***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone that has received any decision information (interviews) know how long it took between the time you got the NYU email saying your application is complete and a notification from them?

Application complete email on 6/24.
Interview invite email on 8/26.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
App mailed out 8/14 (supp fee already was mailed)
App fee received 8/19
App complete and under review e-mail on 8/31

at the rate of the people above, interview invite 01/2016 :meh:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
App mailed out 8/14 (supp fee already was mailed)
App fee received 8/19
App complete and under review e-mail on 8/31

at the rate of the people above, interview invite 01/2016 :meh:

Don't stress out too much. My application was mailed at the end of October and I got an interview invite in November, for an early December interview.

I need help!!!!!! I mailed out a money order to school but on the actual money order has my husband name on it. He maid a mistake and wrote his name on it, but on the actuall shipment package, my name is written as the sender. Is that ok?
Why wasting your time and our time asking here!!!!

Does NYU also send out rejection letters or do they just email regarding interview invitations?

They say that time enjoyed wasting is not wasted

I can't believe you are going to be a dentist with that attitude. Relax dude
Just mean that you would not have a clear answer by asking on SDN. You should call the school and ask the question directly! Good luck to you to be a dentist

This is not the right thread for the question

Rather, your attitude and the way you present yourself is not the right attitude and presentation for a future healthcare professional.

Word of advice: Learn to talk to people before you get to dental school. Cause believe it or not, your interpersonal skills are going to matter a lot more than whether you got an A or a B in organic chemistry once you're working with patients on a daily basis.

Reactions: 3 users
Rather, your attitude and the way you present yourself is not the right attitude and presentation for a future healthcare professional.

Word of advice: Learn to talk to people before you get to dental school. Cause believe it or not, your interpersonal skills are going to matter a lot more than whether you got an A or a B in organic chemistry once you're working with patients on a daily basis.
Still learning lol but i dont think advice/learning mode is fit for this thread so just please stop and get back to interview/rejection here

Members don't see this ad :)
Could we go back to just interviews/rejections?

Ok you all my bad. I just needed an advice about my situation. I thought someone may have gone through the same situation while applying to NYU. I did not mean to waste anybodies time. Sorry

Ok you all my bad. I just needed an advice about my situation. I thought someone may have gone through the same situation while applying to NYU. I did not mean to waste anybodies time. Sorry

Mine did as he controls the purse. It's not a big deal. Take a deep breath, know it would be out of your control anyways, and relax knowing that they'll figure out who to credit it to once they receive it.

Hello everyone. I'm a D2 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone who has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips :)
Thank you and good luck to all.

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody know the interview/acceptance stats for last cycle? Just curious since its a pretty big trip coming from California.
According to the ADEA guide, last year's stats on number of interviews and acceptances were not released by NYU. There were 563 IS applicants, 107 of which enrolled, and 3436 OOS 192 of which enrolled.

I'd like to say good luck for the students that have their interviews scheduled tomorrow!!! ;):)
Let us know how it goes! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I really want a interview from NYU! Apparently they just started interviews today. How late do interviews go to?

For those that interviewed today....... AND?????

I just had my interview today and everything was good! You need to fill out a short supplemental application right after you arrive. And then you just sit there and wait for the interviewer to call on you. The interview was pretty chill as I expected. And then we had the Q&A session with a D4 student. And a tour led by students and then lunch. Everyone there was nice! Good luck and you will be fine!!

I just had my interview today and everything was good! You need to fill out a short supplemental application right after you arrive. And then you just sit there and wait for the interviewer to call on you. The interview was pretty chill as I expected. And then we had the Q&A session with a D4 student. And a tour led by students and then lunch. Everyone there was nice! Good luck and you will be fine!!
Thank you so much for the info. What kind of questions in the supplemental application? Is it like just general info or there's essay question??
Good luck :)

Thank you so much for the info. What kind of questions in the supplemental application? Is it like just general info or there's essay question??
Good luck :)
I think the prompt was something like this:
Does Habermas’s theory of practical discourse provide a convincing way of dealing with the normative problems of critical theory?

I think the prompt was something like this:
Does Habermas’s theory of practical discourse provide a convincing way of dealing with the normative problems of critical theory?
Are you serious???

I had mine yesterday too. It was a very relaxed interview with standard questions. I was very impressed with the school and how much the students enjoyed being there.

Guys, i had my interview today, it was awesome! And also I stayed over at a dental student's apartment! The place was 3 mins walk from dental school!

I would recommend 10/10 staying over at ddsdmddds ! Contact her if you need place to stay over!

Got an invite! 6th interview ٩( ๑^ ꇴ^)۶ !!

Do you mind sharing your stats

I'm a CA resident. My oGPA and sGPA are 3.47 and 3.38 respectively, and my DAT is 20AA, 20TS, 22PA, 21RC, paired off with EC's and research ^^

Oh ok. For some reason I thought you mentioned you did in another thread. Im just hoping for any CA school at this point.

Oh, the only CA school I've gotten so far is Western ^^;;

I'm a CA resident. My oGPA and sGPA are 3.47 and 3.38 respectively, and my DAT is 20AA, 20TS, 22PA, 21RC, paired off with EC's and research ^^
Congrats!!!

What schools do you have interviews at? Just curious because I also have research/lots of EC's + similar stats. (10th batch)

I haven't heard anything from nyu since the application complete email. should I give them a call?

Anyone from 7th batch (August 7th) got interview from NYU? I am also waiting for them.. Worried that I am silently rejected;(

Anyone from 7th batch (August 7th) got interview from NYU? I am also waiting for them.. Worried that I am silently rejected;(

last year I didn't get an interview until last week of oct, despite being completed 1st,2nd week of july. just be patient. maybe send a email of interest towards the end of the month

last year I didn't get an interview until last week of oct, despite being completed 1st,2nd week of july. just be patient. maybe send a email of interest towards the end of the month
Thanks for your advice.
I hate this waiting game lol..

Anybody on here from Wednesdays (9/16) interview?

Has anyone done a same day walk-in tour of the school? I just happen to be in the area this week :)