools might be holding off on interviewing higher stat applicants or OOS applicants located far away. Maybe they just don't want to waste their time interviewing ppl who they don't think are ever going to come.
that's why i said some schoolsExcept that 35% of their students are from California
that's why i said some schools
You're implying that NYU operates that way. And I'm sure adcoms don't extend invites to oos applicants that are too far away because they won't come. ??? How does that make sense? Obviously they applied
Just got an interview.
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19/13
Application complete date: 08/02/13
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19/13
Application complete date: 08/02/13
Second interview!
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
Calling in tomorrow to see what (if any) pre-Dec interview slots are still available.
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
Calling in tomorrow to see what (if any) pre-Dec interview slots are still available.
Hey, I am from NYAre u a resident of any of these schools you interviewed at?
Do you mind sharing your stats. Thank you
Stats are low but I believed other schools like applicants with experience in dental field, which I have for sure.
I am still waiting on 13 schools which I believe are waiting on update of my transcript!!This cycle is really weird. I see you've gotten interviews to very selective schools like Buffalo and Ohio St, but have heard nothing from NYU? Have you heard anything from any of the other schools you applied to?
Second interview!
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/13/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/09/13
Application complete date: 09/20/13
GPA (science, overall, post-bac): 3.2, 2.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/25/none
Calling in tomorrow to see what (if any) pre-Dec interview slots are still available.
Update: Called in right when the office opened this morning and there were no pre-Dec spots left. They had all of Tuesday - Friday for the first two weeks of December to choose from.
Last edited:
2nd interview. Scheduled on ended day for Dec 2. Last year went end of January and was waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any other interview experiences or thoughts on the school?
.
Anyone have any other interview experiences or thoughts on the school?
The food is amazing!
I'm pretty sure they said email in the morningWill they email us decisions on Dec 2nd or give calls out?
I'm pretty sure they said email in the morning
Yeah it's an email in the morning.
Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.
Heyy, would you mind posting your stats?Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.
It really depends on the interviewer you get. My interview was kind of short, and the only question he asked me was "how are you ?" lol. But I did hear some people saying their interviewer was rude and dry...Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.
I interviewed this week and loved NYU!! The faculty/students are friendly, facilities are amazing and they're becoming digital by the time we enter! Oh and the food was so good.
The only thing is, there will be 360 first year students, but if you went to a big undergrad, it'll be ok.
The only thing is, there will be 360 first year students, but if you went to a big undergrad, it'll be ok.
Interviewing at NYU on Dec 11th and just wondering what you all though about your interviews? I have a buddy that interviewed there already and he said faculty were pretty rude.
I really enjoyed my time there! My interviewer was awesome, and the D4 that lead the tour was awesome as well and everyone was super helpful. The faculty was really nice too, not rude at all.
I interviewed this week and loved NYU!! The faculty/students are friendly, facilities are amazing and they're becoming digital by the time we enter! Oh and the food was so good.
The only thing is, there will be 360 first year students, but if you went to a big undergrad, it'll be ok.
360 yeah but their splitting it up into three sections aren't they? And the labs only have 8-12 students
They told us 4 sections and labs are pretty small
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone... for those that have already interviewed, did they mention how many acceptances will be going out on Dec 2nd? I have an interview coming up and would like to get a ballpark figure on their interview vs. acceptance rate. 🙂
I believe NYU accepts anywhere from 70-80% of students they interview Pre-Dec. I am guessing ~300 / 400 interviewees (pre-dec that is). The reason the percentage is so high is because they have a class of 360. Most schools accepts about twice and many students as their seats available and they cannot be interviewing over a thousand applicants.. That would be be nearly impossible. So you have a very good chance! gluck
edit: oh and I am not sure they give out all acceptances on Dec 2. some will go to students who initially are put on the waiting list. A safe guess would be 60% on the first day so that drops the percentage to roughly 1 in 2 predecember interviewees receiving an acceptance on Dec 2. (just my guess 😛)
Got an interview!
I really wasn't thinking I'd have a shot at any school because of my GPA... Science 2.5, Non-Science 3.2...
Do you mind sharing when you got the application complete email?? Thanks!
Hey guys!
I'm a current D1. Feel free to PM me with any questions 🙂
I'm a current D1. Feel free to PM me with any questions 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K